UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> GI vs. JOE's EVENT

2/24/08 6:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jeff Yurk
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Feb-08 11:59 PM
Fort Bragg Combat MMA

I just wanted to send a brief message to all those involved with the GI vs. JOE'S event that was filmed this last Friday in St. Louis. It should stream in Iraq and Afghanistan in the next month.

We had 14 fighters from all around the Army, many of which were making MMA debuts on this card. We had a great group of guys training hard all week and I could not have been more happy with the effort. I am very proud to have been a part of the event and I am proud of all the fighters.

The Army Team represented themselves, the Army and their Units very well, with perfect sportsmanship, win or lose. We also ended with a 155lb Title Belt (Kwast), a fight of the night (Long), and fastest submission (Gulick).

All in all we took home 6 wins and 8 losses against a tough group of fighters representing some of the top schools in the Mid-West. Congrats again to everyone.

Jeff

The team was as follows:

Jeff Yurk and Carpaccio Owens (Coaches) - Bragg

Tom Walker and Eric Guzman (Corners) - Jackson

SGT Jason Kwast - Bragg

SGT James Tomko - Bragg

MAJ Rob Pickel - Bragg

SSG Brad Richardson - Bragg

SFC Tim Charpenter - Bragg

MSG John Long - Campbell

SFC Danny Chavez - Hood

SFC Rafie Gonzalez - Gordon

SFC Doug Elliott - Gordon

SSG Anthony Wikstrom -  Jackson

1LT Joe Proctor - Indiana NG

CPT Andrew Heymann - Benning (ICCC)

SSG Marcos Gutierrez - Leonardwood

SPC Logan Gulick - Lewis

2/24/08 9:38 PM
DrillSergeant"C"
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Feb-08
Congrats to all for stepping up to fight. True Warrior Spirit... Good to see that Logan is back in the Army. He was getting out the last time I had the chance to train with him.
2/24/08 10:04 PM
Jeff Yurk
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fort Bragg Combat MMA

Logan is a good guy and did a great job in his very short fight. He is also heading to Bragg early this summer.

2/24/08 11:36 PM
rafie

Jeff Thanks Brother! I hope me do it again... Training start Monday after couple of rum and cokes... Love rafie !
3/12/08 10:29 AM
TerribleTed

Edited: 12-Mar-08
From what I hear Logan won in about 30 seconds, is his whole match on their? (It's blocked at work, have to look when I get home)
3/14/08 5:53 AM
Jay-dog

Edited: 14-Mar-08
Awesome to hear! I look forward to watching it. I will have to keep an eye out for it on AFN.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.