UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> serious question re: obama

3/19/08 11:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Brendasu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Mar-08
1. That's a lie. Anything who reads what I wrote can see that. -Did you say "the more I hear black people defend him, the more i don't want to hear from THOSE PEOPLE?" no. you said - the more i hear blacks defend him, the less I want to hear from blacks. once again, i guess because SOME black people defend his comments, we all must be silenced. 2. That's a non-answer. I think I got your real answer though. You're the kind of person who feels that it's just fine to let a little smear of racism slip if it will help them in an argument. I think I've got the measure of your character on this point. -um, whatever. you don't know me and i don't know you. Thanks.
3/19/08 11:21 AM
Brendasu

no one ever asks your opinion on all this other stuff you favor us with, why should that lack of interest be the thing that stops you this time? -well, you have my answer now.
3/19/08 11:22 AM
balloon knotter
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i didn't blame bush for anything...on this thread. and the fact of the matter is that if bush had improved race relations, then obama's guy wouldn't have anything to yell about. You just blamed Bush for not improving race relations you asshat. And it's not like people here on this board haven't bashed Bush before over some of his associations over the last 6-7 years, so don't act like it's not old hat. .................................................. heheh. the bush race stuff was a joke. my point is that this is so much noise in a political process where we refuse to address real issues and instead wage campaigns based on sound bites, 15 second video clips, and anonymous emailings. i don't give a shit about Obama's big mouth friend. I don't even really support Obama, just think that this is a non-issue. Everyone has an asshole friend. I point out Bush's asshole friends to make that point. A lot of the people on here attacking Obama think Bush has done okay, despite his associations, but won't extend the same leeway for Obama. Debate Obama's experience, his stated platforms, his intelligence, etc. Until he adopts Wright's nonsense as policy, I'm not that concerned.
3/19/08 11:22 AM
Shawn C

McCain is a racist. You have to "peace-the-fuck-out" him.
3/19/08 11:23 AM
Chris in Cambridge

"you don't know me and i don't know you." I know you by your actions. Instead of stepping up and calling me a racist if that's what you in fact believed, you did it in a cowardly and sneering way. I know you that much.
3/19/08 11:23 AM
Brendasu

Apples and oranges. He did not ASSOCIATE with him, he called him his SPIRITUAL ADVISOR after listening to this rasicm for 20 YEARS! Even liberals can tell the difference. -does.that.make.him.a.racist?
3/19/08 11:24 AM
Brendasu

I know you by your actions. Instead of stepping up and calling me a racist if that's what you in fact believed, you did it in a cowardly and sneering way. I know you that much. -lol, would it make you feel better if i called you a racist?
3/19/08 11:26 AM
PatK
382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Debate Obama's experience, his stated platforms, his intelligence, etc.

I've tried to, but no one can do anything but link his webpage.
3/19/08 11:28 AM
balloon knotter
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Debate Obama's experience, his stated platforms, his intelligence, etc. I've tried to, but no one can do anything but link his webpage. ................................................ now that's funny.
3/19/08 11:30 AM
Fraser
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's great to know that marines1 doesn't associate with anyone who is "1-unreasonable 2- ignorant 3- hateful and/or insecure."

"BTW, I don't care for McCain, so I'm not exactly sure why you're trying desperately (it seems) to change the topic.

Feel free to start another thread."

LOL, I was responding to your direct question. If you don't want off-topic answers, don't ask off-topic questions.

"not to mention that if Fraser can just somehow show McCain has a friend who doesn't like gays or Catholics, then he doesn't have to ever worry about talking about Obama or Wright"

I have already talked about them a lot on other threads, but continue to create your own reality if that pleases you. This thread isn't about Obama and Wright, it is about Obama and whether he is racist, so I'm not exactly sure why you're trying desperately (it seems) to change the topic.. Feel free to start another thread.

"how can people not see how self destructive that is? "oh Mark Furhman used the word nigger 10 years ago, so its cool that we got OJ off". The reasoning there was supposedly that him using that word was "proof" of his racism, which was "proof" that there was a racist conspiracy against OJ"

There was also the whole court trial and stuff. I don't remember watching much of it, but I am sure that the defense's entire argument did not boil down to "Fuhrman said the n-word!!!"

"As long as we can point a finger at someone else don't ever need to take the time to clean up our own backyard, its great how that works"

Wasn't the speech about cleaning up the racial divide in this country?

