UnderGround Forums

Georgia Underground >> looking for a place to train

3/11/08 6:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cagefighter32
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Mar-08

i live in the alpharetta area and i am looking for a place to train..i have tried a couple of places knuckleup and tigerworld..but they are way to expensive.i looking for a good place at a reasonle price if any one out there has any suggerstions please let me know ..thanks
3/12/08 3:21 PM
dustinrwaters
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Mar-08
http://www.paulcreighton.com/home.html only thing i could find for you
3/12/08 3:27 PM
dustinrwaters
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

here's another. their email & address with some description of their staff. UnionTeamDirector@gmail.com "Our new location is 10800 Davis Drive, Alpharetta GA. We have just over 4000 square feet, and will be adding more as our building expands to include a full conditioning gym, cage, etc. The goal of the Union Team is to become a de facto world class MMA training facility in not only Atlanta, but in the Southeast. As I mentioned, the training is directly taught by Master Ricardo Murgel, 7deg red/black (CBJJ http://www.unionworldteam.com/Murgel.htm) for all MMA, submissions, and Gi training. We will also be offering "reality" training to those not interested in the competitive aspects of training. This training is targeted at law enforcement officers, military personnel, and civilians interested in real world training. It will include training from hands to firearms and everything in between. The Union Team comprises the staff instructors at The Center for Special Technique and Tactics in Brazil, a private law enforcement and military training facility in Brazil. Professor Murgel is the head close quarter instructore at CTTE. (www.ctte.com.br) Also on staff with the Union Team is the legendary Lee Kemp : ( http://www.unionworldteam.com/Kemp.htm ) Lee is considered to be the greatest American amatuer wrestler with more competitive victories to his credit than can be counted, including being one of the five competitors to ever beat the equally legendary Dan Gable. Lee will be providing his guidance and knowledge of wrestling to our students and fighters."
3/12/08 9:24 PM
cagefighter32

Thank you for your help i am going to check them out ,thanks again
3/29/08 9:54 AM
matty

Edited: 29-Mar-08
Also check out Triple Boxing, its near Alpharetta. Its in Roswell about a 10 to 15 minute drive from most anywhere in ALpharetta. It's $65 per month unlimited training.
4/1/08 4:57 PM
matty

Edited: 01-Apr-08
4/2/08 10:22 AM
Morgz
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 2 2008 12:00A
You won't find a better place than Paul Creighton's place in Duluth. That would be my top recommendation for anyone in GA.

If you are in Alpharetta and don't want to travel that far, check out KBX gym in Alpharetta. They are off of McFarland and 400. Very large gym...good kickboxing program, and some no gi grappling if I remember correctly. Not a tradional BJJ program, but their no gi guys do well at tournaments.
4/16/08 11:17 PM
proctermma

Edited: 05/22/08 12:36 AM

5/3/08 12:13 AM
CJJScout
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you can't afford KU, might as well not train. They are bottom of the barrel cheap.
5/3/08 10:30 AM
proctermma

haha, thanks for the advice!  yeah these clubs charging 100 bucks a month is ridiculous!  Why does every1 have to be so money hungry!

5/3/08 12:17 PM
cagefighter32

you pay for what you get..creihton mixed martials arts is the best place for the price in the area..i moved here about three months ago and i am going there now..i tried all ther others ku,tiger,all of them and i have to creighton is the best....
5/3/08 4:18 PM
proctermma

Im sure its Excellent training, no doubt!  but training with the best TRAINERS doesnt mean your gonna be any good!  Great fighters can come from anywhere, not about how much money they invested!

But thanks, Ill check them out!

5/5/08 9:47 AM
CJJScout
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Best 

Closer To You

Don't know what GB's program is like, but for the ground it is good.  I have a buddy that trains there sometimes and he says there are some pluses and minus, but it is a spot to train.

Might want to Google "X3 Sports".  Don't know anything about them, but it is on that side of town.

5/22/08 10:13 AM
Morgz
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

proctermma -  haha, thanks for the advice!  yeah these clubs charging 100 bucks a month is ridiculous!  Why does every1 have to be so money hungry!

I guess it depends on who the instructor is. If it is someone with only fair or even subpar skills trying to cash in on the popularity of the sport, and charging high $$, then that may be valid.

If it is a legit BB that spent YEARS (sometimes 10 or more) achieving that level, combined with great instruction skills, then $100 a month is very cheap, IMO. Great instructors like that have earned the right to be compensated for their knowledge. For some this sport is their life, and their career; $100 - $200 is not being money hungry IMO. A guy that spent 10+ years earning a legit BJJ BB probably spent MANY MANY thousands of dollars over the years to get to that point. Should they share that knowledge and experience for less than what the market will bare?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.