UnderGround Forums

Roy Harris >> Roy - Twinkletoes

3/12/08 9:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
groundfighter2000
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Mar-08

The purpose for creating this thread is two-fold, one to commend Roy Harris on developing at least one (from my own personal experience) excellent instructor in Chris aka Twinkletoes. I had a private lesson with him this afternoon and it was great. Secondly, thank you Chris for the great private lesson. After a handful of attempts and last minute schedule conflicts cancellations (all on my part) I finally made it out to Middletown, CT. This was the first private lesson I've ever had from any instructor. My expectations were greatly exceeded. Chris had a very systematic approach to the lesson. The pace was good, not too slow that I felt my time would be up after getting hardly any info, and not too fast that I felt that we were breezing through stuff superficially. He gave plenty of breaks in between key points to write down notes. And answered any and all questions I had (as well as giving me some tips on some other areas outside the scope of the private lesson topic). The topic of my private lesson was Side Mount Escapes and after leaving CT I feel like I have a a great understanding of what I am supposed to be doing, how I should train it, plenty of movements to refine on my own as well as with partners etc. Basically I now have a toolbox on which to start developing my skills in Side Mount Escapes. On a final note, Chris only charged me for the scheduled time we had agreed upon (90 minutes), even though I ended up showing up an hour early and he started my lesson a few minutes after I arrived (and I'm certain he taught me for at least a solid 2 hours). So thanks to Roy on developing a great instructor and thanks again to Chris for the great private lesson. Your students are lucky to have you bro.
3/13/08 12:49 AM
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Mar-08
groundfighter2000, That is GREAT news!!!! I am very proud to have "Twinky" on my team. He and his wife Hope are two of the funnest people I have ever been around! Additionally, I didn't do anything to develop the great instructor you see in Chris. He already possessed those qualities when he came to me several years ago. All I gave to him along the journey was a little info here and there to help him smooth out some of the rough areas. He did all of the work! I am glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your lesson, and I am ECSTATIC to read it on this forum!!! All too often, students within our industry TAKE without ever taking the time to say thanks in a heartfelt manner. For the one out of a hundred students who takes the time to sit down and post a heartfelt thanks on a public forum, we instructors "swell" with pride and gratitude! Thanks again for sharing your experience with all of us! Sincerely, Roy Harris
3/13/08 7:12 AM
groundfighter2000
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I am very proud to have "Twinky" on my team. He and his wife Hope are two of the funnest people I have ever been around!" Yes, how could I forget to mention his sense of humor, he managed to keep me laughing throughout the lesson as well!
3/13/08 10:35 AM
tucker713
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Twinky is my full time instructor and has greatly improved my game. I've had in the last four year three different instructors and none of them match up to Chris' teaching style. I'm glad you made it out and had a good time.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.