UnderGround Forums

LEOGround >> unscrupulus self defense program

3/16/08 11:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
wyojkd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Mar-08

http://www.akt-inc.com/index.html

This gentleman is trying to put on seminars here in my hometown. I have issue with this. It is very McDojo like and I worry his theories are severly flawed. I am a practicioner but not an expert in self defense but I think morally this person isn't doing the community any favors. He lacks showing his credentials and base of training. I have sent letters to the local goverment and the papers. I just want your opinions on what you all see from his site. Am I off base? My instructor feels much the same way as I do.
3/20/08 6:12 PM
FJJ828
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Mar-08
NAPLES BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU L.L.C.
He is apparently teaching Knife Fighting to ladies for self defense. Yuck. Martial Arts is an unregulated huckster business however, and credentials are generally not needed. All you need is an imagination and a marketing plan.
4/16/08 4:42 PM
wyojkd

Edited: Apr 16 2008 12:00A

Woot, his site is down today. Not sure the specifics but in the last 24 hours I sent this link. http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dgzs2t34_464nqv99c6

to a staff member and a person with a testemonial. I was even challenged to look at the data myself so I did.

I'll bet its not over yet. Creepy people have a way about them.

In the meeting with the city he said his secret to the program is: stab, stab, throw(the knife), flee.... Rediculus to throw what could be a decided advantage away.

5/27/08 11:51 PM
Shire
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KombatZoneMMA, President
I have same thing in my area. I have 37 yrs in arts, from TKD to Kickboxing and MMA and over 20 yrs as LEO instructor and certified academy trainer. They hire a website team to come in and teach "advanced" stuff that is shit.

Locally, your not appreciated, go 100 miles and carry a brief case, and you are the expert. I developed and researched my own system, but locals want outsiders. Go figure.
12/18/10 9:01 AM
ABSOLUTE JIU-JITSU

Their is no prophet in his own back yard brother. I refused to teach LE in my immediate area for over a decade. Fortunatly the current leadership in my community realized a few things and I decided to change my mind about proximity. The SWAT team leaders etc are switched on guys and I think we are starting to make some productive headway in individual skills and team tactics...but I can relate to your experience.

1/20/11 9:26 AM
KidJustice
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shire - I have same thing in my area. I have 37 yrs in arts, from TKD to Kickboxing and MMA and over 20 yrs as LEO instructor and certified academy trainer. They hire a website team to come in and teach "advanced" stuff that is shit.

Locally, your not appreciated, go 100 miles and carry a brief case, and you are the expert. I developed and researched my own system, but locals want outsiders. Go figure.

This is so true^^^^^^^

2/1/11 4:41 PM
IP
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We barely have enough training time for searching/handcuffing, let alone "knife fighting."
2/1/11 4:45 PM
Shire
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IP...you may want to check out the DPTS program in NW Indiana in two weeks.

www.dpts.us

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.