UnderGround Forums

BookGround >> My Book Will Be Available Soon!!!

3/26/08 3:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mendelson
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Mar-08

Hello Everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that as my new book, entitled "Building Champions: A Coaches Guide to Creating Competitors and Finding Happiness" will be released in April 2008. If you would be so kind as to pass the word amongst your training partners, coaches, and even parents of the kids you train, I would greatly appreciate it. I am sure that every person can find at least 1 thing that will improve their performance inside. It will be available via www. Amazon. com as well as my company website: www. CMEmentaledge. com. If you purchase from the CME site, I will have a 15% discount set up. Thank you so much for your support, and as always, if I can help you, please do not hesitate to let me know. Also, if you would like to be placed on our mailing list, please send me an e-mail from the CME site. Best wishes for success to all of you. Richard Mendelson President Competitive Mindset Enhancement, LLC www. CMEmentaledge. com rich@CMEmentaledge.com 1(888) CME-7114 1(888) 263-7114
4/2/08 2:24 PM
mendelson
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 2 2008 12:00A
At first, I copyrighted my material and I began to shop publishers. I sent transcripts to different publishing houses and I waited to see what they would offer me in terms of $ for the rights to publish the book. Typically an author receives an upfront check and a percentage of future sales. Once I received those offers I realized that they were offering me what I considered to be substantial amounts, so I chose to self publish. I felt like the companies believed the book was good enough to pay that much for, so I could publish it and market it on my own. I found a company that provides the ISBN number and they also have a print house. I chose to go through them. I am now in the process os getting my book listed on Amazon.com, Google Books, as well as getting it on the shelves in stores like Barnes and Noble and Borders through their independent author programs. I could have gotten more up front cash if I had sold my rights, but I figure that I may want to use my material at some point in the future for my business, and I need to retain the rights to my material.

Richard Mendelson
4/5/08 2:27 PM
mendelson

Edited: Apr 5 2008 12:00A
I have not used an agent at all. Once I had the copyright, I guess I could have sent the whole book if I wanted to because they could not use anything in it without permission. I sent about the first 15 pages or so. This was before I did the final layout on Quark though, so I guess it was more pages out of the actual book, but with the word doc being an 8 1/2 by 11 page it came out to 15 pages. I hope this helps you out. I have a fantastic printer as well as graphic artist for you if you would like. Shoot me an e mail on my work address listed in the original post on this thread if you need anything else.

Richard Mendelson
4/6/08 1:57 AM
loretta
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 6 2008 12:00A
I would recommend this book to get you started on your journey.

"How To Write A Book Proposal" by Michael Larsen."

This book has a lot of helpful info for both fiction and non-fiction works.
4/6/08 1:04 PM
mendelson

Edited: Apr 6 2008 12:00A
Loretta,

Please see your MySpace. You've got mail.

Richard Mendelson
4/10/08 12:53 PM
paw
1303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 10 2008 12:00A
congrats on your upcoming book!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.