UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Gluchosomine Chondroiten?

2/21/08 12:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
karasu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Feb-08

have their been any conclusive studies proving that this stuff works? Is it necessary to take the 3 pills 3 times daily or would 1 or two pills a day be sufficient to get the benefit?
2/21/08 12:48 PM
Bolo

Edited: 21-Feb-08
I have heard (not seen them myself) of some experiments with that which seem to have been successful, but I also think you can find a lot of studies that show it doesn't make much difference. Personally, I'm not a believer in any supplements. I feel that if you feel the need to take a supplement, then you need to look at what is missing in your regular diet. In addition, from my personal experience, I feel that supplements don't work for joint pains because what is often wrong is in the structure of the body and supplements can't change that structure.
3/9/08 1:05 AM
PrinceAlbert

Edited: 09-Mar-08
I noticed a huge change re. pain after about 1 month, they have been working for me. BTW, I use a liquid form 1 time each day with meal.
3/9/08 11:09 PM
gordinho

Edited: 09-Mar-08
which liquid princealbert?
3/10/08 12:42 AM
PrinceAlbert

Edited: 10-Mar-08
I use Vitamin World brand, I started out with the pills but they are huge and coat my tongue.
3/24/08 12:51 AM
bradl

Edited: 24-Mar-08
Apparently many of the glucosamine products, and other " herbal items " which are not regulated by gov't regulations, vary in strength from what they actually advertise. They may advertise 1500 mg of the product, but could be 500 mg.....who knows. I use the GLC product, which is pharmaceutical grade, and more regulate that way. I have no complaints with this product at all !!!
3/24/08 11:16 AM
stampy

Edited: 24-Mar-08
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/patient-glucosamine.html Stampy
6/9/08 12:42 PM
HELWIG
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No study Im aware of conclusively shows it works.

That being said Ive been using it for years and find it well worth the price.

6/12/08 2:32 PM
pfsjkd
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think I saw a paper on pubmed that said the best it seemed to do was act as a mild anti-inflammatory.

7/21/08 10:47 PM
JKDconcepts

I've been using it for years. When i first started, i used to be in extreme pain when i tried bending down onto one knee. I have been diagnosed with osteo-arthritis. After taking glucosamine and chrondroitin for a couple months,i was 90% better. I use a liquid version of this that i bought at costco. It is a blend of glucosamine/chondroitin/msm. Your body absorbs the liquid version best. Being a fairly unregulated industry, some pill versions are made cheaply/poorly and don't break down properly in your body, and you end up kicking it outa your body,,well..in the end! hahah
Now, if your problem is the osteo-arthritis, you should alter your training regiment. I now avoid kicking the heavy bag with my one arthritic knee. The kicking aggravates it and inflames the knee.If you alter your workout to isolate and work around the problem, whatever your individual problem might be, eventually the nagging pains will go away and you will forget you ever had a problem.
8/4/08 5:22 PM
Stu Needlehammer
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never worked for me

just a placebo imo
8/9/08 10:04 AM
Rasslin Coach

I've go two bad knees and arthritis in my shoulder. Been using G & C for years and I believe it helps. I only take two pills a day as opposed to the four pills.
12/23/08 7:45 AM
JRob7

I drink 1 can a day of joint juice wich contains 1500mg of glucosamine and after a month or so I noticed a difference. I recomend it and its fairly cheap if you buy it at cosco. It comes out to be about a dollar a can.....
1/27/09 5:16 PM
Knux

utrition joint repair is fucking awesome. It was less than a week befire I noticed an improvement in my knees.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.