UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> The most fun you can have...

3/25/08 2:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PeterIrl
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Mar-08

Without getting arrested! My name is Peter, and I'm a bikeaholic. Spent all day yesterday following in the tracks of the likes of Troy Bayliss, Colin Edwards, Rossi and Stoner(all be it at a vastly reduced pace) at Phillip Island. It's a perfect track, just perfect.
4/5/08 8:16 AM
howsyourhead
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 5 2008 12:00A
I hate you! I got to ride laguna seca, but other then that (and I guess california speedway) the tracks out here are nothing like that. All bumpy and dirty, with dirt and little rocks for run off cough**willow springs**. Looks awsome
4/5/08 2:42 PM
Racer X
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 5 2008 12:00A
I've been to Laguna Seca many times. Riding a bike on that track seems like it would be a roller coaster ride for sure. Lots of elevation change and that blind at the top of the corkscrew must put a kink in your sphincter.
4/7/08 5:03 PM
PeterIrl
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 7 2008 12:00A
That corkscrew at Laguna looks like a right bastard, like a steeper, way more dangerous version of turn 9/10(Lukey heights) at PI. Scary to see the way the grip unloads from the front end of racers bikes when they hit it(the corkscrew)
4/7/08 7:15 PM
Racer X
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 7 2008 12:00A
I've watched near every kind of car and bike slither half sideways down the Corkscrew when they didn't get the top of it right. The Historic races are the most fun, because many of the cars don't have the traction to make it look easy.
4/24/08 4:33 PM
pm1964
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 24 2008 12:00A
Seing the corkscrew in person, from trackside, is enough to make your sphincter clinch up. I can't imagine coming up toward it at full throttle, knowing there is a completely blind, off camber, hard left, that drops dead away, on the other side of the hill.

Last year in the AMA superbike race there, Ben Spies passed Mat Maladin on the corkscrew in an amazing overtaking.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.