UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> closest BJJ/no-gi to the Kodokan?

1/25/08 5:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kingabiu
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Jan-08

I am going to be staying at the Kodokan in the middle of October for a couple weeks, first time ever in Japan. I expect I will mainly be training Judo there most evenings. But I would love to do no-gi or BJJ during the days if possible. Anyone know what the closest clubs are? 'Axis'? "Paraestra Tokyo"? Others? Thanks! The Kodokan is at this location, if it helps you: 1-16-30 Kasuga, Bunkyo-ku Tokyo 112-0003 Japan Subway: Mita Line/Oedo Line 1 minute walk from Kasuga Station Subway: Marunouchi Line 5 minutes walk from Korakuen Station Subway: Nanboku Line 3 minutes walk from Korakuen Station JR Sobu Line 12 minutes walk from Suidobashi Station
2/2/08 10:11 AM
Groove Holmes
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Feb-08
Good luck with the Kodokan! I've stayed there a lot, first time was for 5 months. The Kodokan is more East Tokyo, so you could try looking out that way, for example, in Ueno. Or head into Shinjuku, which is about 10/12 minutes away. heading West. I'm living West Tokyo now and there seems to be a lot of clubs that way, if you don't mind the travelling. AXIS is in Meidaimae which is on the Keio line. Pretty much gi, but some of the lads, foreign and Japanese will roll no gi after class. As the Kodokan will close on Sundays, you could pop down to Axis in the afternoon. It's always busy at weekends and in the evening classes.
2/8/08 1:18 AM
jibjab
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Feb-08
WK Network headquarters is about 2 or 3 stops from Suidobashi station on the Chou line at Ochanomisu station (spelling??)...heaps of great no gi amateurs & pros there. - Juggs
2/8/08 11:11 AM
Opash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Feb-08
There is a BJJ/Grappling club at Suidobashi, around the corner from the Isami store and all the puroresu stores. Bungeling Bay/Acadmia Az http://www.academia-az.com/
2/9/08 6:35 PM
jibjab

Edited: 09-Feb-08
I forgot about Acadamia Az!,..trained there once with Hironaka and the black belt there,..Toshiyuki Wadou I think?..great palce to train, friendly and welcoming. You could always ask at FITNESS shop in Suidobashi about training,..they could help. - Juggs
3/13/08 4:08 PM
otisbwags

Edited: 13-Mar-08
ttttt
3/19/08 3:33 PM
Açaí

Edited: 19-Mar-08
What are a few places one can stay at while training at Axis? Anything close to there?
3/31/08 9:28 AM
Groove Holmes

Edited: 31-Mar-08
^ How long are you in Tokyo for?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.