UnderGround Forums

North Carolina Underground >> NON - R.O.C. fight teams

1/31/08 2:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stlnl2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Jan-08

How many of you guys' gyms/schools training in NC have active fighters (ammy or pro) competing in MMA? Where are they fighting and how many active fighters in your gym?
2/1/08 12:34 AM
stlnl2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Feb-08
No one who reads this who isnt with Team R.O.C. has fighters competing out of NC? Or even some at the gyms they train at? I find this doubtful since half the cards in Va seem to be NC guys.
2/1/08 9:00 AM
thePetester
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We (CAJA JUDO) have at least one guy. His screen name is downtown and he posts primarly on the OG. He doesn't do judo though.
2/1/08 9:23 AM
stlnl2

I should have added in the original post, Where are you guys with fighters located(town/city) and where do most of your guys fight (state/show/etc).
2/1/08 9:32 AM
thePetester

Stallings, NC. It is outside of Charlotte. He fights in VA, and has also fought in OH and NJ I think.
2/1/08 1:07 PM
stlnl2

One noted, anyone else? What about Anthony Huss, Joe Hurst, and some of the other guys around Charlotte area? I know they have some guys fighting MMA, and was curious as to how many and where they fight.
2/18/08 11:47 PM
Revolution FT

Edited: 18-Feb-08
We've been fighting in Kentucky. My student Brian Keller is fighting for the 185 belt March 7th at Rupp. American Fight League...used to be Caged Inferno.
2/19/08 8:06 AM
stlnl2

Edited: 19-Feb-08
You guys dont ever fight in VA? I only ask because there are alot more events in VA, and Every event I go to I see 30-40% of some cards with guys from NC, and I wonder where they are coming from if no one on the Forums is competing there.
2/27/08 6:01 PM
Mr Mike from NC

Edited: 27-Feb-08
At the last EVT event in Danville, VA, there were several guys from a Triangle based team called Ring Lords. They may be based in Cary. There were also several guys from a Kernersville school called American Mixed Martial Arts Systems. Finally, there was a fighter from Team Blackfist of Durham.
2/28/08 12:03 AM
stlnl2

Edited: 28-Feb-08
Pretty sure AMMAS is ROC affiliated now, or was at that event as well, but I could be wrong about that, all the ROC affiliates dont put ROC at the forefront of the gym name. I know ring lords, one of my guys fought one of theirs. I cant really count Blackfist. I think that kid just trains on his own at several places and cooked that name up himself, I could be wrong but so far as I have seen he's the only Blackfist guy.
3/5/08 6:45 PM
Mr Mike from NC

Edited: 05-Mar-08
"Pretty sure AMMAS is ROC affiliated now, or was at that event as well, but I could be wrong about that" They aren't listed on the Team-ROC affiliates page. They promote the name of Allen Branch as their instructor/sponsor and, look like they have a Karate/Muay Thai/Boxing emphasis.
3/5/08 7:25 PM
stlnl2

Edited: 05-Mar-08
Just going by what I heard in the locker room as I taped my guy's hands. For the record I dont know for certain one way or another. Only know what I hear. Never bothered to look on the net, and I dont even know who is or isnt ROC (even though we are Roc).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.