UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> Would you ever vote for Obama?

1/28/08 1:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cypherpunk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Jan-08
I think Obama supporters are well-intentioned people, but I can't vote for him due to the reasons that kylethasnizake laid out. I'll never support a CFR-backed candidate.
1/28/08 1:51 AM
baxter stockman

i've seen the same people who decry obama's church membership as a front on one thread bag the church on others for being racist. so, if i understand your reasoning here, a highly motivated, party-backed candidate has chosen a church -- entirely to relate to the religious tract of america -- that's a racist cesspool? all because he's a closet muslim? poor guy can't win for losing.
1/28/08 2:25 AM
baxter stockman

i don't understand why obama would join a church for show if the church was racist, be it openly or implicitly.
1/28/08 2:27 AM
MightMakesRight
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ Obama Bin Laden. I see you got Hilary's email. PS. Ron Paul or bust!
1/28/08 2:39 AM
baxter stockman

are "they" as in the denomination in general nuts or is the power structure of obama's local organization nuts. basically, is does obama just go to a church that happens to have some members who have said racist things, or is obama personally involved with church officials who have a demonstrably racist agenda?
1/28/08 2:40 AM
cottonzway
608 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No. He is just a slick talking politican, like the rest of them except Ron Paul. He speaks of "change" but voted for the Patriot Act. He says he wants to end the Iraq war, but is deep in the pockets of AIPAC who want to attack Iran. He is a CFR sellout and just another in a long line of traitors (left and right) that speaks of help but offers just shit. Fuck Obama!
1/28/08 2:42 AM
baxter stockman

or, for instance, do they profess a "non-negotiable commitment to africa" as one of their key tenets on the homepage of their website?
1/28/08 3:40 AM
baxter stockman

Edited: 28-Jan-08 03:54 AM
i'm less concerned after reading a few articles. for those interested, and i hope all of you are, one from a major christian news source: http://www.christiancentury.org/article.lasso?id=3392 the other from a major secular one: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/30/us/politics/30obama.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&ref=politics a few things of note. first, it was A LOT harder to find an unbiased secular article than an unbiased religious article, insofar as bias can be avoided in either case. i think the reason's simple -- christians are worried about obama and his church in terms of christian-ness, blackness only being of interest to the degree that it relates to how christian they are or aren't. i found no articles suggesting racism from christrian sources that weren't also strongly demagougued in favor of the political right. secular articles, on the other hand, were almost entirely from politicized sources. i think mainstream media just wants to leave this matter alone for the most part. even the rare cnn/msnbc/newsweek article that i could find only reported on the existence of the controversy, never venturing to answer any of the questions it poses. the times (liberal rag it may be) does take the issue head-on and appears to treat it very fairly. basically, it's a black church that's been quoted as saying black things to black people and it's pretty easy, taken out of context, to see that as anti-white. i suppose speaking english is anti-french in much the same manner. at best, this is guilt by association. and, predictably, obama is judiciously disassociating himself with some of the statements OTHER PEOPLE in the church have made. i'm not afraid of any kind of non-violent ethnocentricism, but that's just me. honestly, i'm very relieved that the church seems to have nothing at all to hide and i'd be very, very interested to hear what people who are up in arms about this have to say about ron paul's name and letterhead above racist statements.
1/28/08 3:59 AM
baxter stockman

Edited: 28-Jan-08 04:13 AM
"any" shouldn't be in there. i don't oppose ethically equilibrial, transparently operated ethnocentric groups and i have no problem with individuals thinking they're culturally martian if they want, as long as the law is obeyed and they aren't SEEKING TO DENIGRATE OTHERS. ultimately, i place trust in the designs of the architects of our political system. jefferson, madison, franklin, adams, livingston, sherman. they were brilliant men who understood that they had to build a framework that was strong enough to support an indefinite period of change, but retain its core structure. one that was general enough for applicability to anything the future could challenge it with, but specific enough to provide the answers they knew we'd need. prescient enough that we'd never forget it and unobtrusive enough that it'd never hold us back. something about that just seems to suggest the ability for the united states as an institution to allow its members to define themselves personally without losing their american identity.
1/28/08 4:16 AM
easyrhino
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
1/28/08 4:25 AM
baxter stockman

Edited: 28-Jan-08 02:01 PM
nice edit, asshole.
1/28/08 5:02 AM
easyrhino
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

urb.......you are an ignorant soul. did you graduate high school?
1/28/08 5:14 AM
Joe Ray

"I wanted Thompson. " LOL TTT for 'The Mummy'... A truly awful candidate.
1/28/08 5:19 AM
baxter stockman

"demonstrably racist agenda" = no
1/28/08 5:32 AM
easyrhino

LOL! where are you finding this stuff urb?
1/28/08 5:44 AM
easyrhino

urb.......please do go back to school. nowhere does that website say that the african race is superior to any other race. they are simply guiding their ministry towards a black audience, many of whom share similar life experiences in regards to their identity. you are suffering from poor reading comprehension skills and the ability to look at things objectively, without regard to your own racist views. trying to change your views is a task that i dont have time for. get that ged!
1/28/08 5:47 AM
Matthew Battle

I might.
1/28/08 5:59 AM
fokket

he's the retard trying to apply national ban on CCW. Fuck that
1/28/08 6:36 AM
IBringTheDanger
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see what the americans have against him. If i were you i'd vote OBAMA 08!
1/28/08 7:13 AM
Joe Ray

Republicans will run adevrst telling peoppe that Osama is really a Muslim jihadist Al-Qeada drone who wants to enslave America with sharia law and convert every American citizens to Islam by the sword. there are a number of the Republicans who already believe this lunatic drivel.
1/28/08 8:12 AM
Joe Ray

"I believe Hillary's campaign may already be guilty of this through mass emails." Oh they've been at it already no doubt. He has never been a muslim. There is zero truth in that but clinton had some powerful supporter out saying to the media how great it was that Obama was a muslim before in his youth and how it shows what a diverse guy he is. All said in the most piss-taking and patronizing way.
1/28/08 9:36 AM
StrikeAnywhere
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread illustrates the reason why Republicans want Hillary to get the nomination. I wouldn't be surprised if she starts to get contributions from prominent republicans or if some republican political strategists try and swift boat Obama
1/28/08 9:59 AM
cypherpunk

LOL @ White people being so concerned about racism all of a sudden.
1/28/08 10:04 AM
Kneeblock
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will on Super Tuesday.
1/28/08 10:19 AM
StrikeAnywhere
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"LOL @ White people being so concerned about racism all of a sudden." Yeah you'd think Obama was going to usher in a New Black Order with the way some people are so up in arms about his church. I'm catholic...my church knowingly kept priests with history of molesting kids in parishes...a vote for me means a vote for molesestion!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.