UnderGround Forums

GirlGround >> Serious question about fighting

2/20/08 5:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Downtown
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Feb-08

OK girls, I'm sorry, ladies, I have a question and would like serious answers please. How do you ladies feel about guys that fight? Not necessarily in a cage or ring, but on the street. Does this make you feel secure that you are with someone tough or do you find it barbaric and obnoxious. I'm sure there is a happy medium but where is that?

2/20/08 5:17 PM
cthlcschlgrl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Annoyed.
2/20/08 6:30 PM
Downtown
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You are giving bitches a bad name.
2/20/08 6:37 PM
Chesty LaRue

I don't like guys that fight on the street.  My bf's brother got his jaw broken in a display of drunken idiocy and it's things like that that make me cringe at the thought of it.
2/20/08 6:39 PM
Downtown

But does it make you feel secure that he could protect you if he needed to?
2/20/08 6:41 PM
Chesty LaRue

I guess... I very rarely put myself in the kind of situation where I would need his protection.

Also, he's 6'3, people don't just pick fights with him

2/20/08 6:57 PM
Downtown

Do you think less of a guy if he seems to be more on the timid side? I'm not talking about a total pussy, but non-confrontational? For instance, if you were at a concert and you were waiting in line for a really long time for a beer and a guy just walks up and cuts in front of everyone. Would you want your guy to say something or just let it go? (This actually happened to me, that's why I ask). Tell me you answer and I'll you what I did.
2/20/08 6:58 PM
ArmbarCity
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the line is "asshole who provokes" vs. "can handle a situation if need be" I have no problem with fighting if and when it's warranted. If you're a douche who picks fights or who can't handle a situation WITHOUT fighting, then we're not going to be hanging out very long anyway. However, I'm not interested in dating pussies, bottom line.
2/20/08 7:02 PM
ArmbarCity
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cutting for beer is annoying. I think in that situation, a funny comment might go over better than "WTF bro?!" However, I recently had 2 female friends attend a concert and 2 frat guys over 6' tall cut in front of them, blocking their view completely. My friends were polite at first, then they were like "wtf?!" One of the frat guys opened the back of my friend's hoodie and poured his beer down the back. If I had been there, I would've punched him in the dick.
2/20/08 7:22 PM
Downtown

A dick punch sounds appropriate in that situation.

In the line cutting situation, I said "excuse me sir, there is a line and we've been waiting a long time.". He said "Fuck you! I'll just be a minute." Everyone in line looked at me like "are you seriously going to take that shit?"

So I stepped toward him and my wife grabbed my arm. I got in his face and said "my wife just saved your ass. You owe her a Thank you". The guy gave the drink lady a $20 and said "pay for their drinks" and scurried away. People in line cheered for me and taunted him when he left.

Did I show the proper amount of non-pussy?

2/21/08 9:55 AM
Downtown

Edited: 21-Feb-08
ttt
2/21/08 2:04 PM
Chesty LaRue

Your amount of non-pussy seemed appropriate, but I don't think getting in a real fight because someone cuts in line is appropriate.  That's when you use your wits to defeat him.
2/21/08 5:56 PM
ArmbarCity

Agreed with Chesty.
2/21/08 7:39 PM
cakegirl
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I much much prefer guys that fight in the ring or in an academy than those who fight in the street. Most of the time, "street" fighting indicates that the guy either can't control himself (and provokes fights), or is putting himself into stupid situations and then getting fights started with him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.