UnderGround Forums

PhilosophyGround >> Feminism is hypocritical

2/2/08 12:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jenny Wishbone
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Feb-08

Certainly in my mind the stuff that you see nowadays. I thought this letter sums it up quite nicely: http://media.www.dailyutahchronicle.com/media/storage/paper244/news/2006/02/10/LettersToTheEditor/Feminism.Is.Hypocritical-1607818.shtml Editor: It felt strange opening The Chronicle today and seeing that someone thought my ideas were feminist in nature ("Ryan Dark: Feminist?" Feb. 9). There was a lot of talk about how my ideas are all tenets of "true feminism" and that I was just a misguided soul blaming all of feminism for an exception to the rule. Well, I tell you this, I am no feminist and I believe in true equality. The fact is that "true feminism" exists in the same way that "true communism" exists-only in your mind. The true feminism described to me in the Feb. 9 edition of The Chronicle would call a bill named the "Violence Against Women Act" sexist against men. True feminism would close down the roughly 45 female-only universities, instead of fighting to keep them segregated. Feminism in reality demands women be admitted to all-male golf tournaments, then turns around and tries to explain why all-female gyms are necessary. It fights for equal representation in the work force, except when that work involves shoveling coal or digging a hole. That is reality. I would like to thank Kim M. Bowman, Jr. for the invitation to take a gender studies class so that I can see what it is all about ("Gender 1010 for Ryan Dark," Feb. 9). I will, however, have to decline, since I have seen one all ready-and until they rename it propaganda studies, I don't think I want any further part in it. Ryan Dark Senior,?Mechanical Engineering/Physics
3/1/08 1:17 AM
LionHartt

Edited: 01-Mar-08
HERE IS A SUGGESTION: FEMINISM IS CONTRADICTORY. ps THERE ARE MANY FORMS OF FEMINISM. BLACK FEMINISM, RADICAL FEMINISM, AND SO FORTH
3/6/08 12:16 AM
baxter stockman

Edited: 06-Mar-08
people tend to miscategorize feminism. it's a critical theory, not a philosophy, even a social one. it's unfortunate that feminists are among the most likely to make this categorical mistake.
3/7/08 12:24 AM
thesleeper

Edited: 07-Mar-08
Women are hypocritical, so what else is new. They want to be both treated with equal respect and held up as special. The two are mutually exclusive. That being said there has been alot of exclusion of women from society that needed to be righted, and so some all women universities here and there should be tolerated.
3/13/08 5:10 PM
ViewType

Edited: 13-Mar-08
"That being said there has been alot of exclusion of women from society that needed to be righted, and so some all women universities here and there should be tolerated." Horse shit. Since the day women got the vote, they held power (since there are more women than men of voting age). Once they had the vote there was no need for affirmative action or special protection not afforded men.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.