UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Evan Tanner Completely Broke!

3/22/08 7:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JROB
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Mar-08
I feel real bad........
3/22/08 11:54 AM
worldfightfan

best of luck with your daily challenges Brian Davis! that was cool of you to open up and let everyone know how someone like Evan's life is going
3/22/08 1:38 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My life has turned me into a "take the really bad times for the sake of really good times" kind of guy, so agree to disagree. I'm just saying I'd take his life as a whole over something safe and comfortable.
3/22/08 1:43 PM
StretchPlum

But you're a public defender...it's an essential function of your job to think that way.
3/22/08 1:51 PM
Southern Prince

Tanner sounds like a broken record. He's a junkie. Reminds me of every other junkie. Nothing new in his stories.
3/22/08 2:32 PM
sovann
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian Davis,
First off, glad you're still alive despite the hell you've been through.  And thanks for telling your story.  I hope it helps someone. 

Interesting everyone's take on this. I'm biased from being a fan and my own experience and what from I do and who I talk to daily.  

"I'm fine." "I had a great week."  "I'm doing okay."  "It's not that big a deal."  "I'm not as bad as ______ is."  "I'm not as bad as I used to be."  "At least I'm not doing _____; that would be *really* bad."  "It won't happen again."  "I was just kidding/joking."  "I didn't mean it ____"  "I'm a grown man."  "Who do you think you are?  My mother?"

I don't know the whole story.  But I do know that most/all people need a lot of support if they are going to beat an addiction.  Friends don't make the best sponsors.  Everyone wants to think they are the exception to the rule. 

Who's being gullible here? 

Anyways, hoping for the all the best for Evan. 

3/22/08 2:36 PM
sovann
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I'm just saying I'd take his life as a whole over something safe and comfortable. " If you really meant that, you would. Or maybe you are?
3/22/08 2:40 PM
kanotoa
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe Tanner can find a gym where he can teach and live in. This might help him get back on his feet.
3/22/08 2:57 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"If you really meant that, you would. Or maybe you are?" That doesn't make sense. I am not Evan Tanner. I don't have the option to become Evan Tanner as a whole. If I was dying and looking back on a bunch of unremarkable monotany, the adventurer in me would rather be looking back on some peaks and valleys. Lots of people would disagree. Good for them. I'm a determinist. I believe it is impossible that life could have been anything other than what it has been. So, you have to view lives as a whole. As a whole, I admire Evan's existance and would prefer it over others that I would consider to be examples of perpetual asphixiation.
3/22/08 3:09 PM
kanotoa
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So being stable is boring? I really think the stress free life is underrated. Enjoying watching your kids grow up and spending time with them is not a bad way to live your life. I wish Evan the best but to glorify self destructive behavior is not constructive and only perpetuates this sort of life style. Why not be a world class fighter without the other drama?
3/22/08 3:14 PM
straight right

the more I learn about him the more I like him
3/22/08 3:16 PM
2JupitersTooMany

You're assuming that self destructive Evan can be separated from world class fighter Evan. He is one, WHOLE person. People are so obsessed with actions, they don't realize how complex life is. If Evan was someone else, he wouldn't have made every exact decision that brought him to where he is. I'm not glorifying self destructive behavior. That's a huge simplification. He is the entirity of his existence, and I'll take that entirity over what you value. It's something reasonable people can disagree about.
3/22/08 3:32 PM
solidsnake
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MonaVie Active™
You're an alcoholic and addictive person get yourself in AA, not just for alcohol but all your addictions Yeah, the guy is trying to justify his self destructive life style through some creative writing and hoping people will blog him back with support. Go get some help dude. Sign up for the next celebrity rehab.
3/22/08 3:59 PM
solidsnake
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MonaVie Active™
Yeah, no joke on joining celebrity rehab. If he wants some TV time and show a documented recovery. He needs to get off his self pity myspace blog. Anybody who writes on those things is an attention whore. He doesn't need that shit to bring him down anymore.
3/22/08 4:09 PM
Ausgepicht

Good to see every reads and pays attention.
3/22/08 5:44 PM
<:(((><
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasn't there a forum member a while ago that named his child "Evan Tanner"? At least there's a chance for one Evan Tanner to have his shit together..
3/22/08 5:54 PM
Mike Sanders

"Wasn't there a forum member a while ago that named his child 'Evan Tanner'?" c hurrle! The time I literally PUKED while reading his "time to wash your penis, Evan" thread still embarrasses me to this day, because I was on my laptop in Starbucks at the time. :( For those people who don't know, <:(((>< doesn't give his kids "real" names, only a combination of letters and numbers. He also apparently prefers to refer to them as "assassination droids" rather than children.
3/22/08 6:09 PM
<:(((><
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For those people who don't know, <:(((>< doesn't give his kids "real" names, only a combination of letters and numbers. He also apparently prefers to refer to them as "assassination droids" rather than children. T-1000 is just easier to spell.
3/22/08 7:47 PM
Ring Girl
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CrossFit Los Angeles
Sanders - You seriously puked on your laptop in public??
3/22/08 9:34 PM
StretchPlum

"If I was dying and looking back on a bunch of unremarkable monotany, the adventurer in me would rather be looking back on some peaks and valleys" I can't imagine a more monotonous life than sitting around drunk and depressed for years on end, essentially disabled and not being able to do anything.
3/22/08 9:38 PM
Brian Davis

Can someone post this link to his BLOG?
3/22/08 9:45 PM
ECWCock

Good story.
3/22/08 9:55 PM
FubarTe

Sounds like he exchanged one addiction (drinking) for another (gambling). He's talking like a man who doesn't have a soul anymore. The next step is usually predictable....... Hope I'm wrong.
3/22/08 10:37 PM
apexgtp

Tanner is worthless, he should stop fighting and get a real job. He was only winning while working with team quest, now he sucks. He'll never win another MMA fight. Lets face it, he rips off his friend and rips off his webdesigner in HOPES of winning. What a joke... QUIT FIGHTING TANNER.
3/23/08 12:08 AM
cp31

Edited: 23-Mar-08
Brian Davis; Looks like Tanner has pulled his blog down for now (I wonder why?).

Here is the link to it :

www.evantanner.net/journal

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.