UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> AWESOME PDR session this weekend!

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TKDFighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

This was my first PDR and I must say that there was so much information being given out, I found it hard to take notes at times. This wealth of information not only came from our formal classes, but also from the informal get-togethers that we were engaging in. It is always interesting to see what people from varing backgrounds have to think when introduced to new information.

On top of the learning experience, it was great to finally put some faces to screen names. Needless to say, some where quite surprising.

I will post more insights into the session after I finish my "homework".

It should be enjoyable seeing everyone's comments on the session.

Chris Clifton

BTW, I was happy to see that people got a good laugh off of my tshirts. =)

MitchJ

I would love to know what the rest of the PDR Team's thoughts are, but what an amazing weekend! Thanks goes out to Tony, his family and all the participants for making me realize two things: 1) I'm the blender, you're the banana. 2) I'm the wolf and I don't care how puffy the sheep is (Tom, that was not a joke directed at you!). I feel like the train is back on the tracks. Thanks to all for the training (both psychological and physical), for the laughs and for the face-to-face introductions. I hope to train with y'all much more as the months go by. Regards, Mitch Joel
P

"A mind once stretched by a new idea can never return to its original proportions" Oliver Wendal Holmes My brain is officially 'enlarged' about 2X's normal size. It was, without question, the best session so far...I know I say that EVERY time...but it's true! I can't wait for the Advanced session in December! Phil, PS: We're catching up on a large amount of business at the office and will be in touch soon with lots of exciting new developments!
jsteinmann

This was a truly awesome weekend. A incredible group of people attended this weekend...I was overwhelmed by the amount of experience and skill that was found in that hotel conference room...those people were incredible. The training was incredible, and like Mitch, I feel like I've been put back on track in a great way. A big thank you to Tony and his family, Phil, and the rest of the team, new and old, who attended. You guys are all phenomenal! Jake
truart

Hi all! How do I put a weekend like that in words? I will start with BIG THANK YOU(S): To Tony and Jesse, and Phil for opening their hearts and home to us. To Tony for putting my brain in the blender (figurativelly AND literally) and having a good banana daiquiri left in the end. To Sean for putting up with me as a roommate and training partner once again... and the less than necessary power walk tours of Montreal. To Phil for showing me the 0" inch elbow and other intelligent nuances of the close quarter form. To Mitch for the psychotic "groin launching" version of the CQF ending..and the really cool groin sucker punch/elbow...(whats with you and groins??) To Ron for the coolest/funniest analogy for fighting spirit or lack thereof...(GRRRRR!!! or BAAAA!!) To Raymond for the phlosophy and being the french interpreter. To Dave for the sharing of stories..behind the quiet studiousness there is a growler (sorry about the airport once i checked in they herded me to US Customs and had to stay in that side) To Chris C. for the funny yet disturbing T-shirts. To Charlie for the support, phone calls and jokes...and being the only person other than Sean to admire my looks :-) To Jake and Adam for putting up with the tree shaking and having to eat the wrong kind of ice cream because that girl wanted to leave Montreal and move to Va Beach with me 8-) To Dirk and Eric for letting me practice the CQF on them with reckless abandon. To Mike Torres for having such a great last name and perhaps being my relative if we dig far back into the woodpile. To Gary and Chris S. thanks for your questions and input...they kept Ron quiet occcassionaly 8-) To Tom for the great session and advice...I'll be bench pressing buildings and crushing stones with my bare hands soon. And finally once again to Jesse for not having me asassinated while I was there...a LESSER woman would have....(I swear I'm only Kidding) All joking aside guys....the best way to put it is that I am now a better man, martial artist, teacher, and student for having shared these past few days with you... I am in debt to you all! Thanks Coach for the experience!! A very grateful, Tony Torres from Virginia Beach, Virginia
Donvito

How can literally thousands of hours of training and studying be overshadowed by a single weekend? Those of you that attended this session already know. Forget filling in the cracks coach, I'm emptying my ice cubes and refilling them with the truth. It was truly an honor to be involved this weekend and I will definitely be there for our next session. Ron
Sean Mulligan

I must agree with all of the above. The sessions just continue to evolve and mutate into something bigger and better then the previous one. This is as result of Mr. Blauer structuring the weekend in such a manner that he continues to jam more effective and effecient material into a tight time-line. Just when you thought that it wasn't possible to cover any more material in one weekend, the next brain expanding session arrives and consumes us. Also to the intellectual capital provided by old and new members who attended and assisted in making this an outstanding weekend as well as the team meeting that followed afterwards. And to Tom Campbell, for bringing a new segment to the PDR Structure on Strength and Conditioning. Thanks man, just when i thought that i was getting into kisk ass shape you introduced something new, and yes i've already put it to the test. That i'll discuss later with you. Wow!!!! So many areas were covered and introduced that i believe the weekend is going to have to expand into an entire weekly session just to keep up. Coach, Jesse, Mitch, Phil and the rest of the PDR family, thanks for making this weekend "The best that it could be". Talk soon, Sean P.S. Tony T. I've got your shirts, drop me a line.
eflemmin1

