UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> Would you ever vote for Obama?

1/28/08 6:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fraser
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Jan-08
"Obama's church just gave some man-of-the-year award or something to Louis Farrakhan - draw your own conclusions from there." I draw the conclusion that you are trying to use irrelevant and unsubstantiated information to influence people's opinions emotionally.
1/28/08 7:51 PM
bluedragon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Jan-08 07:57 PM
Does ROFL mean, 'yes, I am dumb, just got owned and the only thing I can type is ROFL?' Of course I wrote Illinois because I know how you like to play semantics police. And the issue you were getting at comes from his votes as Senator in Illinois. Sorry if I was too specific for you. I'll dumb it down next time so you understand better. Now go back to being scared. You will have to get used to it for the next 8 years. Way to avoid my question too. You are becoming a great troll, if it is any concellation to you.
1/28/08 9:37 PM
jellyman
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"no doubt we'll hit him over the head over and over with this racist church shit!" We, huh?
1/28/08 10:04 PM
Kneeblock
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's an email John Kerry sent me to counter this nonsense:

Dear ___________,

I support Barack Obama because he doesn't seek to perfect the politics of Swiftboating -- he seeks to end it.

This is personal for me, and for a whole lot of Americans who lived through the 2004 election.

As a veteran, it disgusts me that the Swift Boats we loved while we were in uniform on the Mekong Delta have been rendered, in Karl Rove's twisted politics, an ugly verb meaning to lie about someone's character just to win an election. But as someone who cares about winning this election and changing the country I love, I know it's not enough to complain about a past we can't change when our challenge is to win the future -- which is why we must stop the Swiftboating, stop the push-polling, stop the front groups, and stop the email chain smears.

The truth matters, but how you fight the lies matters even more. We must be determined never again to lose any election to a lie.

This year, the attacks are already starting. Some of you may have heard about the disgusting lies about Barack Obama that are being circulated by email. These attacks smear Barack's Christian faith and deep patriotism, and they distort his record of more than two decades of public service. They are nothing short of "Swiftboat" style anonymous attacks.

These are the same tactics the right has used again and again, and as we've learned, these attacks, no matter how bogus, can spread and take root if they go unchecked.

But not this time -- we're fighting back.

And when I say "we," I mean that literally. I know Barack is committed to fighting every smear every time. He'll fight hard and stand up for the truth. But he can't do it alone.

We need you to email the truth to your address books. Print it out and post it at work. Talk to your neighbors. Call your local radio station. Write a letter to the editor. If lies can be spread virally, let's prove to the cynics that the truth can be every bit as persuasive as it is powerful.

The Obama campaign has created a place where you can find the truth you'll need to push back on these smears and a way to spread the truth to all of your address book.

Take action here:

http://my.barackobama.com/factcheckaction

So when your inbox fills up with trash and the emails of smear and fear, find the facts, and help defeat the lies.

Barack Obama is committed to bringing our country together to meet the challenges we face, but he knows that power gives up nothing without a struggle -- and to win the chance to change America, we must first defeat the hateful tactics that have been used to tear us apart for too long.

With your help, we can turn the page on an era of small, divisive politics -- but only if next time you hear these attacks on Barack, you take action immediately:

http://my.barackobama.com/factcheckaction

The fight is just heating up -- we won't let them steal this election with lies and distortions.

Thank you,

John Kerry

1/28/08 10:17 PM
jellyman
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Jan-08 10:24 PM
"We as in me and my fellow Republicans on sites like this and others." Well, now you're just another partisan. Could be a swiftboater for all I know.
1/28/08 10:20 PM
jellyman

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ioaChVw_pUw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param></object>
1/28/08 10:28 PM
foxfirejesse

you couldnt pay me enough money to vote for Obama. I dont care what Oprah says!!!
1/28/08 11:53 PM
bluedragon

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cmNCALGHOC4&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param></object>
1/28/08 11:55 PM
DaveFu
1411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd vote for him over Hillary Clinton Dennis Kucinich Ralph Nader Ted Kennedy John Edwards Ronald McDonald Jesse Jackson Bill Maher Keith Olbermann
1/29/08 10:19 AM
oldnslow
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Jan-08
"I didn't think there was any way that the democrats could lose the mexican vote but with this racist church and how distrustful mexicans are naturally of the blacks this will just play into our hands." It would be very interesting to see an Obama/Richardson ticket then, wouldn't it? "The sad truth here is that lily white liberal voters like bluedragon will only "support" black candidates that don't look too black. " Wesley Snipes/Charlie Murphy ticket.
1/29/08 10:21 AM
fokket

