UnderGround Forums

MLBGround >> John Franco. Discuss.

3/7/08 5:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KirikMyName!
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-08

Just wondering what you all thought about John Franco, former major league closer. I spent the last week with him and his family. Great guy, and his family is just as nice. He pitched for over 20 years, which is great, no matter how many innings he pitched a game.
3/7/08 6:06 PM
HuntingtonPUNK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-08 06:14 PM
what do you mean no matter how many innings he pitched per game? He was a closer, he was payed his entire career to close the doors in the 9th inning. You dont know baseball to well, lol he is the best lefty closer all time did you know you were hanging with a Mobster, he's in the Mafia (Bonnano Family), TRUTH! # Saves: 424, 4th most in major league history behind Trevor Hoffman, Lee Smith, and Mariano Rivera and the most for any left-handed pitcher. # Career ERA: 2.89 *FRANCO WAS MONEY*
3/7/08 6:17 PM
KirikMyName!
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am aware that a closer pitches only one inning a game (for the most part). What I meant was, it didn't matter he pitched for only an inning a game (compared to someone like Ripken who played the entire game for 2 decades), playing for that many games is still impressive. Sorry, didn't make that clear. I also agree that he is the best lefty closer in the history of the game. Do you think he'll make the hall?
3/7/08 6:23 PM
HuntingtonPUNK

Edited: 07-Mar-08 06:31 PM
he's a sure bet, whoever doesnt mark his name on the ballot will come up missing, lol Cal Ripken is the most overated selfish player ever, his record means how self centered he was
3/7/08 9:13 PM
BJJ GJJ
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not bad, a few HORRIBLE moments that will never leave my mind, though.
3/10/08 12:42 AM
rkjmd

Edited: 10-Mar-08
ttt for a Mets thread
3/10/08 12:35 PM
Hawkeyefan

Cal Ripken is the most overated selfish player ever, his record means how self centered he was

I think you can make a strong argument for the overrated part.  Not sure how self-centered he was.  Looking through his stats, he sure had a lot of seasons hitting in the .250's.

3/10/08 2:30 PM
HuntingtonPUNK

self centered would be playing all those games when he'd still be on the field while knowingly being incapable of making MLB plays because he was injured, while a capable SS in AAA was waiting in the wings who wasnt injured and would have played better. He wouldnt take a day off when he should have so he would break the record, which is self centered. its the most self centered record in all sports, period
3/11/08 10:22 AM
Cryptic
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Mar-08
Franco was pretty damn good...yes indeed. I didn't see him pitch much because I hate NY baseball.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.