UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> Canucks without TOP SIX D-men

2/4/08 9:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PR
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Feb-08

WHAT THE FUCK.............. "Just heard on Team1040: Ohlund is back in Vancouver for personal reasons. Miller is still nursing his foot after taking a slapshot off it last game. More details to come..." Holy fuck, has there been any time in the history of the NHL that a team has been without it's top 6 defensemen??? It's fucking ridiculous. The Canucks will be appealing to the fans in the crowd if anyone wants to come down and play defense it's so bad. Over the last 15 games the Canucks have had a rotating 3-4 of their top 6 out every game... and it's just been getting worse and worse. I'll post pics if I get recruited to play soon. If we are LUCKY it's possible that Sami Salo might play tomorrow's game! Woooooooooooooo. Willie Mitchell - out with cracked vertebrae/stress fracture in back Mattias Ohlund - Just came back, now back in Vancouver for personal reasons. Kevin Bieksa - Out for 3 months with badly cut calf muscle from skate. Sami Salo - Groin strain. Lukas Krajicek - Out with recurring shoulder injury wort than first feared Aaron Miller - out, foot JBKZBJFJSFhaKhj;Hhlk;ashfhKSA;HLlklhkLHKFHks:;Kzkjfjl
2/4/08 9:27 PM
PR
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Feb-08
Oh and also Brendan Morrison is still OUT too.
2/5/08 8:45 AM
Mark1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Feb-08
And they were doing so well too.... lol Mark
2/5/08 12:55 PM
PR

Uh yeah, they were 2nd in the conference and 4th in the league. Seems alright?
2/5/08 1:00 PM
Spankenstyne
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Injuries are catching up to them. The biggest turnaround they had was when they lost their top 3 D men after the Nashville game early on. They then went on the run that landed them in 1st in the NW by getting back to the team defense & support style they had been playing last season. Luckily they actually have some depth & guys like Weaver & Bourdon have played very well and Edler has been a horse all year. Right now they just look outta gas after playing over their heads for an extended period. They need some scoring help with Morrison out on that second line. The problem is to get someone they have to give up someone, and they can't really afford to lose any roster players. That all said they're still just 5 points out of 1st, it's so tight. Interesting tidbit on Edler, Detroit and their inhuman European scouting staff were all primed to steal Edler in the 3rd round of the '04 draft but the Canucks on Thomas Gradin's word traded up to scoop him from the clutches of the dreaded Winged wheel...
2/5/08 1:39 PM
Mr B Rock
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy fuck, has there been any time in the history of the NHL that a team has been without it's top 6 defensemen??? It's fucking ridiculous.

-See 2006 eastern conference finals

2/5/08 2:29 PM
Mark1

"Interesting tidbit on Edler, Detroit and their inhuman European scouting staff were all primed to steal Edler in the 3rd round of the '04 draft but the Canucks on Thomas Gradin's word traded up to scoop him from the clutches of the dreaded Winged wheel..." They ended up drafting Johan Franzen instead. I'll take Franzen. He looks like he is finding his place as a 3rd line shutdown center against the other team's big line. That opens up Zetterberg and Datsyuk to play against other lines. Yzerman nicknamed him The Mule for a reason. "Uh yeah, they were 2nd in the conference and 4th in the league. Seems alright? " Yeah, I guess. I didn't have anything good to bust your hump about today. I'll try harder next time. lol Mark
2/5/08 3:43 PM
PR

Heh. Fair enough.
2/5/08 5:28 PM
Spankenstyne
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Franzen's another good find. Lidstrom had some very complimentary words about Edler and figures he'll be an elite D man and is surprised he's as good as he is this early in his career. Nice compliment from probably the best D man in the game.
2/10/08 10:04 PM
Big Pete

Edited: 10-Feb-08
Well Welcome to the Blachawks world...We are just getting healthy now and getting Towes back and Jason Williams soon. But having your top 4 or more d men out for any team like the Nucks and Hawks had for a while is too much for any team in the league the depth for for d men in the league just isnt there. Lets hope the Nucks get chopped tonight by the hawks.
2/11/08 1:07 AM
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Feb-08
Canucks and Avs really are having bad luck this season. It really sucks, cause I know Calgary is overrated and doesn't deserve to have a playoff spot. Gotta give Colorado credit, their persistence has finally paid off with theodore, and I hope my prediction comes true that they take the division.
2/11/08 3:47 AM
PR

