UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Mustang/SBF sites & forums

1/24/08 3:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wiggy
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Jan-08

Before I came back to work, I committed to buying a '66 Mustang and am looking for some good sites and forums for early Mustangs and small-block Fords. I haven't been into V8 stuff for a while, and know there has been a lot of good aftermarket stuff in recent years (esp heads) for SBFs, and would like to read up on it (as well as looking for a good source for basic engine specs). And as this is my first 'stang, looking for good resources on tech/parts (info/specs - esp. common gear ratios and parts numbers, interchangability, parts sources/leads, etc.). The car doesn't really much now, as pretty much everything is new. Freshly built 289 w/302 heads, Holly 650, Mallory distributor, 4 into 1s with dual exhaust, etc., all new bushings in suspension, fresh paint/bodywork, all new interior, etc. The C4 is in good shape, as is the rear end. The only thing I'm looking to do right off the bat is brakes - it's still got the stock drums and OEM (though new) master cylinder. More than likely I'll just go w/a front disc conversion kit, but I know you can get the power conversion kits as well (though I'm still not sure how much I want to rely on drums). All suggestions welcome. Thanks.
3/6/08 9:17 PM
Pig Bun
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Mar-08
Corral is a great place to start. I've got a few others, but they are on my home computer. I'll try to post them in a day or two. Building my '69 Falcon station wagon streer/strip project, I've had to do alot of research!! Some sites are better for some things than others.
3/7/08 9:58 AM
Pig Bun
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-08
fordmuscle.com and hardcore50.com have some people that may be able to help you.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.