UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Evan Tanner Completely Broke!

3/28/13 2:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pill Clinton
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tragedy man. But what he was going through I think alot of people and other fighters are going through also. Hope that more don't end up like this. Rip tanner Phone Post
3/28/13 3:02 PM
RONINXOM
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man. Of all the Tanner threads TTT'd. :( Phone Post
3/28/13 3:25 PM
Bry Bry

rip

how exactly did Tanner die again?i was basically identical to the 'Into the Wild' scenario right?
3/28/13 3:47 PM
Heroic Rise
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Humphrey - fuckin hall o fame material here boys!

it cracks me up when people suggest this guy should be in the HoF
Why is that? Phone Post
3/28/13 3:50 PM
RazorMMA
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP. Phone Post
3/28/13 3:58 PM
Jill Laz

If he doesn't want advice or sympathy why post?? Phone Post
3/28/13 5:06 PM
MrNiceguy66

RIP Champ Phone Post
3/28/13 6:12 PM
BRZ

Bry Bry - rip

how exactly did Tanner die again?i was basically identical to the 'Into the Wild' scenario right?
I think his bike ran out of gas and he had no food or water left so he tried to go get gas and didn't make it. Phone Post 3.0
3/28/13 6:45 PM
chawkins
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Went out into desert with geological maps that suggested a water hole/pond in a certain area. This waterhole was dried up and since it was going to be a resupply point he didnt have enough to get back to the bike. Died of exposure on route.

Exactly this.  It was nothing like Into the Wild.  Evan was on a well-supplied camping trip.  The trouble came when his supplies were all back at camp as he went on a side excursion to the water hole 5 miles away, which turned out to be dry at that time of year.

Evan tried walking back to his camp.  He made it 4 of the 5 miles before succumbing to exposure.

There's a really excellent write-up of the whole affair - and Evan in general - here:

RIP.  I always enjoyed watching him fight and watching him try to articulate the ways in which he struggled to make sense of his inner demons and how they related to the outer world.  Evan was really one of a kind.  
4/1/13 2:19 AM
DaddyGorg

"It's interesting to see members on here that shit talked him when he was around. Fuckin Corky of all people."

What's even more interesting is when so many people suddenly love someone precisely because he died.
4/1/13 2:33 AM
BALLSDEEP
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I take a gamble every time I bang a hooker with no rubber, but don't tweet about it...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.