UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> T-Jay calls out Pavia! Its on????

3/21/08 1:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
T.Jay Thompson
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Mar-08
Vince......Did you really just call me out? A heavyweight pro fighter who has fought big name opponents? Did I mention I'm 0-2 as an AMATEUR? How about the fact I weigh $175lbs? With that said..... you put up $5k for charity and I'll fight you. Unlike the PAV my dick doesn't tuck.
3/21/08 1:08 AM
KenP
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pavia, Ciscone, and Associates

The reason I am entertaining the possibility of fighting is as a favor to Mike at X1.  He is working a deal and if it comes to fruition I may partake.  The deal would preclude TJ from fighting however.  If and when the deal goes down it will be self evident.  I just cant give details until it happens. 

The reasons I have not fully committed to fighting for sure are three fold and I am weighing the implications now, albiet I did start to train...

1- The potential that it may be percieved as disrespectful to the sport.  I would be doing it to say I did it and to get a better understanding of the sacrifices my cleints make.  I dont want to give the impression that anyone can walk out of their day job and become a fighter.  My clients are disaplined highly skilled and trained pro athletes. 

2- The portential that it may be percieved as disrespectful to my clients.  I do position for media attention but that is in the capacity as an agent to better expose my clients.  If I get it as a combatant that is a potentially different story. 

3- Being able to find the time and lesson the travel to do it right. 

That being said I think it would be fun and the guy Mike has seems to have a cult following and is begging to get beat up.  I live my life for the memories and do many things for the stories I can tell.  My life has been filled with adventure, risk, and rarely has there been a dull or idol moment.  This would be another great chapter to the book if all the stars align.  Unfortunately for TJ who seems to have his g-string on backwards today, he is not going to get to steal the competators spotlight this time around.  Game effort and he is quite the carney, it was admitedly masterful game plan.  But as mentioned previously things are in the works that would have to happen to get me in the cage and would preclude TJ.  Stay tuned.       

3/21/08 1:09 AM
sgavin

Should have known better

He's not messing with your boy-  Not even a little-  It's a promoter calling out an agent, having some fun and donating to charity-  It's all in good fun

If you're looking for fights Vince, I know a heavyweight who's game...

3/21/08 1:18 AM
T.Jay Thompson
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Officially tucked.....not surprised but certainly dissapointed...thought the PAV my have a soft spot for doing some good for this world...apparently not.  Thanks to anyone who thought it might be the right thing to do.  Special thanks to Enson. 

Pav=Tucker

Thread ends.

3/21/08 1:20 AM
sgavin

Should have known better

Why don't the two of you call it an Ammy match?  That takes away objections 1 and 2.

TJ is as busy as anyone else in mma-  that kills #3

It's all for experience and a fireside tale.  Plus, some charity is going to pull at least 6k out of it.

3/21/08 1:23 AM
sgavin

Should have known better

I know Ken was actually working on a project to provide medical insurance to some of the fighters---

What if the 6k went towards something like that?  Taking care of the athletes and helping fill a huge gap in MMA.  Would something like that be considered worthwhile?

3/21/08 1:30 AM
RAZEGEAR

RAZE
told ya...
3/21/08 1:33 AM
sgavin

Should have known better
Give it a little time
3/21/08 3:16 AM
ckr1ssc

ttt = tsk, tsk, tsk Would've loved to see this...=/
3/21/08 4:30 AM
JIMMYNAKS
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread started off so well too. TTT*Tjay
3/21/08 7:20 AM
RAZEGEAR

RAZE
I move that we all refer to "the pav" as "tuck" henceforth... :-)

all those in favor?
*raises hand*
3/21/08 10:05 AM
Tahiti Bo
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Retired

I think Vince was just joking about calling out TJ.

> The reasons I have not fully committed to fighting for sure are three fold and I am weighing the implications now, albiet I did start to train...

1- The potential that it may be percieved as disrespectful to the sport.  I would be doing it to say I did it and to get a better understanding of the sacrifices my cleints make.  I dont want to give the impression that anyone can walk out of their day job and become a fighter.  My clients are disaplined highly skilled and trained pro athletes. 

