UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Attn: EVILYOSHIDA and PRIDEGP1

2/24/08 2:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IrishLew
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Feb-08
EY what are your thoughts about the WEC?  Zuffa owned yes, but Dana-less which is a plus.  Miguel Torres is a beast, i'd love to see more Shooto guys come over.
2/24/08 2:33 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

"He secretly enjoys many of them also but won't break character and admit it on here. " I've praised a lot of UFC fights. UFC has some good fights. It's the presentation that i hate. Dirty black cage, endless cheapo plugging of b-movies and d-list celebrities, pick your favorite xyience girl etc. UFC has a lot of the fights that matter for the top 10 rankings. You would not be a fan of MMA if you refused to watch them. That said, when comparing Pride to UFC, Pride will always be the superior org and is something that the UFC should aspire towards.
2/24/08 2:34 PM
Crooklyn
771 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CageSide Live!
This statement is off a wee bit Mr. TUFer.  EY didn't bet with a screen name he didn't have.  If he had lost, I would have made him blue on the spot to accommodate the terms of the bet.  It's kinda like he had a financial backer that would have eaten the loss had it been necessary.  He didn't lose the bet.  You did, therefore I made him blue on the timeframe of my regular monthly giveaway.  Kudos to you for honoring the bet.  You are a good man.

I have just woken up and read this. Reading comprehension FTW btw, I said several posts ago that I would honor. I feel its shady and it sucks that I can't bet on 82 bc he dragged his feet on getting his blue name (I don't care if Crroklyn gave it to him or whatever). ken large is correct, its like in Kingpin, they were ready to kill him for betting money he didnt have. O well but screw anyone who jumped to conclusions or is hating, Ive done nothing wrong, I was the one who got screwed.
2/24/08 2:36 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

The WEC is good. A lot of great fighters. Filho who is the linear #1 MW champ, Urijah Faber, Takaya, Leonard Garcia. They are definitely a top org as well. However i think Filho deserves to be in the UFC. The UFC should be about finding the best guys in each weight division. Filho is definitely the linear champ. We start with the last univerally ranked #1 MW, Busta. Busta gets beat by Hendo, hendo gets beat by Misaki, Misaki beats Filho.
2/24/08 2:38 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

"This statement is off a wee bit Mr. TUFer. EY didn't bet with a screen name he didn't have. If he had lost, I would have made him blue on the spot to accommodate the terms of the bet. It's kinda like he had a financial backer that would have eaten the loss had it been necessary. He didn't lose the bet. You did, therefore I made him blue on the timeframe of my regular monthly giveaway. Kudos to you for honoring the bet. You are a good man." Thanks Crooklyn. You are a such a sweetie. I had no idea when my bluename would expire so I did not take the bet knowing that my blue would expire on the day of the bet. Thanks for clearing everything up!
2/24/08 3:47 PM
OriginalTUFer

Edited: 24-Feb-08 03:54 PM
What name should I request? Crooklyn, if it indeed was an honest mistake of not knowing when he paid last, I would agree that it was just a misunderstanding. But once he was confronted, he said it didn't matter because he knew he would win. That is a different story. That would like me betting on the Pats without the funds but thinking it was okay because I knew they would win. You bailed him out but it was no big deal; yours and his transaction is of no consequence to me. He bet something he didn't have, when I found out he didn't have it, I told him I would - in good faith - honor the bet once he had it (regardless of the lack of validity of the bet at the moment of the bet). All this is just noise because I wanted to bet my name and I lost. I sure do hope he would have really honored it and gotten a blue name, right away, if he had lost because if not, I would feel like I was in a no-win situation. All this is noise. but I have done nothing wrong and there is no negative air around my actions, but regardless of the outcome, there is still a bad taste in my mouth with EY's actions. Especially because I am now unable to bet on 82 or UFN. This is not a big deal, but it is still a bad taste and people coming on here or people taking sides only make it worse. And to be 100% honest, if I would have been in EY's shoes, I would have asked you to give me the blue name that day, or I would have bought it that day. I would not have waited three weeks until I got it and then named the guy. So what's my name?
2/24/08 3:48 PM
IrishLew

OriginalTUFer what fights were you looking to bet on?  maybe we could work something out.
2/24/08 3:54 PM
OriginalTUFer

I don't know what you could work out but I'd take either of the TQ guys, Leben or Tanner.
2/24/08 3:55 PM
IrishLew

i'll be rooting for them as well...what i meant was if we made a bet it would take effect after your current one ended.
2/24/08 3:57 PM
OriginalTUFer

I could dig that, i'll take Anderson.
2/24/08 3:59 PM
IrishLew

ok...i'll take Hendo

2 weeks or 1 month?

