UnderGround Forums

GirlGround >> Want to get off pill...

2/20/08 11:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PersianKitty
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Feb-08

I was thinking about an IUD... What kind of birth control is your favorite?

2/20/08 11:08 PM
Mr McFeely
1005 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i chopped my balls off years ago.  google bme pain olympics to see the video.
2/20/08 11:09 PM
Breezah
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't been on birth control for years because I haven't been sexually active, but I think the Nuva Ring is the best thing. No periods (unless you want to have one) and unless you're sleeping with tons of men, you don't have to worry about diseases.
2/20/08 11:09 PM
PersianKitty

I wish I could be abstinant, although i think when i move to canada with my family, i will be for years... till i find my hubby of course.

2/20/08 11:12 PM
PersianKitty

I have a B/F, but things are always so rocky with us that I don't think it's worth for me to put all those hormones in my body. I was thinking to just use condoms, but I am not sure I could pull that off every single time..
2/20/08 11:25 PM
Chesty LaRue

I am on tri-cyclen Lo, because my body is very sensitive to all those hormones, and I think my prescription is up in April... I am going to talk to my doc about the NuvaRing
2/21/08 12:12 AM
Xtina

Edited: 21-Feb-08
did the pill thing for years. worked fine, even helped my skin. little weight gain. tried the depo shot - big mood swings, daily spotting, wrecked my skin, gained weight. big no on that one for me. went on iud because it's low/no maintenance, cheaper, and lasts 5 years. i will say that it hurt like HELL putting it in, and i was achy for the next few days. they only recommend it for people who've already had kids, but i figured i'm ok with pain so i did it anyway. they weren't kidding - i cried for a solid 10 minutes. it's been great since though, but i now have to have it removed (after less than a year) because of an unrelated illness. kind of sucks. supposedly it makes most women get a bit of a heaview flow during their period, but it wasn't a problem for me. fortunately, i've realized i don't have to worry about getting any, and that birth control was all a big waste of time and effort. so after i get this thing yanked, i'm back to au naturale.
2/21/08 12:14 AM
Chesty LaRue

Depo is supposed to be very bad for you anyway.
2/21/08 12:15 AM
PersianKitty

Do you think it had anything to do with the IUD? I think I will get off the pill and do the pull out method.. haha.
2/21/08 12:48 AM
Xtina

did what have to do with the iud?
2/21/08 1:25 PM
Stasis

Not a girl here, but man the IUD is great. My wife has it; it was a little painful going in, a bit of spotting for a day or 2 but after a couple days she was fine. I very rarely can feel it during sex, normally only when im going as deep as we possibly can. If you are with a consistent partner(s) and your only worry is pregnancy then I would 100% reccomend it. She had the NuvaRing for a while but it made her a bit moody, and even though they say you cant...I could feel it most everytime we had sex. + you have to get a new one each month. The IUD is a little expensive (I think 600$ without insurance) but lasts 5-6 years. After you get it 'installed' you have to checkup about a month later and hers wasnt sitting quite right so she had to get it replaced, but other than that its been great. Its not foolproof im sure but its the highest rated contraceptive out there. Its like 99.999% or something. I know there are exceptions but I finish inside of her every time and it has been smooth sailing for 3 years. I have heard though that when you get the IUD out it can take up to a year to get pregnant if you are trying. Just keep that in mind, I dont know how that ranks up with the other types of BC. PK: id advise against the pull and pray. I guess we didnt pray hard enough and we got a little kiddo out of it, shes the bomb and I am totally glad to have her, but its not super effective :p
2/21/08 2:21 PM
Tom Cruise

IUD is good

Ive been firing em off in my wife most days for 7 years now. No new kids.

2/21/08 2:35 PM
Stasis

^ I think most men prefer the IUD for that reason alone And because most women feel more comfortable knowning they arent going to get pregnant with the IUD where the others arent as good of % chance to stop pregnancy.
2/21/08 6:15 PM
ArmbarCity
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Au naturale. Condoms when necessary. Fuck any and all of the options above. Even though they claim IUD's can't get embedded anymore, I wouldn't count on it. I can't take hormones of any kind, so... I'm just shit out of luck, lol.
2/21/08 6:21 PM
Chesty LaRue

How come, ABC?  I hate the pill, but I have known probably 4 people who got knocked up using the "pull out" method, so I take it anyway.

Also, my bf said three moms in his family have had IUDs
2/21/08 6:28 PM
ArmbarCity
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to take the pill with no problems, then one day it just became problematic. I will not have a normal period if I take any brand or dosage of the pill. It sucks. I just have to use condoms, which I hate. The last serious relationship I was in, I didn't care if I got pregnant. We both had clean paperwork, so we just pulled and prayed. I'm fairly in tune with my body, so I know exactly when I'm ovulating, even which ovary I'm ovulating from, so we never got pregnant.
2/21/08 6:31 PM
Chesty LaRue

I see
2/21/08 6:47 PM
PersianKitty

I am getting off the pill.. I can't imagine it's good for your body to have all those hormones put into it.. I am not even really getting laid all that much either, so it's just a hassel. Pull out it is.. My BF is a major stoner, doesn't that effect? Or if I got preg, we would just have dumb kids?

2/21/08 7:32 PM
cakegirl
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I fell pregnant while using condoms (yes, used them every time, and none split that we noticed). I now have an IUD, and was under a general anaesthetic (for something unrelated) when they put it in, so no pain either! The IUD is called mirena. It's progesterone-only, and apparently does not cause heavier flow like the old IUDs did. In fact, some people on it have no period at all!
2/21/08 11:10 PM
Xtina

that's the one i have - mirena. and let me tell you, i had no anaesthetic, and it HURT LIKE HELL. you suck. >:( i blame you, cakegirl!
2/22/08 12:01 AM
CavemanDave
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Feb-08

I had a female friend who went off birth control after years of being on it, claiming she hadn't had sex in over a year, so it wasn't needed.

She  immediately changed her level of sexual desire after it however, and went back on the pill after a missed period and fear of pregnancy.  She is now married with a child and claimed that the pill heavily fucked with her desire for sex, skewing her whole viewpoint on relationships in the process.  She swears it's unnatural for women to take the pill and they would be happier people without (minus the constant fear of pregnancy).

Have any other women had similar experiences with birth control?

2/22/08 12:05 AM
CavemanDave
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My BF is a major stoner, doesn't that effect?

no.

Weed has no effect on that.  That's a fucking myth and you are just as likely to get pregnant by a weed-smoker as a non-weed smoker.

2/22/08 12:12 AM
Xtina

the pill had no noticeable effect on my sex drive. depo shot killed it, though.
2/22/08 12:12 AM
Chesty LaRue

CavemanDave, I've found my desire has gone WAAAYYYYYYY down too
2/22/08 12:27 AM
PersianKitty

But will the kids not be as smart?

I am on Yasmin.. This one has not changed my sex drive at all. I am horny as ever.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.