Roy Harris >> February 2008 Update...
|Add To Favorites | Share | Email | Subscribe | Edit Thread Title | Admin | Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs|
|2/21/08 1:30 PM|
Member Since: 01/01/2001
This is just a short Feb 08 update:
I. Congratulations to Mr. John Le and Mr. Jay Raagas for taking and passing the Brown Belt Examination in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Both of these gentleman performed extremely well on their two and a half hour examination!
II. Congratulations to Mr. Anthony Libo-on for taking and passing the Purple Belt Examination in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He did very well on his test!
III. Dr. Mark Cheng recently finished filming for a new set of instructional DVDs on the application of Kettlebell training for martial arts. When this new series hits the market, it will help people to understand how kettlebell training DIRECTLY applies to martial arts training! I look forward to getting my hands on a copy of them.
IV. The Winter BJJ Camp scheduled to begin next week is full. I cannot allow anyone else to attend because the mats will be full with twenty eight people. However, because so many people have recently requested to attend but were unable to attend, I am going to consider scheduling a second Winter BJJ Camp on the following weekend, Saturday and Sunday, March 8 (9am to 1pm) and March 9 (9am to 1pm). This camp will focus on the very same topic (Escaping from the Side Mount AT WILL). The cost would be $120.
If you would be interested in attending this event, let me know (email@example.com) by Saturday, February 23. I will make my decision to have this second camp this weekend.
V. My seminar schedule for the next couple of months is packed. Here's a glimpse:
1. Feb 29 - Mar 2: Winter BJJ Camp in San Diego, CA.
2. Mar 8-9: Winter BJJ Camp in San Diego, CA.
3. Mar 14-16: BJJ Seminar in Lethbridge, AB, Canada.
4. Mar 22-23: BJJ Seminar in Goteborg, Sweden.
5. Mar 29: Smashey Guard Pass Seminar Reviewed and Continued in San Diego, CA.
6. April 5-9: Apprentice and Associate Grappling Instructor Courses in Middletown, CT.
7. April 12-13: BJJ Seminar in Erie, PA.
8. April 19-20: BJJ, JKD & Kalis Ilustrisimo Seminar in Chicago, IL.
9. April 26-27: BJJ private training in Tucson, AZ.
10. May 2-4: Spring BJJ Camp in San Diego (focus will be the defensive and offensive guards).
11. May 17-21: JKD Phase 2 instructor course in San Diego, CA.
12. May 24: BJJ Seminar in Calgary, AB, Canada.
13. May 25-29: BJJ private trainings in Kaunas, Lithuania.
14. May 30-June 1: BJJ private trainings in Obertshausen, Germany.
VI. This weekend, I will be adding several "Word" documents (15+ pages of information), a ton of pictures and even some video to the Harris Academy Student's Forum. If you are currently enrolled at the Harris Academy, you will not want to miss out on this additional resource. Get the password at the academy.
VII. Here are some recent threads I thought you might be interested in:
Thank you for your time,
You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.