UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Evan Tanner Completely Broke!

3/21/08 4:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheAdonis
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Mar-08
I've always been a fan of Evan Tanner's. I'll bet money I could manage him for 3 months and i'd get him paid many times over. Betcha betcha betcha. I know a fuckload of people and have the skills and the resume to back it up too. Give me shout, tanner, and we'll talk turkey
3/21/08 8:04 AM
roxbury

"at least you still have the boat." OUch :S
3/21/08 9:49 AM
<:(((><
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Mar-08 09:57 AM
""at least you still have the boat." OUch :S " Actually probably not, if it was salvage which it sounds like it was Evan probably didn't have the cash to pay for it so it becomes the property of the salvors.
3/21/08 11:32 AM
mikey burnett

Whats up Dan, I hope all is well bro. Stay strong. Risk is an addiction...... Im addicted to it. Most my addictions have been negative addictions, because they are so easy to get,. The positive powers are harder to find and don't last as long..... Im pretty mellow in my aging and the addictions and behind me for the most part I hope...... I quit drinking 7 years ago. Unfortunately society doesn't let us forget our past. It is brought up every time I have an opinion that does not coincide with the rest of the world
3/21/08 11:50 AM
sovann
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan Christison, I hadn't read Evan's blog about stopping drinking but what I wrote still stands. In the context of having just stopped drinking cold turkey after many years a gambling binge is not just blowing off some steam to cope with a tough loss. It's neat that you saw and supported him after the loss but you're the one sticking your head in the sand if you think anything but straight talk, boundaries and consequences is going to help him. Even in a healthy person a week, week and a half binge would be a red flag. He even said how he felt afterward. He wasn't "fine". A big piece of the additive personality is the addictive thinking and neurochemistry. Canson mentioned addiction as being defined by the consequences. It is also seen in the rationalization, minimization, justification, blaming, etc. It's not about the substance, it's about the ritual, the cycle, the risk, the experience and the brain chemistry. It's about trying to something to help you feel more alive. And dealing with the aftermath. I used to wonder how the hell people would get to an American Idol audition and be ass awful at singing and think they were really genius artists. It's because they had friends and parents telling them they were great. Evan, I hope you are reading this. I'm not preaching. I'm just saying.
3/21/08 12:25 PM
Petey B
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evan was pretty much just joking. Read today's blog.
3/21/08 12:27 PM
<:(((><
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sure he was...
3/21/08 1:00 PM
sovann
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmm.  It's like one of those Choose Your Own Adventure books.  Ooops, let's flip back to a different page.

Roller coaster.  Drama Triangle.  To admit to being dramatic and then faulting others for overreacting is disappointing.  Is the blog on stopping drinking a joke as well?  Evan absolutely has the freedom to do and say whatever he wants; others are also free to say how that affects their trust and respect. 

Why Evan Why?

3/21/08 9:46 PM
Steamfitter

Tanner needs to get a real job. It is never too late to learn a trade and make a decent income. His fighting dream is over and unless he wants to live in a cardboard box for the rest of his life he needs to grow up.
3/21/08 11:01 PM
Mike Sanders

"And LOL @ the guys trying to justify that he's "living the good life" and LOL @ the notion that anyone who points out this trainwreck of a life Evan is leading, is just "jealous" and "living vicariously through fighters on the internet." Who in God's name would want to be a thirty-something, middle tier fighter with a gambling problem and a substance abuse issue?" Wow, classic HATER post.
3/21/08 11:11 PM
Kistler

Alot of people (even good people and successful people) fall on hard times. It sucks. But ridicule makes it no easier
3/21/08 11:49 PM
BullyKiller
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tanner's good people!
3/22/08 12:48 AM
Brian Davis

Edited: 22-Mar-08
Tanner is on the road to a collision. A big one. I know because I'm the exact same way he is. For years I was a junkie (crack,cocaine,pills). This went on NINE years. I did nothing to better myself. I only existed to kill myself. Literally. I wound up in a mental hospital for six months. Finally I started trying to get my shit together. Even when I suceeded, I would find a way to bring myself down. It's like I had to. It got to the point (drug/drink free) Where I thought I had demons living in my bedroom. I had an experience with what may or may have not been a demon. I experienced many things. Finally two years ago, I was finally diagnosed as Bipolar w/ Pscyh features. Even after being diagnosed, I wound up in a mental home again for attempting to kill myself. A month ago (when I was supposed to be at work) I woke up around 11am with a bunch of parametics around my bed. Apprently I was overdosing (not on purpose). For the next week I had no idea where I was. My memory worked in a span of 10 seconds. My point is, even having all these struggles, people struggling to help me, me actually helping myself, the bad shit keeps happening. Some people are just destined for it. I have plenty of responsiblities and I try my best to live the right way (now). The easy way has never worked for me. I'm a big Evan Tanner fan. Walk yourself into a mental home. No insurance? So what, there are places that HAVE to take you. Get properly diagnosed, take your meds, and go from there. Get a part-time job at least. DO SOMETHING. I'm a fan of yours, we you fail, you let the people who care about you AND your fans down. No one here wants to see you keep doing what you're doing. You path has to eventually go on the right road, if even for awhile. Mine has. Good luck.
3/22/08 12:53 AM
Mike Sanders

"I had an experience with what may or may have not been a demon." METAL!!!!
3/22/08 1:02 AM
Haywood Jablowme
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Working as a Public Defender.... I can speak from experience.... Brian Davis has fucking ended this thread!
3/22/08 1:06 AM
Mike Sanders

This thread has ended? Cool, let's post music videos. I'll go first. "The Philosopher" by Death! </object>
3/22/08 1:18 AM
Brian Davis

Whenever I post on a thread, it dies. WTF?!?!?!
3/22/08 1:24 AM
2JupitersTooMany
1774 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol
3/22/08 2:01 AM
StretchPlum

"I've been eating tuna fish sandwiches for days now." On the bright side, he's getting his Omega 3s.
3/22/08 2:06 AM
TheAdonis

Great post by Brian Davis. Thanks for sharing. That took some steel balls to spill all that here. Substance abuse is an awful thing...I see it all the time.
3/22/08 2:11 AM
StretchPlum

"Yeah, maybe so but the guy has lived a helluva life while most of us sit in a nowhere job grinding out a living and living vicariously through fighters on the internet. At least he's following his own path, how many of us can truly say that? " I love how he tries to romanticize himself, and there are still a few who go for it. He's his own free man so much that he's paralyzed by depression and booze for years on end. Miserable and broke---"I Did It My Way." Why doesn't he "Put it all on the line" by getting a fucking job like a man and stop stiffing everybody?
3/22/08 2:15 AM
StretchPlum

easykash, congratulations. That's being a man instead of being selfish.
3/22/08 2:28 AM
StretchPlum

"He's probably a hell of a lot happier than your typical safe adult drone." Other than constantly talking for years about how depressed he is.
3/22/08 3:03 AM
Steamfitter

"On the bright side, he's getting his Omega 3s." and a serving of mercury too.
3/22/08 6:33 AM
Doc Amok
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian Davis -- I'm glad to hear you got the help you needed. I wish you continued health and happiness. Those who see through the romanticized "warrior-poet" musings of Evan...well, you'll go much farther in life than the excusers on this thread. But what do I know? I'm only a psychiatrist. I'm still rooting for Evan...but he needs helpers (not sheep) around him, if he's going to exit this hole. -Doc Amok

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.