UnderGround Forums

SBGI >> Stability ball training for BJJ

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/31/08 10:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hywel Teague
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Jan-08

I know the Beaverton guys did a video of this kind of thing and stuck it up on YouTube, and I remember being really impressed with the dude's 'stickiness' and really fluid style of using it. There are a ton of uses for these things, Karl bought a whole bunch for the gym (along with various other torture implements, sorry, exercise equipment lol) and we use them all the time for loads of different things. I like to shadow roll with stability balls a lot, it's something I do to warm up or when I'm bored. I really started getting into it when I hurt my neck and couldn't roll fora while. It gave me something to do without going crazy! I encourage all of my grappling privates to try playing with them as I find it gets people used to moving fluidly and in positions they're not accustomed to in our everyday vertical lives. Sometimes I use them in class (if the numbers aren't too big) as well. There is no pattern here, no format, just me, the ball and the mat. A few guys at the gym asked me 'how' to do what I do, and I told them I couldn't really tell them, I would just show them how I play and they could take from it what they wanted. If any one has any suggestions or ideas on how this could develop and grow, please post :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuuanZoKsfs
2/1/08 11:54 AM
Hunter V
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Feb-08
nice, I just started getting into this as well after watching my coach do it too!
2/1/08 1:59 PM
sovann

Edited: 01-Feb-08

Nice vid!

I posted a few ideas awhile ago.

2/9/08 10:43 PM
erikmfx
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Feb-08 10:51 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_cNvpIamQOE
6/4/08 8:52 PM
mandalalisten

Edited: 06/04/08 8:53 PM
Wait till you see the Grapple Jack. A Jiu Jitsu Tinker Toy.

Dave Copeland
7/14/08 12:45 AM
erikmfx
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Dave that stability ball clip you're in has gotten almost 43,000 views in a little over a year it's been up on Youtube.    Pretty soon people will be recognizing you on the street!

9/22/08 10:04 PM
ooa

swiss ball best train n da wurl, i wood also add trampoline jog/shadowbox, marciano deep water punching, and yoga of course

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.