"seriously, this shit is fucking disgusting. but what can you expect from people who's knight in shining armor through his own grandmother under the bus with a "sure my preacher is racist but my grandma is too, in the other direction, so it all balances out" speech"

No, I guess it wasn't- if you take single sentences out of context and misunderstand them. My bad.
3/19/08 11:31 AM
Chris in Cambridge

"LOL, I was responding to your direct question. If you don't want off-topic answers, don't ask off-topic questions." OK, fair enough, but you went into linkspam mode.
3/19/08 11:34 AM
Fraser
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry, I kept finding more articles about more people.
3/19/08 11:34 AM
Chris in Cambridge

"-lol, would it make you feel better if i called you a racist?" If you think it's true, based on what I've said, it would be more honest than you've been so far. But people who don't believe that I'm racist, seeing you call me that, would know how cheap and easy it is.
3/19/08 11:35 AM
jason hornbuckle

"This thread isn't about Obama and Wright, it is about Obama and whether he is racist, so I'm not exactly sure why you're trying desperately (it seems) to change the topic.. Feel free to start another thread." i'm not the one who posted multiple cut and pastes about McCain, on this thread, Fraser. You are so, since you think this thread is about Obama and whether or not he's a racist, why did you do that?
3/19/08 11:43 AM
bluedragon

"I've tried to, but no one can do anything but link his webpage." bwwahahahaha! I feel your pain PatK. Every time I bring up his stance on Iraq and his vision for the WOT, people just shrug their shoulders and say, "hey, I wish it weren't like that, but that's the reality", instead of actually looking at the issue without bias.
3/19/08 11:49 AM
LiveWire
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As I said, I don't think he's racist but throwing his grandmother under the bus wasn't cool IMO.

3/19/08 11:51 AM
bluedragon

LOL at throwing his grandma under the bus! This place is losing its mind. Maybe they should start an ObamaGround.
3/19/08 11:53 AM
jellyman
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"As I said, I don't think he's racist but throwing his grandmother under the bus wasn't cool IMO." I guess he threw Wright under the bus too then, since he said he could no more throw Wright under the bus than his grandmother. I swear people are just picking up talking points.
3/19/08 11:55 AM
hubris
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are a lot of racists on this thread
Chris in Cambridge

"LOL at throwing his grandma under the bus!" I'd never score political points off of my grandmother, but different people have different levels of respect. === "a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe." Well, no, according to Obama's 1995 book, it is not at all true that she "once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street." Instead, she once confessed her fear of one aggressive black beggar who didn't pass by her but instead confronted her, demanded money, and then gave her -- an intelligent, level-headed woman who had worked her way up to a mid-level corporate management position -- good reason to believe he would have violently mugged her if her bus hadn't pulled up. If this was some doofus politician like Bush or Biden who retold the story in a misleading fashion, you might view it as just their usual struggle with using the English language to get across what they really kind of, sort of mean. But Obama is so superb with words that it's perfectly reasonable to hold him accountable for choosing to slander his own living grandmother for his political advantage. http://isteve.blogspot.com/2008/03/obama-throws-his-own-living-grannie.html
pneuma

I don't think any of us have enough honest information from the man himself to answer that question yes or no. It's obvious he is very close to people who are likely racist. I think it throws in to question wether he can be the "racial healer" he has based his campaign platform on.
3/19/08 11:58 AM
LiveWire
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess he threw Wright under the bus too then, since he said he could no more throw Wright under the bus than his grandmother.

I swear people are just picking up talking points.

Jellyman, you seem like an okay guy to me, but you miss the point. Wright's statements are public and he as a leader of a large church is a public figure, Obama's grandmother (though wrong for what she may have said) is not a public figure nor has to the best of my knowledge openly espoused controversial statements to the public.

Sorry dude, you just don't do that shit to family.

3/19/08 11:58 AM
Chris in Cambridge

"There are a lot of racists on this thread" ^^^ Helpful post from a supporter of Stormfront favorite Ron Paul. See, everyone can smear. It's fun and it's cheap!
3/19/08 11:59 AM
fanat

"There are a lot of racists on this thread" Criticizing Obama and looking at his connection to obviously racist pastor does not make people racist. Why the hell SHOULD I like Obama? I'm not black and I'm not blind and caught up in this hysteria. The only thing is that I would prefer him to Hillary but that's the only positive I could find. This is the old "I'm not Bush" platform. If that's his angle, that's fine but people talk about him like he is the second coming of Christ or something.
3/19/08 12:00 PM
Chris in Cambridge

'I think it throws in to question wether he can be the "racial healer" he has based his campaign platform on.' Yeah, he's really doing all sorts of 'healing' recently. Doesn't everyone feel all nice and healed in this thread, thanks to him?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.