UnderGround Forums

GirlGround >> Ladies what is this crap?

3/20/08 1:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Little Ron
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Mar-08 01:36 PM

So I get a wedding invitation in the mail yesterday from an ex girlfriend I dated freshman year of college.  We stopped dating because she moved to Arizona with her family.  She was an awesome girl and we still keep in touch sparingly (if she is in the NY area we'll meet up in the city)  I am now 23 so its been awhile since we've hung out for more than a random meet up.

Now she sends me this wedding invite to her wedding in Arizona.  This girl wasn't dumb so I am assuming she knows I am not coming to AZ for a wedding... or maybe not does she really want me there? 

My question is this:

Does she expect me to show?  Does she expect a gift (cash/check)?  Do i just mail back the reply saying not attending?  Do I mail it with a nice card?  Nice card and a check?  What is an appropriate amount?

Girl ground help me out

oh BTW I live in New York currently, no where

3/20/08 4:11 PM
Chesty LaRue
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Mar-08
She is sending you an invitation hoping you can make it, but understanding if you can't.  If you don't have a problem getting her a gift, check her registry and send something, or send a cheque for an amount that seems average - if it's full of toasters and pots, give her a cheque for $50, if it's full of designer sheets and expensive stuff, send a cheque for a couple hundred.
She isn't just fishing here, she thinks of you as a good enough friend to be part of her wedding :)
3/21/08 8:16 AM
Little Ron
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Mar-08
That response was very helpful, thank you.
3/21/08 11:42 AM
Xtina

chesty is very correct. +1.
3/21/08 1:19 PM
hockeychick
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I tend to view the females harsher.  She could be doing it to say, look what you missed out on, rub it in and if you go, prove she still has power over you and you still have feelings for her.  I always think people have ulterior motives, based on ego and manipulation.

But, yes, send her a card and a gift.  If you were really good friends, I'd say fly out, take a date.
3/21/08 5:06 PM
ArmbarCity
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I split the difference between hockeychick and Chesty -- I just think she's looking for a gift. How friendly are you? Did you sex her? If so and you can afford it, send her a gift. If not, fuck it.
3/21/08 5:28 PM
Cookie Monster
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you go a day or two early you might be able to hit it once or twice before her big day.
3/22/08 4:11 PM
cthlcschlgrl

Edited: 22-Mar-08
I'm with ABC on this one.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.