UnderGround Forums

PhilosophyGround >> Can someone explain this quote?

3/20/08 11:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FutureProdigy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Mar-08

You have the tenacity of a bulldog, the ability to change venues quickly and ... you have a good grasp of Socratic interlocution. What does this mean :S
3/20/08 4:00 PM
ViewType

Edited: 20-Mar-08
Seems pretty straight forward. Which part has you stumped?
3/22/08 4:07 PM
thesleeper

Edited: 22-Mar-08
Is this feedback of a verbal debate?
3/23/08 9:27 AM
twinkletoesCT
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Mar-08
Modern Self-Defense Center
It's not bad except for the use of the word "venue" (unless you, FutureProdigy, move from one building to another very quickly).
3/24/08 4:19 PM
eraserx13

Edited: 24-Mar-08
you have strong willed opinion to things but also have the ability to listen to the otherside...you adapt. also, you have the ability to talk to someone where you can bait them to a certain understanding just by asking back questions (socratic method).
3/30/08 10:18 AM
OriginalTUFer

Edited: 30-Mar-08 10:25 AM
"You have the tenacity of a bulldog" You are a strong individual that goes all the way with everything (fierce, tough, determined) "the ability to change venues quickly" You're fluid; you're not stuck in the past, you live in the moment and are freed from what was or should be. "you have a good grasp of Socratic interlocution." This is probably where you have the question; I am not an expert on Socrates and have never heard of interlocution, but by my abilities of deduction, I would say it's having an inner locus. In psychology there are two concept of locus, inner and outer. Inner being you think things happen as a direct result of your own actions and outer means you think the environment and outside world determines your circumstances. So to have a good grasp of Socratic interlocution, I would guess it means you are responsible for your own actions and you don't blame outside circumstances.
3/30/08 8:00 PM
twinkletoesCT
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Mar-08
Modern Self-Defense Center
tenacity =df having the ability to adhere strongly, perseverance, "stick-to-it-iveness" venues =df buildings where events are held interlocution =df dialogue The first and third were compliments. The second was a compliment involving incorrect diction (word choice).
4/8/08 2:48 AM
baxter stockman

Edited: Apr 8 2008 12:00A

interlocutus borg: 

8/27/08 1:45 AM
goodandevil

You fight for and from your position, you adapt your argument to the given subject well, and you use an antiquated method.
5/26/11 11:25 AM
Turd Furguson

just getting in here to boost my post count. nothing to see here.
5/26/11 11:29 AM
OriginalTUFer

OriginalTUFer - "You have the tenacity of a bulldog" You are a strong individual that goes all the way with everything (fierce, tough, determined) "the ability to change venues quickly" You're fluid; you're not stuck in the past, you live in the moment and are freed from what was or should be. "you have a good grasp of Socratic interlocution." This is probably where you have the question; I am not an expert on Socrates and have never heard of interlocution, but by my abilities of deduction, I would say it's having an inner locus. In psychology there are two concept of locus, inner and outer. Inner being you think things happen as a direct result of your own actions and outer means you think the environment and outside world determines your circumstances. So to have a good grasp of Socratic interlocution, I would guess it means you are responsible for your own actions and you don't blame outside circumstances.
Wow, this is almost embarrassing. Well, at least I've grown in the last 3+ years. "Interlocution" is just a conversation between two people, haha.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.