2/24/08 4:00 PM
OriginalTUFer

how ever long you want
2/24/08 4:02 PM
IrishLew

2 weeks that way you or me are available for the FN and UFC 83 to make bets.
2/24/08 4:02 PM
Crooklyn
771 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CageSide Live!
Mr. TUFer, I understand your point, which is why I commended you on your honorable actions to uphold the bet, regardless of the circumstances.  I think I might have a solution for you guys.  How about you make the screen name bet 1 week long.  Make it expire on the eve of the fight so that you can still screen name bet for 82 and UFN.  I think that is a fair exchange due to the misunderstandings and controversy surrounding this wager.  I'm positive that EY will go for this, as he is a fair minded individual.
2/24/08 4:25 PM
OriginalTUFer

done, irishlew, thanks alot man. GL on the Team Quest sweep! If EY wants to do that, I'd be fine. To be honest I, like most gamblers, don't mind losing, I just want to win, lol. The ball is in EY's court, he just needs to tell me what name and how he wants to do it. IrishLew the bets on, if you want to determine the length by EY's decision, no prob, but we're on. To me, it is one of the most interesting fights in MMA history to me. Not only is it a match between two true dominant champions but also on a stylistic level. It's like on the level of a GSP/Hughes, Fedor/Nog or Sherk/BJ match. I actually don't really see Anderson finishing Hendo and I think Hendo can somehow get Hendo. Partly because I don't think we have seen enough of Anderson's chin and cardio and I think Hendo will be the first to test both. I know its totally cliche, but I think this is the last true test for Anderson (not the old one that got caught by every Japanese fighter known to man). I think we know his Muay Thai, Strikes, BJJ and fighting prowess is on another level, but what happens when he gets tired or gets hit. That's why I think we will finally see exactly who Anderson is after this fight. All of this, plus, who is left for him?
2/24/08 4:32 PM
Crooklyn

CageSide Live!
I wouldn't mind seeing how Sonnen would do against Silva......
2/24/08 9:08 PM
wrinkleking
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since were talking screen name bets, I got Shogun against Chuck ...30 days any takers?
2/24/08 9:12 PM
IrishLew

Edited: 24-Feb-08 09:17 PM
@ OriginalTUFer

you got it buddy...

"That's why I think we will finally see exactly who Anderson is after this fight. All of this, plus, who is left for him?"

a move up to LHW, he's huge at MW so size shouldn't matter too much.

2/24/08 10:00 PM
OriginalTUFer

IrishLew has foreseen the correct. Did he say that he walked at 215 in that one interview? Especially with him being so tall, it shouldn't be a problem in the least bit for him. Plus, he strikes me as the type of guy who wants to prove himself fully and doesn't put much credence into weight classes (i'll bet he'd fight Fedor). Yea that division will be Rich's again soon.
2/24/08 10:02 PM
IrishLew

i agree ^^^

Hendo will move back up if he loses, Rich would be the best fighter in the weight class.

2/24/08 10:03 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

I'm down with crooklyn's idea. your name will be " PRIDE FOREVER " Please email kirik. Thanks
2/24/08 10:07 PM
OriginalTUFer

Yep, 214 lbs or 97 kg is his walking weight and that's cutting down to 185, for all we know, he could put another 10 lbs on. The interesting question is, what on earth would Hendo do if he lost again? It would be a long road to the title for 185 or 205. 185, he'd have to beat: An Okami/Belcher/Bisping Then a Franklin/Leben/Leites/Almeida just to get a shot 205, he'd have to beat: A Tito/Thiago/Hamill Then a Chuck/Wand/Rampage/Shogun just to get a shot Tough road either way.
2/24/08 10:08 PM
OriginalTUFer

Pride Forever, lol, put a smile on my face. And to sweeten the deal, prepare a huge Pro-Pride/Anti-UFC thread for me that I will make as my first post as Pride Forever, lol.
2/24/08 10:10 PM
Crooklyn

CageSide Live!
TTT for Mr. TUFer to see.  I knew diplomacy would fix all this discontent.  I hope everyone has a great week=)
2/24/08 10:14 PM
OriginalTUFer

Email sent; and IrishLew, our bet will start the day after UFC 82 so you can set it at whatever you want from 1-4 weeks, just post it on this thread and that's the terms.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.