UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> The boys are back

3/6/08 9:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Mar-08

The Avs will make a run now with their team back to the way it always should have been, and was before the stupid ass lock out.
3/7/08 11:55 AM
Stryfer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-08
Is Ryan Smyth still injured?
3/7/08 8:35 PM
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-08
Yes. Should be back before the end of the season. I look at the cup teams that Colorado had in the past, and the teams that they have put together and I think that this team has everything that a hockey teams needs. They have the goal scorers, and finesse players in Sakic, Hejduk, Wolski, Forsberg, Smyth and Statsney. But they finally have the tough, gritty players that you need in he playoffs to win with guys like McCleod (who is quickly becoming one of my favorite players), Lappy, Guite, Arnason, and a couple others. But we have guys in Smyth, Forsberg, and Statsney that do both. They are physical, but also will score a ton of goals. Defensively with the additions of Salei and Foote we have gone from being weak and small on the back line to being one of the biggest, most physical back lines in the NHL. Before we had Hannan, Sauer, and to a point Jeff Finger who would play physical, but now you add the two additions and we can play physical with anyone, that point was made last night against Anaheim. We matched them hit for hit, and did not get pushed around. In fact that game was one of the very few that I actually saw the Duck forwards getting punishment dished out on them rather than visa versa. Foote, Finger, Sauer, and Hannan all laid out a couple Duck forwards. Theodore is playing like he did when he was regarded as one of the best, and things are looking very good here. I am just glad we are playing a more physical brand of hockey right now, because I got real tired of seeing Colorado being pushed around. That is not happening anymore. At this point I will look forward to seeing ANYONE, Detroit included in the playoffs. We are a much more physical team, with leadership than we have been all season. I hope we play them in the playoffs. 303

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.