UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> serious question re: obama

3/19/08 4:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
pneuma
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Mar-08
"that could be one reason why you support it, but you could also support it simply because people have a right to believe in the big bang theory" And people have a right to believe that black people are inferior. We're not talking abiout rights here. They absolutely have a right to believe that their government created the AIDS virus and infected the black population to kill them off. On this we agree. But is it a supportable theory? No. Is it one that if you support it says something about your character? Yes. The story is a form of racism. The government, by which they generally mean what they consider to be the white power structure, is so iredeemably malevolent by its very nature, they would kill off the entire population or lock them all in prison. It's similar in its way to the argument that black people are, by their very nature, pre-disposed to crime. You can take the very real statistics that blacks are responsible for a disporoportionate amount of violent crime, skip over factors such as poverty and culture, and arrive at that conclusion pretty easily. But it's a specious argument that isn't supportable. And it says something about the person who believes its character-- namely that they're a racist.
3/19/08 4:11 PM
ABE FROMAN
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"It's similar in its way to the argument that black people are, by their very nature, pre-disposed to crime. You can take the very real statistics that blacks are responsible for a disporoportionate amount of violent crime, skip over factors such as poverty and culture, and arrive at that conclusion pretty easily. But it's a specious argument that isn't supportable. And it says something about the person who believes its character-- namely that they're a racist." What do you have against Fearless Thinker?
3/19/08 4:13 PM
Chris in Cambridge
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pneuma-- what was your previous screen name?
3/19/08 4:16 PM
Brendasu

And people have a right to believe that black people are inferior. lol, yes, and i support that right. not only that, i can understand how people have been brainwashed into believing that. doees that mean i support that belief? It's similar in its way to the argument that black people are, by their very nature, pre-disposed to crime. You can take the very real statistics that blacks are responsible for a disporoportionate amount of violent crime, skip over factors such as poverty and culture, and arrive at that conclusion pretty easily. But it's a specious argument that isn't supportable. And it says something about the person who believes its character-- namely that they're a racist. -this is actually a very good example, because as i mentioned before, i understand precisely where people get their racist notions from. this is an example of such a notion and i can certainly see WHY people who don't KNOW ANY BETTER could come up with that theory. does that mean i support them?! NO.
3/19/08 4:38 PM
thepopeye

He is only half racist as black people can not be racist only half of him can be racist.
3/19/08 5:30 PM
super chin
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

understanding why someone believes something is not quite the same as believing it yourself. i understand why people believe in intelligent design. i think they're mistaken, but i'm in full understanding of, and even sympathetic to, their reasons for holding that particular belief. now i can't speak for brenda, but it seems she's saying that past governmental atrocities and a historically unfair distribution of wealth has created in many black communities an often radical distrust of and anger towards white power structures in this country. that doesn't mean she thinks the conclusions they draw from this outlook have any basis in reality.
3/19/08 5:34 PM
Brendasu

exactly.
3/19/08 5:52 PM
thepopeye

"unfair distribution of wealth" I must have been out of the country on wealth distribution day because I feel I have also received an unfair distribution.
3/19/08 5:57 PM
super chin
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i said historic, silly. and any given individual or family can of course get the short end of that stick, in fact most of us outside of the top 5% start somewhere around there. in the context of impoverished black populations, however, we're generally talking about the systemic economic aftermath of slavery, reconstruction, and segregation. so while there was no wealth distribution day, there were historic circumstances that provided opportunities to some and denied them to others. wealth was distributed amidst these circumstances (in the passive voice sense of the word).
3/19/08 6:42 PM
HuntingtonPUNK

Edited: 19-Mar-08 06:51 PM
The TRUTH is that all races of people- black, white and yellow are racist. We are all designed to protect and promote our own kind. Any individuals who are not racist in this world have overcome their instincts and adopted a broader perspective and therefore may be said to have transcended nature. What I would find refreshing is a white person who supports Obama for well researched, logical reasons or the same scenario for a black person supporting McCain. 95% of what I see is racist support of one's own kind rationalized with bullshit. Most of the remaining 5 percent are made up of ass kissers who want to appear that they have transcended race when they are actually just spewing out their azz and the continued singling out of whites as racists in this country is complete bullsht
3/20/08 8:26 AM
asdf
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Mar-08 08:32 AM
"-show me who YOUR friends and I can guarantee that i can find something wrong with all of them." I'm not running for President. Also, you won't find a race baiter among my friends.
3/27/08 1:27 PM
baxter stockman

Edited: 27-Mar-08
ah, the og. a forum of talented, intelligent thinkers who just can't get over their own addiction to the gratification of thinking they're correct. i think we should have a thread where everyone pretends the people they're used to arguing against are 100% correct.
3/27/08 4:20 PM
oldnslow
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

baxter, I agree with you 100% on that. In fact that is the most 100% correct statement I have ever read.
3/27/08 4:25 PM
baxter stockman

i see what you did, there. -_-
3/27/08 4:59 PM
Samatikan

No, no more than the average person. He's just an opportunist who got burned. Went to that church to get street-cred and now is in deep shit over it. His wife is racist. And i can't, for the life of me, understand why people say the pastor's comments are taken "out of context". Please give an example of a context in which the "America created AIDS" comment would be acceptable.
3/27/08 5:02 PM
oldnslow
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Samatikan, that is an incredibly correct statement. In fact I think it is even more 100% correct than Baxter's.
3/27/08 5:59 PM
Samatikan

It is 110% correct, imo, and by extension, you are 100% correct.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.