UnderGround Forums

MLBGround >> Clemens gets pwned!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/7/08 9:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GaydarBlane
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Feb-08

McNamee must have known Clemens would fuck him in the long run for him to keep all those vials and syringes. If they can link Clemens' DNA to a need from a steroid injection, Roger is going to be fucked. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3233878
2/7/08 10:54 AM
Cousin Eddie

Sounds incriminating, but I would think that a six or seven-year-old syringe is open to a lot of questioning as far as "tainted evidence". If McNamee's submitting it as evidence that Clemens is lying, the burden of proof is on him to show the steroids were in there BEFORE he used it on Clemens, and not after. Right?
2/7/08 11:00 AM
GaydarBlane

Certainly. He could have wiped gauzes with Clemens blood on the needle points as well. However, that is tampering and he'd go to jail if discovered. The ONLY reason why he testified against any of these players (nearly all of whom have corroborated his testimony) is to prevent himself from going to jail. It would make zero sense to start fabricating evidence at this point.
2/7/08 3:04 PM
SecondBase
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" It would make zero sense to start fabricating evidence at this point." I agree, but a good lawyer would have a field day with this evidence as Cousin Eddie already mentioned.
2/8/08 11:24 PM
Cousin Eddie

Edited: 08-Feb-08
It would have made no sense to fabricate anything he's said so far, IMO. From the word "go", he's been faced with jail time if he didn't cooperate. He's got MUCH more to lose by lying than he has to gain. Clemens is kind of the opposite, really. This whole thing is strange. 7-year old bloody gauze, shit, that's like 15 times longer than Lewinsky kept her dress with the presidential baby batter. And just when you thought it couldn't possibly get any more weird: "WASHINGTON (AP) -- It's become a daily routine: A new element of Brian McNamee's "I injected Roger Clemens with steroids and human growth hormone" story emerges -- and Clemens' attorneys call the pitcher's former personal trainer a liar. The latest, and quite possibly oddest, twist involves Clemens' wife. McNamee told congressional investigators he injected Debbie Clemens with HGH -- at the seven-time Cy Young Award winner's direction -- before the couple posed for a 2003 Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition photo shoot, a lawyer familiar with his testimony said Friday." From Yahoo! Sports. Rocket's wife is kind of a MILF, by the way.
2/8/08 11:28 PM
Cousin Eddie

Edited: 08-Feb-08
Banning prevention:
2/9/08 8:44 PM
molsonman
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Feb-08
"It would have made no sense to fabricate anything he's said so far, IMO. From the word "go", he's been faced with jail time if he didn't cooperate" Maybe they have something on McNamee and if he doesn't lie about Clemens they will do something to him. There are only two possibilities. 1. This is a setup by the government and/or McNamee. Clemens is innocent. 2. Clemens is guilty and McNamee is a very creepy person for keeping bloody gauze and syringes for 8 years.
2/11/08 9:13 AM
GaydarBlane

Edited: 11-Feb-08
Or 3. McNamee knew if anything like this went down, he didn't want to be buried by million dollars lawyers that he couldn't afford, so he kept an insurance policy. 4. McNamee was considering bribing Clemens and other clients at a later date, and kept the evidence for that. And there is absolutely no damn reason at all why the Mitchell crew would force somebody to bag a particular player. That sentiment is pretty ridiculous.
2/11/08 11:13 AM
molsonman
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Feb-08 11:31 AM
"And there is absolutely no damn reason at all why the Mitchell crew would force somebody to bag a particular player. That sentiment is pretty ridiculous." Maybe to make a name for themselves. There are already officials involved coming up with OJ "if the glove doesn't fit you must acquit" type slogans. I know it is difficult to consider that Clemens might innocent when you are very jealous of his success. It seems the more successful a person the more people want to see them crash and burn.
2/11/08 11:30 AM
GaydarBlane

Edited: 11-Feb-08 11:39 AM
"Maybe to make a name for themselves. There are already officials involved coming up with OJ "if the glove doesn't fit you must acquit" type slogans." Yes, Former US Senate Majority Leader, George Mitchell, who is a chairman for an international law firm and former chairman of The Walt Disney Company; who was offered a seat of the SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES (and declined it) and was awarded the Liberty Medal needs to make a name for himself by fabricating evidence in a baseball investigation, which could lead to him being thrown in jail, being disbarred, and losing his powerful position in the world... lol @ that! "I know it is difficult to consider that Clemens might innocent when you are very jealous of his success. It seems the more successful a person the more people want to see them crash and burn." You don't see me railing on Petite or Giambi here, do you? No. They took it like men and at least admitted it to some extent. I only root against the pompous ass-clowns that get caught and try to get away with it like Bonds and Clemens. No jealousy at all. I was a fan of his career until this came out.
2/12/08 6:55 AM
HuntingtonPUNK

Edited: 12-Feb-08
Bud Selig doesnt stand behind his players and this is the problem, baseball turning their backs on the players. Guilty until proven innocent
2/12/08 8:21 AM
GaydarBlane

Bud Selig's responsibility is to the business of major league baseball. It's the PA's job to stand behind players regardless of the circumstances. Just like Goddell and Pac-man, Vick, etc.
2/12/08 3:21 PM
molsonman

Edited: 12-Feb-08 03:35 PM
Mitchell who? I'm willing to bet many people had never heard of the guy until the Mitchell report came out. Mitchell is not the only one involved in this. It just doesn't seem plausible that McNamee would keep bloody gauze and syringes for 8 years, especially when roids were not such an issue back then. The guy used to get invited to Clemens home for dinner.
2/12/08 3:48 PM
GaydarBlane

