UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> retro fantasy hockey league?

3/25/08 12:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bradu
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Mar-08
Portraits by Brad Utterstrom

would anyone here be interested in joining a retro fantasy hockey league? I've been thinking about trying to put together an APBA league if I can generate enough interest.

For those of you unfamiliar with sim based fantasy leagues, it goes a little something like this: We get GMs for each NHL team. We pick which season we want to start in. We could either do a huge draft to pick our players, or simply start with the actual NHL rosters for whatever season we start with (I'm thinking mid 70's probably). Each GM makes trades as they see fit, and sends in a lineup for their team. The commissioner uses apba hockey to simulate all games. It's a text based simulator that produces realistic stats filled results. So you'd basically see the box score for each game with full details on all penalties, fights, hits, goals, etc.

It's all for fun, you win as many games as you can. Then have a draft in the offseason for the new rookies coming in the following season, and keep going 2-3 seasons per year.

How many would be interested? We'd have to iron out all the details, but I just want to test the waters right now.
3/25/08 11:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bradu
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Mar-08
Portraits by Brad Utterstrom
suppose it might help to leave my email: apbaahl@hotmail.com

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.