UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> CBR929rr spend or save???

3/21/08 6:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PeterIrl
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Mar-08 12:18 AM

Howdy all, hope the Easter weekend finds you well. Just wanted to throw this out there to see what the general opinion is. I've got a CBR929rr, PC3/Hass eliminator/Megacycle can/flapper mod dyno'd@126.8bhp I've just recently had the suspension revalved and resprung front and rear by a Ktech shop to suit my weigh(96kg) and it handles like a wet dream now. Seriously, its like a new bike apart from there being a bit of a power defecit when compared to newer bikes due to the smaller capacity engine Now seeing as I've gone to the effort of getting everything else done, is it worth my while gains wise in getting a set of more aggressive cams & +1mm JE high comp pistons or should I just save my cash. I use the bike for scratching and trackdays, so its not like its a daily commuter or anything. I can't see the point in upgrading to a 1000rr yet(only other bike I'd consider), much as I'd like to because I've gone to the trouble of sorting the handling on the 929 and it'd be a bit of a waste after forking out the cash. I reckon I could buy the upgrade bits for about $1400USD, with probably about the same again in labour to fit em on top of that. Whatchoo reckon motorground petrolheads? On a side note, I'm going to be doing a trackday at the world famous Phillip Island circuit on Monday. Spent yesterday fettling the blade in its track fairings.
3/22/08 12:02 AM
big_slacker
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Mar-08
I guess at my level its skill and not HP holding me back. If I had $2800 to spend on bike related stuff I'd spend $2500 on freddie spencer's school and the rest on trackdays. I think you're several levels of skill above me though so your results may vary. Is the HP holding you back?
3/22/08 12:16 AM
PeterIrl
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL, I think you're reading a lot more into my skill level than is actually there. Its not holding me back at all really, but it's nice to have an extra bit in reserve(for safer overtaking officer) and I figure that instead of buying a newer more powerful model that I'll just have to get resprung anyway it'd probably be an easier option to just drop in some cams & pistons for an extra few ponies.
3/22/08 3:26 AM
PeterIrl

I'd have loved a 954, but I didn't have the cash for it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.