UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Amazing Cleanse!!!

4/20/08 6:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
orinoco
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 20 2008 12:00A
I completely agree with that statement. However, this product has done a wonderful job convincing me over these past few months. I feel that the "self fulfilling prophecy" rule would have come into fruition by now if the tea did not work. But I could not be happier with it.
4/21/08 6:48 PM
Kevin Curtis
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 21 2008 12:00A
orinoco...

Can you tell us a little bit anbout yourself?
I see that you have been a member since November... are you a MMA fan? What other threads have you posted on?
4/22/08 9:06 PM
orinoco

Edited: Apr 22 2008 12:00A
Rahknee: I guess you can say that the tea acts like a laxative in a sense. However, it does much more than that. It really cleanses out your digestive system. After, it starts to cleanse your blood and organs as well. It has really helped many people in a variety of problems, the list is really long to write down.

Kevin: I have been slacking in my involvement in the underground. My friend has been a member for many years. I am a big MMA fan, and I have trained BJJ for a while of and on. Not as much as I would like. When I left the Marines in 2002 my friend turned me on to BJJ and the UFC, Pride, K1 etc. And I have been watching ever since. I have competed in NAGA a few times, but recently work has been to hectic to really compete. I recently started to read the posts on the underground and I decided to join, because it is a good way for fans and like minded individuals to shoot out idea and thoughts of the sport.
4/23/08 6:51 AM
Kevin Curtis
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 23 2008 12:00A
Cool... you've been a member for 5 months and over 1/2 your posts are about cleansing your bowels.

Seems a little suspicious... almost like you were trying to sell us some snake oil... I'm just saying.
4/27/08 11:52 PM
orinoco

Edited: Apr 27 2008 12:00A
HAHA! No I just got caught up in this debate. I work way too much overtime (I need a vacation) and I really don't get on too often so I check out this page more often when I get a chance.
4/28/08 2:59 AM
wreckker
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 28 2008 12:00A
yo spammer get the fuck out of our forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starbucks makes me shit just fine anyways
5/2/08 9:11 AM
orinoco

Sorry man, I am far from a spammer, just sharing what has worked for me.
5/11/08 1:31 AM
HarryLime

Some people do have impacted fecal matter . . . it's in their heads.
5/11/08 7:58 PM
Elias Cepeda
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for later

5/23/08 2:41 PM
snail darter
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I'm also interested in the names of those "toxins" ..."

Here's a link to an article in National Geographic that names some of the toxins that accumulate in humans.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0610/feature4/index.html

"And by what mechanism."

I don't now about intestinal cleansing and I don't know what toxins a person is trying to remove from intestines. Many people seem to feel better by "detoxing." Maybe it's an outcome of eating more fiber through a better diet.

Another "detox" strategy is to detox the liver by cleaning up the diet and eating foods or products that support the cytochrome p450 detoxification pathway. Is that not possible?
5/24/08 9:06 AM
crescentwrench
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/24/08 9:19 AM
snail darter - Here's a link to an article in National Geographic that names some of the toxins that accumulate in humans.

I know there are toxins that accumulate in the body. I was asking in this case what specific toxins this doctor was talking about. He could list any number of verified substances but that's meaningless unless he can point out exactly which ones his product helps eliminate. It's much easier to just say "toxins" and let the reader insert his own interpretation of what that means. It's a great schtick, psychics have been using it forever to channel dead relatives.

I don't now about intestinal cleansing and I don't know what toxins a person is trying to remove from intestines. Many people seem to feel better by "detoxing." Maybe it's an outcome of eating more fiber through a better diet.

I would agree there.  There is a certain euphoria that you get after filling up your bowl with a leg quivering dump.  And you'd probably have been drinking more water so you will have diluted some of that bloat inducing sodium and stuff from your body.  You'll probably feel pretty good.  But that stuff will have done absolutely nothing to change the level of "toxins" in your body.  That and the placebo effect are a couple of reasons why testimonials are one of the worst indications of success.  Instead of relying on people's accounts, why don't they test some of those people's excrement and see if there are any of the substances from the NG article that are there at elevated levels?  That would sell me on it tomorrow. 

Another "detox" strategy is to detox the liver by cleaning up the diet and eating foods or products that support the cytochrome p450 detoxification pathway. Is that not possible?

Maybe.  Or maybe it's another case of a study or two where they find that a substance superficially changes the state or amounts of a harmful substance without knowing how or why and then a cottage industry pops up to take that ball and run with it.  The supplement industry thrives on that kind of jumping to conclusions. 

6/1/08 9:00 PM
crobrun
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CW - Thanks for speaking out on the supplement buzzwords and for proper testing/analysis of claims. It's nice to hear.

Rob

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.