2- The portential that it may be percieved as disrespectful to my clients.  I do position for media attention but that is in the capacity as an agent to better expose my clients.  If I get it as a combatant that is a potentially different story. 

I think you confuse the terms "disrespectful" and "classy" here...

As long as you went in and actually fought, how could it be disrespectful?

As for classy, you have never been classy in anything you have undertaken before, so that shouldn't be an issue either.

3/21/08 10:10 AM
Pilot201
1563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^which is where his confusion for the definition of "classy" comes from.
3/21/08 11:30 AM
4pdboxing
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Tuck?
3/21/08 11:42 AM
Jump Kick
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"1. ...I dont want to give the impression that anyone can walk out of their day job and become a fighter...." Nobody outside of mma.tv will care about this, and we already know you're not a fighter. "2. 2- The portential that it may be percieved as disrespectful to my clients..." Nobody cares, lol. "3. Being able to find the time and lesson the travel to do it right." Lots of money will go to charity, win lose or draw. Pav will never fight TJ because of fear of embarrassment. -jk
3/21/08 11:43 AM
sgavin

Should have known better
no tuck yet- give the dude a little time to contemplate-  Pav respects the sport-  Much like Kim Couture, he has to make sure his career options are weighed out correctly
3/21/08 11:45 AM
4pdboxing
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol
3/21/08 12:13 PM
PittWrestler
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ken Tucky
3/21/08 1:35 PM
Tahiti Bo
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Retired
Pitt - earning his BCLP&A stripes
3/21/08 3:05 PM
RAZEGEAR

RAZE
Ken Tucky...
Holy crap!!!... that's brilliant!!!
kudos...

yeah I got a chuckle out of "Ken Tucky's" eloquent post about not wanting to disrespect the sport, fighters, etc...
meanwhile he's over on mmahawaii talking a gang of shit to the fighter he's talking about being matched up with... lol
neither respectful OR classy (as tahiti-bo so aptly pointed out) IMO... lol
sounds weird to suggest that he's tucking when it comes to t.jay but calling out an actual pro fighter, until you find out that the pro fighter in question, currently unfortunately has 1 of the worst reputations out here and isn't taken seriously...
also ken's explanation makes it sound like he's some big "somebody" out here... lol
he's doing a favor for mike at X1... haha...
no offence but nobody really knows who ken pavia is out here... he's not really on the "radar" out here except for those few who read the forum...
so it'd be an agent that nobody really knows against a fighter that doesn't get any respect...
this fight won't be breaking any attendance records IMO...
now... a fight between the agent and hawaii's well known promoter t.jay thompson (who IS known by a lot of people out here) with thousands going to charity... now THAT is a novelty act and a conversation piece that people will wanna see IMO...

just my $0.02... :-)
3/21/08 3:26 PM
PittWrestler
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/21/08 3:42 PM
kanotoa
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am late to this thread what is this beef about. How big is Pavia and what is his MA experience. I guess the TJ challenge has officially been ducked.
3/21/08 3:48 PM
RAZEGEAR

RAZE

there's actually no "beef" kanatoa...
pavia (or Ken Tucky as PittWrestler so brilliantly named him) came on the web and said Mike from X1 is offering him a fight with Dirty Curty... should he take it... blah blah blah...
t.jay suggested that pavia fight him instead...
originally t.jay offered to pay $5,000 to charity if he loses...
he then was generous enough to offer to pay $5,000 to charity regardless of who wins...
enson inoue then was generous enough to offer to add another $1,000 to the pot for charity...

pavia declined alluding to some top secret goings on with X1 that wouldn't allow t.jay to fight, and how he's doing Mike from X1 a favor by taking this fight, and how he's still not sure if he'll take the fight because he doesn't want to disrespect the sport, fighters, etc., blah blah blah... which doesn't seem to make any sense on the surface, but hey... who am i to say... lol...

3/21/08 4:08 PM
Heddy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Ken trained with some of HBUTC guys?
3/21/08 4:19 PM
PittWrestler

Raze by anything he wants.

Here is another good Pav quote, "I train with world class fighters.  That doesn't mean I will kick your ass.  I can.  But you think twice when you have assets."

No liability here, get it on!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.