UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Insurance Claim Question?

2/27/08 11:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lurken
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Feb-08

So my vehicle got pounded in a hail storm. State Farm comes out and does there deal. They do the estimate using PDR ( Paintless dent repair). I would prefer traditional body work. New panels and new paint etc.... Much more expensive. I ask state farm to redo the estimate using traditional bodywork methods. they say fuck off , we are only paying for PDR. We argue and they are like broken fuckin records, PDR has come along way blah blah... I found a place that does not do PDR. AHA , I think I have them over a barrel because in Texas you are entitled to the shop of your choice. I ask them to pay for the trad body work and they say take it somewhere else. I say thats illegal pal, I'm having it done here ( they are excellent, high end shop ). they then say we will only pay x amount, you have to pay everything over what we will pay for PDR. The difference will be about 5 thousand. So!! Is there a way I can force their hand. Are there any magic words. Are there lawyers who just handle claims? Is there a way to escalate ( get their attention ) without an attorney? Would filing a complaint with the state insurance board help me? My present course is to have my vehicle looked at by THE shop and have them submit a "supplement" to state farm for the cost associated with "traditional bodywork" and see what happens. Any words of wisdom are welcome.
2/27/08 2:25 PM
Lurken

come on lawdogs, help a wiggah out!
2/27/08 4:50 PM
Cookie Monster
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

law don't go 'round here lawdog
2/28/08 11:37 AM
Steve72
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Feb-08
Depends on the contract. Regardless of your right to choose the repair shop, they may have limited their exposure to a particular service.
3/3/08 9:45 AM
Lurken

Edited: 03-Mar-08
I am going to win this one. Just read the policy. I have the right to choose shop and parts used. Parts include paint. State farm gonna eat this one. I took truck to shop. They were laughing their ass off. My hood is just fuckin trashed. they said there is now way paintless can retsore it bacl 100%. State Farm! I own your asses!!!
3/3/08 10:39 AM
StephenL

may be the last claim you make with them. check out how making this claim may or may not affect your premiums for the next company. stephen
3/3/08 1:23 PM
Lurken

I am guaranteed no drop for life thru state farm. 20 plus years. Also acts of god incidents ( hail , storms etc...) cannot be held against you. Fuck State farm, I mean that, with all my heart. had one wreck in 2o years, they jacked my auto rate up. Also My storage warehouse was burgled along with about 4o others ( confirmed poleece reports). they threatened to drop my off site theft coverage. fuck them in their filthy stinkstars.
3/4/08 10:00 AM
StephenL

Edited: 04-Mar-08
it's good to jump around to different companies anyway. every december, and at the end of my policies, i shop around for a better price on every contract. stephen
3/4/08 12:31 PM
Lurken

Edited: 04-Mar-08
yeah my wife has had nothing but ass kissing service from USAA. As in they kiss her ass. good service! I will hop over after I fuck State Farm in their filthy shitholes for all new paint. sick of their shit. I have stayed with them for convenience only. A quick phone call gets me a new policy. Claims with them is like war. They are like a fuckin cult. they view the customer as an adversary.
3/6/08 12:13 PM
Lurken

Edited: 06-Mar-08
This one is getting fuuuun!
3/11/08 10:03 AM
Lurken

Edited: 11-Mar-08
V-I-C-T-O-R-Y Victory tonite. Raaaaaaaahhhh

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.