Great game tonight bet CHI and VAN. Big Pete whats your take on the Shannon SO goal, and the penalty shot??
2/11/08 4:19 PM
Big Pete

I was listening to the game beacuase my satellite was down and the Chicago announcers seemed to think the goal was comig back for sure ill look on tsn or youtube for it. We needed those two points so of course we blow the lead with 4 mins left....These teams always seem to have great games with fights!
2/11/08 5:56 PM
Spankenstyne

They changed the rules (puck must be moving forward) to allow guys to do those spin-o-rama moves from all the complaining a couple years back. Was a great goal and I loved his reaction to 'Bulin's two hander to the back of his head, just a "WOOOOOOO" in his face lol.
2/11/08 8:35 PM
Big Pete

Looked like bs to me only because it looked like he made contact with Bulin before he scored i think they gave him a break because he did have Bulin badly out of position with that move. We could have used Havlat in the shooutout but he was sick and left the game in the first Toews looked great first game back and man what a steal Sharp has been from the Flyers and great pass from Jonothan. Hawks will need time to mature still looks like Byfulien, Wiesnieski(sp), Barker will be solid d mean for many years but need some time yet and the core with Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook is already a force on a team that cannot score goals. With Sharp locked up , Toews, Kane future looks bright if Havlat can ever stay healthy.
2/11/08 8:58 PM
PR

Yeah hawks look like they are going to be awesome.
2/11/08 9:13 PM
Big Pete

I think the toughest thing to develop for any team is the d men. Their are talented forwards all over the league but how many teams can say they eve have 4 solid d men not many and if they do tey are usually veteran players no young guys in their early 20s like the hawks. Look at Duncan Keith guy makes the all star team in this third year and hes 22!!!! The guy is super talented and is one the best skaters in the league. Pr speaking of the Nucks you guys could use Brent Sopel lol we just signed him to an extension have watched him all season not offensive as he was with the Canucks but man this guy doesnt make a mistake!!!
2/12/08 3:11 PM
R-Mon

Edited: 12-Feb-08
"this guy doesnt make a mistake!!!" You obviously didn't see him play for the Canucks.
2/12/08 4:38 PM
Big Pete

Yes i did for the Hawks this year hes been unreal though if you watched played so well they already gave him a contract extension and said he could b the co mvp of team along with Sharp.
2/12/08 6:21 PM
Spankenstyne

Sopel has improved immensely on the defensive side of things. Remember Vancouver did have him to finish last season again as well and let him go. He was steady with Vancouver but about as prone to mistakes as he was profficient offensively. Vancouver has a great young D core as well when healthy. Bieksa, Edler, Krajicek, Bourdon with vets like Mitchell, Ohlund, Salo who still have a lotta years left in them. They have a couple of great young D men still in the system as well. Chicago will be a force to be reckoned with in a couple of seasons, so many good young players.
2/12/08 6:34 PM
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's up with Salo....that guy could score 20 goals in a season possibly if healthy, he has an awesome shot, and should be lethal on any Power play, haven't seen much offense from him this year though.
2/12/08 7:46 PM
R-Mon

I'm glad to see Chicago slowly coming out the Wirtz funk. Toews kind of reminds me of a young Yzerman for some reason. **waits for Mark1 to pipe in**
2/12/08 8:54 PM
Big Pete

Kane leads all rookies with 46 points but hes not physicially strong enough for the NHL yes despite his digustingly amazing vision and passing and skill for such a kid. He will be scary once he gest stronger but i think Toews will be a better all around player and leader and what a pass he made to Sharp in that Vancouver game..his first game back from injury. Guys a stud period.
2/15/08 7:09 PM
Spankenstyne

Edited: 15-Feb-08
goeb, Salo has been playing hurt. He's finally getting healthy and has been his old self the last bunch of games. His points re picking up again and he's back to unloading that cannon again finally.
2/15/08 8:41 PM
Mark1

Edited: 15-Feb-08
"Toews kind of reminds me of a young Yzerman for some reason." Haven't seen too much of him to make a real good comparison yet. Too bad, really. Original 6 match-ups would be great for the game. Someone call the NHL and let them know. Mark

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.