Edited: 12-Feb-08 03:53 PM
"Mitchell who? I'm willing to bet many people had never heard of the guy until the Mitchell report came out. Mitchell is not the only one involved in this" Yes. He has a lot to gain by becoming known to the mouth breathers that only pay attention to sports. Moreso than all he's gained from his time as a US Senator (and Senate majority leader), his career as a federal judge prompting an offer from President Clinton to put him in the Supreme Court, his time as chairman of the Walt Disney Company, his time as chairman of an international law firm, etc etc. By extending his sphere of influence and fame into the average sports fan, he gives himself huge benefits past being connected to presidents, Congress, and high powered businessmen and lawyers. Good call! He may as well risk jail time, disbarment, and disgrace for that! Very plausible... Are you inferring he probably wouldn't fact check claims in the report that is tied to his name that he is ultimately responsible for. That is doubly true when considering the caliber of player Clemens is... That seems "plausible" to you? "It just doesn't seem plausible that McNamee would keep bloody gauze and syringes for 8 years, especially when roids were not such an issue back then. The guy used to get invited to Clemens home for dinner." And you have personal, first hand knowledge of their relationship? I'm assuming not.
2/12/08 8:47 PM
Cousin Eddie

"Maybe to make a name for themselves. There are already officials involved coming up with OJ "if the glove doesn't fit you must acquit" type slogans." If we're questioning the integrity of the people involved in this, I would like to point out that George Mitchell is probably among the most credible men in America. The idea that a guy like him came up with some sinister conspiracy to put poor old innocent Roger Clemens in the hot seat is, to put it nicely, fucking insane. "I know it is difficult to consider that Clemens might innocent when you are very jealous of his success. It seems the more successful a person the more people want to see them crash and burn." If you want to compare no-shit, real-world success, and use a barometer other than strikeouts, ERA or millions of dollars earned playing baseball, George Mitchell owns Roger Clemens, and the vast majority of American citizens at this time or any other, every day of the week. PS--What is with Clemens's hick lawyer? This loudmouth has either a dead possum stapled to his head, or the world's worst toupee.....
2/12/08 9:40 PM
molsonman

Edited: 12-Feb-08 09:49 PM
"And you have personal, first hand knowledge of their relationship? I'm assuming not. " The issue has been discussed on ESPN radio. Clemens used to have McNamee over for dinner and even helped him out during tough times.
2/12/08 9:42 PM
molsonman

Edited: 12-Feb-08 09:53 PM
"If you want to compare no-shit, real-world success, and use a barometer other than strikeouts, ERA or millions of dollars earned playing baseball, George Mitchell owns Roger Clemens, and the vast majority of American citizens at this time or any other, every day of the week." So earning millions of dollars to play a game is not success? lol I guess the person working the walmart cash register is more successful because she works a "real-world, no-shit" job? lol
2/12/08 10:05 PM
Cousin Eddie

No, I'm saying that anybody who claims that Roger Clemens has achieved more success in his life than George Mitchell simply because he made millions of dollars to play a game is a moron. Mitchell's successes have actually affected the lives of people other than his family and a few friends here and there.
2/12/08 11:02 PM
Cousin Eddie

"I guess the person working the walmart cash register is more successful because she works a "real-world, no-shit" job? lol" If the old geezer handing out shopping carts was largely responsible for getting the Good Friday Agreement signed in 1998 and brought peace to Northern Ireland after centuries of fighting between Catholics and Protestants (you know, like George Mitchell did), that would probably be more impressive than 4000 strikeouts. But that's just me.
2/13/08 11:48 AM
Cousin Eddie

Edited: 13-Feb-08
I can't imagine that anybody watching this is convinced Clemens isn't perjuring himself right now. I'm not sure that I've seen anybody appear less innocent, other than Mark McGwire.
2/13/08 2:42 PM
GaydarBlane

"getting the Good Friday Agreement signed in 1998 and brought peace to Northern Ireland after centuries of fighting between Catholics and Protestants (you know, like George Mitchell did), that would probably be more impressive than 4000 strikeouts." lol! And yes, I can't believe Clemens is following through with this. He injected Petite... Petite agrees. He injected Knoblauch... Chuck agrees. He injected Clemens' wife!... She agrees. But, he is lieing about poor, old Roger for now reason. Sounds plausible.
2/13/08 10:34 PM
molsonman

"But, he is lieing about poor, old Roger for now reason. Sounds plausible. " McNamee was caught contradicting his story multiple times today. He didn't look like a very reliable witness.
2/13/08 10:40 PM
molsonman

George Mitchell isn't a representation of the vast majority of Americans that you claim are more successful than Roger Clemens. I don't see them making enough money to drive top of the line cars or live in expensive houses. To top it off Clemens only had to actually work once every 5th or 6th game. He had it made.
2/14/08 9:17 AM
GaydarBlane

Edited: 14-Feb-08
"McNamee was caught contradicting his story multiple times today. He didn't look like a very reliable witness." Just about 90% of people voting on cnn's Si poll and ESPN's poll believe McNamee sounded more reliable than Clemens. Guess you are in the VOCAL minority. ha But I know you're trolling now. Bravo. You got me. I hope your trolling at least and not so incredibly stupid as your posts let on.
2/27/08 1:05 PM
GaydarBlane

Edited: 27-Feb-08
So now that Clemens is going to get raped on that BBQ thing, what's the deal? Good thing he softened his story near the end after repeating over and over that we was never there to "well maybe I dropped Deb off". Ha! What a moron.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.