UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Do I have Plantar Fasciitis?

1/19/08 7:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Otsuka
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Jan-08

I was on vacation last week and I climbed the Great Wall of China (was the most awesome experience!). I have had chronic pain in my left knee from an old kickboxing injury, which started to cause discomfort when I was coming back down the Great Wall. Therefore, I was trying not to use that leg as much as possible. So I was practically hopping down on my right leg, therefore putting a lot of pressure on it. I think I injured my right knee and foot in doing so. So 2 days ago, which is a week after the Great Wall climb, I thought I had recovered and went on a hike with my dog. While coming downhill again, I felt pain in my right knee and foot. When I got home, the pain in my right knee slowly disappeared, but the inside arch of my foot is still in pain. Today it is still painful to walk. I looked up the condition, and may have developed Plantar Fasciitis? If I do, what kind of stretches or excercise should I do to treat it? And what kind of excercises/activities do I have to avoid? Thanks in advance, Ed
1/20/08 11:29 PM
pfsjkd
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Jan-08
Anything's possible, but when I had it, it was in the heels.  Nothing to do but lay it off it for a while.  And ice.  Ice in the morning, ice in the afternoon, ice before bed.
1/21/08 2:07 AM
JasonE
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Jan-08
Start by getting it checked out. Might be a simple thing, but could easily be something more serious. Until you know what you're dealing with, you're just hoping and praying that what you do works. Good luck! Jason Erickson www.CSTMinnesota.com
1/24/08 6:18 PM
saint39

Edited: 24-Jan-08
If it is plantar fasciitis, try rolling the sole of your foot on a tennis ball or racquetball. I have minor fasciitis, and this has nearly cured it. I have worked up to using a lacrosse ball, and it just keeps getting better.
4/14/08 1:06 PM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 14 2008 12:00A
I had it REEEEEEEEEEALLY bad for over 6 months. A good muscular massage therapist worked on it for 3-4 weeks. It was a painful process , but it is literally GONE in less than a month.
7/26/08 4:34 AM
JasonE

Could be a number of things, but it doesn't really sound like plantar fasciitis. In any case, a good massage therapist should be able to help it out. If they notice anything that warrants medical attention, they'll let you know.

Good luck!
Jason Erickson
www.CSTMinnesota.com
8/18/08 10:33 AM
Mack

If you do have it, try using a foot splint that keeps your foot flexed while you sleep. You can pick them up at health care places that sell orthopedic aids...
12/23/08 7:35 AM
JRob7

Freeze a bottle of water.....then roll that along the bottom of your foot several times a day.....this should help cuz its working for me.....it will be painful at first but you'll be fine.....stand with your foot on the bottle and use your foot to roll the bottle back and forth........have fun....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.