UnderGround Forums

ConspiracyGround >> Ghost, Taps ect...

2/17/08 1:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BasRuttenIsGod
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Feb-08

i'm a fan of these shows on tv. but untill i see somthing in person i'm not impressed. remember everything is on tv
2/17/08 11:23 AM
scourge
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Feb-08
feel the same way
2/18/08 10:13 AM
mallet
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Feb-08
Ghosthunters has some pretty good evidence
2/20/08 8:14 AM
mallet
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Feb-08
well as evidence goes to prove the existence of ghosts,.... it does!!!
2/21/08 1:31 PM
khd29

Edited: 21-Feb-08
Why would a Ghosthunters Intl ask questions in English in Germany, Romania, etc.?
2/21/08 6:15 PM
scourge
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Feb-08
^the irish dude does ask in different languages. He knows a bunch
2/24/08 4:10 AM
ECWCock

Edited: 24-Feb-08
^^^those are demons.
2/24/08 6:31 AM
mini monst
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Feb-08
^^^ not sure if ECWCock is joking or not, the bible says something about the divide between the living and the dead being too great to cross, some interpret this to mean that the dead can't come back and that 'ghosts' are the devil playing a trick on you. "Ghosthunters has some pretty good evidence " Any episode in particular? Watching shows like ghosthunters/TAPS make me even more skeptical about ghosts than I already am. They go to all these 'haunted' places and get no evidence of anything 99.9% of the time. When they do find some thing interesting, instead of investigating it in greater depth they pack up and leave straight away.
2/25/08 1:18 PM
khd29

Edited: 25-Feb-08
Most Haunted had some corny psychic who seem to be always "posessed". TAPS has that over eager guy that I thought was fired by the 2 head guys.
2/29/08 11:25 AM
mallet

Edited: 29-Feb-08
Most Haunted is terrible
3/3/08 3:11 PM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Mar-08
I find it interesting,but i've never seen one yet.
3/6/08 1:11 PM
khd29

Edited: 06-Mar-08
I was watching Ghost Hunters episode last night and they caught an heat signature(?) of a human figure on the infa-red camera. First, the 2 were looking at an heat impression on a bench but when the camera panned across, there was a figure of a person (red and yellow in the camera). Found that odd. I know nothing about the paranormal but why would a ghost emit heat?
3/7/08 10:27 PM
sourcheese
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-08
Ive always thought of ghosts like this. Not a sentient being but more like an emotional presence. If I sit in a chair for 5 hours and leave, then you sit in that chair, you will feel my heat.. my residual presence. I think that if a person stayed in an area long enough, or an emotionaly traumatic event occured... that it leaves an imprint in that area. Thats all that I think ghosts are.
3/10/08 7:30 AM
Seul
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Mar-08
I read somewhere that most of the time, if someone sets up a study to disprove psychic phenomenon, they succeed. Likewise if you start out to prove it's real.... It seems that in general, most people have already decided whether or not they are open to believing in this sort of thing, and whatever they see, it will somehow confirm their existing beliefs.
3/17/08 4:06 PM
RamK
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Mar-08
How would they disprove?
3/18/08 8:44 AM
mallet

Edited: 18-Mar-08
ttt
3/18/08 8:12 PM
Seul
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Mar-08
They can find the results of their experiment inconclusive, too circumstantial or inconsistent, or too vague to be declared proof of the paranormal. How does someone prove it is real is, imo, more relevant (as "not believing" may be considered the default position for many peole). My point is that short of irrefutable, re-producable, scientifical proof one way OR the other, it is possible for both groups to take the same (oftentimes vague) result as "proof" to validate their way of thinking. It's a very hard thing to prove in a scientific sense.
5/7/08 1:18 AM
ThomasBJJ
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Watching shows like ghosthunters/TAPS make me even more skeptical about ghosts than I already am. They go to all these 'haunted' places and get no evidence of anything 99.9% of the time. When they do find some thing interesting, instead of investigating it in greater depth they pack up and leave straight away."

EXACTLY. I'm a big fan of the show since it first started, but with each episode, a creeping suspicion that something is not quite right going on. It's also a conflict of interest, if they find nothing, not much of a show. Lots of pressure to come up with something I'm sure.

Also, do some research on TAPS and their evidence on the net. They are very shady & secretive. Some of the evidence from the shows has been proven (yes, proven) to be false or manipulated, yet when questioned specifically about these things, TAPS will not respond.

I'll give you an example... one episode, they were at the site of the Manson murders. They asked the ghost to lower the room temperature to a specific degree, and miraculously the temp slowly dropped to exactly that degree, then rose back up to normal. They showed the screen of the Thermal imaging camera to show the temperature climbing and dropping. Unfortunately for them, the time stamp was visable in all the Thermal camera shots. The footage they showed at the end of the show, with the temp slowly dropping, had the same time stamp as previously shown footage earlier in the episode, with a different temp reading. Further examination shows that in post-production, the temp numbers were altered. The shape of the numbers are sloppy, and you can see some poor "photoshop" work underneath.

After this was brought to TAPS attention, they said they would "look into it", never to mention it again. New episodes using the Thermal imaging camera have the time stamp turned off.

There's plenty more like this, a quick google search will reveal.
9/4/08 3:02 PM
hotshot123
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have become a fan of this show because my wife is all about that shit. a rerun last night was interesting. it was the one where grant was sleeping in the place and that picture frame spun around..

we took the entire family to st augustine fl. on vacation this year because of this show. my wife and daughter just had to go to that lighthouse...honestly tho, we went to the old spanish fort while there and it kinda had a creepy feeling. i felt nothing creepy about the lighthouse
9/11/08 6:43 PM
Midleah

I've been a GH fan for years, and enjoy Paranormal State as well.

Whether or not I 'believe'..well, anything's possible.
10/18/08 6:32 PM
Ryan Wood
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is there anywhere to watch some of these ghost shows online?
10/19/08 12:14 PM
Midleah

http://www.scifi.com/rewind/?sid=32855
10/19/08 5:57 PM
Ryan Wood
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome, thank you
10/21/08 8:46 AM
mallet

Cheers Midleah
10/23/08 11:45 PM
Ryan Wood

I look at it as entertainment, nothing more.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.