Obama is anti gun so no way
1/29/08 10:57 AM
oldnslow
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a Democrat and lean towards Obama over Clinton. If Clinton wins this election and has a 2nd term, that's 28 years of Bush and Clintons. A choice between Obama, Edwards, and Richardson would be more difficult for me to make, but the latter two are not in the picture. Of the criticisms levied at Obama in the above postings, the one I give the most credence to is the "vague" label. I would add my own in that I want to hear more from him on agressive health care reform. The church issue I don't give much credence to. If you read its mission statement as racist then you would have to lable any charity or non-profit organization whose mission is to address issues in the black community as racist. Just because an organization is dedicated to serving a particular community does not mean it does so to the detriment of other communities. Unlike organizations like the KKK, who work to benefit the white community by destroying minority ones, it seems like Obama's church is simply working to improve the status and situation of african-americans.
1/29/08 10:58 AM
awkward jaws

yes
1/29/08 11:00 AM
Hawkeyefan

Obama is anti gun so no way

Ditto.

1/29/08 11:12 AM
westernwarrior

"Obama is anti gun so no way" Obama won't put in any anti-gun legislation if he gets elected. He voted against the confiscation of guns after Katrina. He a true moderate in terms of gun control. Obama: "The problem that we've had is that the overwhelming majority of gun owners use those firearms safely, secure them properly and I think would be amenable to reasonable gun control laws. The NRA's attitude has been that any restriction is an infringement on the rights of gun owners and you know because of the breadth of their membership and the large amounts of money that they have at their disposal, I think they are oftentimes able to scare law-abiding gun owners into thinking that Democrats are going to take away their rights and part of what I think we have to communicate is that we are committed to maintaining the rights of lawful gun owners, but that doesn't contradict the need to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill or put limits on the accessibility of semi-automatic weapons or make sure that straw purchasers aren't dumping firearms into our inner cities." http://learfield.typepad.com/radioiowa/2007/04/clinton_edwards.html
1/29/08 11:13 AM
jman
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was planning on voting for him, but now I hear he wants to give driver's licenses to illegals. I'm going to have to rethink this now.
1/29/08 11:14 AM
chokeyou

i AM
1/29/08 11:39 AM
jellyman

"it seems like Obama's church is simply working to improve the status and situation of african-americans." Well, that's no good. How will the OG bigots be able to put down blacks in the future if their situation improves?
1/29/08 12:01 PM
bluedragon

Edited: 29-Jan-08 12:06 PM
BubbleAss hits a new low (or high in his circles) with the race baiting. Its so pathetic that it isn't even worth of a copy and paste. At least I finally got your true Georgianess to show on this thread. Its all about the color of his skin for you. Screw the message, he's black! Tell the wizard I said hi loser.
1/29/08 12:10 PM
jellyman

"In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01. White America and the Western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just "disappeared" as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring Black concerns." Obama said this when? Source?
1/29/08 12:11 PM
jellyman

What about what the white lady said?
1/29/08 12:19 PM
TUF Noobiest

I'd vote for Obama over McCain, but that is the only likely scenario where I'd vote for a Dem. It's not b/c Obama is so great, it's more that he's not as big of a douche as McCain. I'd be ok w/ voting for Rudy or Romney against any dem. I'd vote for any Repub vs Hillary.
1/29/08 12:24 PM
TUF Noobiest

Obama's church is whacked out but he probably just joined any local black church he could find to score some political points. He's not religious, at least not Christian.
1/29/08 12:33 PM
Daredevil73
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ phrases like "I'm a Republican but I'd vote for Obama."

I can see crossing party lines to vote for a fairly centrist candidate, but anyone who identifies himself as a Republican and saying they'd vote for Obama clearly doesn't have the slightest clue in to what little there is of his ultra-liberal voting record.

You guys just must believe what he says in flashy speeches or some shit.

1/29/08 12:41 PM
bluedragon

"If you were hispanic you'd understand our concerns about electing a black chauvinist president" Yet you fail to list one reason why you think this way. "And the truth of the matter is that liking Obama solely for being black isn't any better logic than disliking him for being black" I agree. You shouldn't put any stock into what BubbleAss writes or thinks. He is a race baiter. "you think Obama is some sort of messiah that will right the wrongs of yesterday" No, I think he is the best candidate for the job. "He's has no record to stand on, no plan for the future, just vague rhetoric, and a nice smile" 2.1 "It's a pattern that failed every time at the state and local level and I see no reason why the national level would be any different." Its called being a pessimist.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.