UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> Who will McCain invade next?

2/19/08 10:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FairPlay4Cuba
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Feb-08 10:07 PM

As many of you know, McCain has already promised several times that there will be more wars if he is elected. Who will these wars be against? I'm so sick of vague promises and empty rhetoric from politicians. Don't just tell me there will be more wars, tell me who we will go to war against so I can start hating them now! I want to have a good fury worked up by the time we invade [insert third world country here]. My patriotism demands it. Senator McCain, please be more specific! If he doesn't start naming countries, I will be tempted to write him off as an empty suit with no real platform.
2/19/08 10:34 PM
FairPlay4Cuba

Edited: 19-Feb-08
TTMFT
2/19/08 10:39 PM
Bones
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meh.  It doesn't take a genius to realize North Vietnam is in for some nuking after he wins.

2/19/08 11:54 PM
FairPlay4Cuba

Maybe he wants to liberate north korea? That would be a good way to prove that he isn't a Manchurian candidate but North Korea wouldn't be a pushover, so that's out
2/19/08 11:56 PM
bigwilly

"already promised several times that there will be more wars if he is elected" Really, How about a "SOURCE"
2/20/08 12:03 AM
FairPlay4Cuba

Edited: 20-Feb-08
"Really, How about a "SOURCE" " http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1fb_1201540586
2/20/08 12:07 AM
FairPlay4Cuba

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/video/75421/ During the coverage of this evening's Florida primary results, MSNBC's Joe Scarborough discussed the impact of John McCain's victory with Pat Buchanan. The Republican establishment will rally around McCain and say "he's the guy," Buchanan said, but he cautioned that McCain's vision for America was foreboding. "What does he say? The jobs are never coming back, the illegals are never going home, but we're gonna have a lot more wars," Buchanan said of McCain. Scarborough remarked that McCain's "inviting" presidential platform for the fall consists of "less jobs and more wars": BUCHANAN: Here's a guy, basically, what does he say? The jobs are never coming back, the illegals are never going home, but we're gonna have a lot more wars. SCARBOROUGH: We're gonna start a lot of wars! He has promised, for the record Keith, John McCain's platform -- and it certainly looks inviting for the fall -- he has promised less jobs and more wars. Now that's something we can all rally behind. While campaigning in Michigan earlier this month, McCain said some Michigan industries cannot be resurrected. "I've got to give you some straight talk: Some of the jobs that have left the state of Michigan are not coming back," he said. And just this weekend, McCain told a crowd of supporters, "There's going to be other wars. ... I'm sorry to tell you, there's going to be other wars. We will never surrender but there will be other wars." UPDATE: Matthew Yglesias writes, "Oddly, though, McCain keeps picking up the votes of Republican primary voters disgruntled with the Iraq War despite being, in reality, the candidate most fanatically devoted to the cause."
2/20/08 12:08 AM
bigwilly

Edited: 20-Feb-08 12:15 AM
i watched the video, his quote was "there will be other wars" he didn't say if i'm elected, or i will start other wars if i'm president, he is stating the obvious (edit for sp due to jim beam)
2/20/08 12:10 AM
FairPlay4Cuba

What other wars is he talking about? The zulus and the hutsis? He is obviously saying we will be fighting other wars, but he hasn't told us against whom. I need to know so I can start pumping myself up.
2/20/08 12:15 AM
bigwilly

your first post infers there will be wars started by McCain, promised if elected, you intentionally are misleading, his statement was their will be more wars in this fight against islamic terrorism, i agree with that statement,
2/20/08 12:17 AM
FairPlay4Cuba

so you agree that he is saying we will fight more wars if he is elected and you agree with that position why are you nitpicking at semantics? you should be stocking up on flag decals
2/20/08 12:19 AM
bigwilly

there will be more wars whether or not McCain is President, who ever is elected President, dem or rep will defend this country, the people will demand it,
2/20/08 12:24 AM
FairPlay4Cuba

How does he know there wil be more wars? What basis does he have for saying that? He is either prophesying that someone will attack us, requiring us to invade another country, or he is just going to preemptively invade another country to save us from people shredders, WMD's, mushroom clouds, etc. How are you so certain there will be other wars? By saying "other", you mean apart from the general "war on terror" we are fighting now, apart from Iraq, Afghanistan, so who will we be fighting? And what reason will there be for fighting? Saying "we's fightin' terra" isn't going to cut it. I need specifics.
3/30/08 8:12 PM
2jujit2quit

Edited: 30-Mar-08
IRAN Here comes the draft!
4/3/08 10:53 AM
attjack

Edited: Apr 3 2008 12:00A
old folks home
4/6/08 5:44 AM
JohnMc

Edited: Apr 6 2008 12:00A
Nuke every raghead country and get it overwith.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.