Just wanted to say a big Thank You to Tony, Jesse, Phil, Mitch and everyone at the last PDR session. When it comes to the area of Personal Safety and Self-Defense, this program is incredibly unique and effective. In addition to all the great info, even better were the people. It was great to meet you all and workout with you. I'm looking forward to training with you again at the next PDR session. Eric Flemming
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Thanks Guys, I had a great time and enjoyed finally meeting many of you. The team grows and improves every session. The most important element guys is to like what you see when you look in the mirror [the truth in your eyes, the confidence in your smile, the presence of your faith and the story your physique tells]. Remember Tom's session, his formula for S&C has personal, professional and tactical applications as well. Hope to see many of you in December and/or at the MArch session. Train hard, stay safe and spread the good word. Tony
DI MadMan

DI MadMan

I want to start out by extending a very heartfelt THANK YOU to TONY, JESSE and their family for being such gracious hosts. TONY thanks for the enlightening and as always insightful training, your're the best. To all my fellow PDR teammates. Thanks so much for allowing me to be a "human sponge" and gain so much knowledge from each and every one of you. It was truly a pleasure and a honor to be there this weekend with each of you. Thanks to Phil, and Sean for all your assistance and I am looking forward to seeing you in GA again soon. I am also looking forward to our advanced session by then I will have hopefully completely digested my initial session!!! Again Thanks to each and every one of my fellow PDR mates and especially to our hosts TONY and JESSE you both are wonderful as not only a teacher,but as true friends. To All Stay Safe and in touch See You Again Soon Charlie from lovely downtown Glynco Georgia!!!!! :-)
Robert Finlayson

Reading all of the above posts has brought back a lot of wonderful memories of the past 4 sessions I have attended. It was unfortunate that my wife and I could not make this one. I look forward to meeting the PDR gang at the Advanced session in December. I am working on getting two of my students to go to the next Phase one session in March of 2001. There is nothing more motivating than reading about everyone;s experiences from last weekend. Tony and his family are very kind people, and we can not ask for better role models. Take care everyone and I cannot wait to read more posts on last weekends session!!!!! Keep them rollin'. Robb Finlayson PDR Team
taroson

It will be two years ago tomorrow that I attended my first Tony Blauer seminar. The idea of forming a PDR Team was just being to take shape. Reading the posts of the first time participants in the PDR process brings back pleasant memories of my own PDR experience. Sadly, I have not yet been able to attend another one. I hope we PDR team members on the west coast can get Tony out here soon... The information Tony offers is without a doubt life enhancing and life changing. Because of Tony's teaching, I have slowly but surely moved closer to making my dreams a reality. Thanks Tony. To all the old PDR Team who know me, let me just say I'm still here and hope to see you all soon. To all the new members of the team, allow me to extend my congratulations; I look forward to meeting you all. Tony, I hope you know how much you've helped me grow as a person and how that has helped me in almost every aspect of my life. Again Thank You. The awesome synergy of a team like this with a leader like Tony Blauer can not help but be a fantastic success. I can't wait to attend another PDR weekend! Take Care All, Mike
Mike Torres

What can I possibly say that hasn't been said already? It was a wonderful experience to meet all of you crazy guys. I think this is the first time in my LIFE I have been this excited about learning! After those long sessions (even though they FLEW by), I found myself reading through the handouts, packets, and binder until I couldn't keep my eyes open. I continue to be incredibly impressed with Tony's insight, knowledge, generosity, and teaching style. Thanks again to Tony & Jesse for being so gracious and putting up with 20 something hungry, loud men. And to Phil, Mitch, Sean, Tony and everyone else that helped make the weekend possible. It was awesome. Mike
Raymondo

Dear Coach Blauer and the PDR team, Thank you for a weekend that upon reflection seems to continually inspire and contribute everyday to my growth as a martial artist but ultimately as a person. It was incredible to have had the opportunity to have met and trained with such an impressive and talented group of individuals. I feel honoured to be part of a network whose total intellectual capital will hopefully let us grow together as a team and as individuals. Many thanks again to Coach Blauer, Jesse, Phil, Mitch, Sean, Tony and all the members of the PDR team. I look forward to many years of fruitful collaboration. Your sincerely, Raymond Yong.
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Again, thanks guys for your trust and your efforts. Tony

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.