UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> Hillary, her pastor & Wright

3/28/08 12:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hubris
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Mar-08

Letter of the day: Clinton, her pastor disagree about Wright Last update: March 27, 2008 - 6:14 PM Hillary Clinton attends the Foundry United Methodist Church in Washington. So does Bill Clinton. Hillary suggests she would not have the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Barack Obama's controversial former minister, as her pastor. But the senior pastor of her church has a very different take on how Americans should react to Wright. The Rev. Dean Snyder wrote, "The Rev. Jeremiah Wright is an outstanding church leader whom I have heard speak a number of times. He has served for decades as a profound voice for justice and inclusion in our society. He has been a vocal critic of the racism, sexism, and homophobia which still tarnish the American dream. "To evaluate his dynamic ministry on the basis of two or three sound bites does a grave injustice to Dr. Wright, the members of his congregation, and the African-American church, which has been the spiritual refuge of a people that has suffered from discrimination, disadvantage, and violence. Dr. Wright, a member of an integrated denomination, has been an agent of racial reconciliation while proclaiming perceptions and truths uncomfortable for some white people to hear. "Those of us who are white Americans would do well to listen carefully to Dr. Wright rather than to use a few of his quotes to polarize. This is a critical time in America's history as we seek to repent of our racism. No matter which candidates prevail, let us use this time to listen again to one another and not to distort one another's truth. "
3/28/08 12:21 PM
StrikeAnywhere
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That pastor is being way too sensible for anyone in the media to care
3/28/08 12:25 PM
KBird
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That being the case, Hillary should immediately change churches. There is no way that she should receive spiritual counsel from someone who would agree with (the supposed Dr.) Wright on so many issues. She is a hypocrite if she stays as a member of the anti-white, anti-America Foundry United Methodist Church.
3/28/08 1:19 PM
StrikeAnywhere
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

marines1 is kinda proving Rev. Snyder's point

where's the love for a fellow marine?
3/28/08 1:34 PM
KBird
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"America deserved 911 would you have the same opinion?" - Okay, then what's your opinion of the millions of American followers of Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell? Are they un-American, too?
3/28/08 1:43 PM
KBird

In fact, are you against John McCain since he gave the commencement speach at Liberty University (only a few years after denouncing Falwell)? Jerry Falwell claimed that AMERICA was at fault for 9/11. I'm sure you are outraged, right?
3/28/08 1:44 PM
Thor
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm wondering aside from the obvious remarks, how do they explain his giving Louis Farrakahn a lifetime acheivment award? THis seems to be forgotten by everyone.
3/28/08 2:06 PM
FJJ828
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NAPLES BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU L.L.C.
"Jerry Falwell claimed that AMERICA was at fault for 9/11. I'm sure you are outraged, right?" Uhhhhhh.... Yeah. what's your point? No one is excused. Poor judgment is non partisan. There are idiots on both sides.
3/28/08 2:14 PM
KBird

"Uhhhhhh.... Yeah. what's your point?" - Uhhhh, it seems as if you just stated my point. I'm not hearing any outrage about anyone other than Obama lately as it relates to spiritual advisors. And specifically, I'm asking marines1 if he is equally outraged at Falwell's statements. But thanks for helping me state what should be obvious, but clearly isn't.
3/28/08 2:31 PM
hubris
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think Wright was out of line.
3/28/08 3:25 PM
hubris

that's one theory, I don't think it's correct
3/28/08 5:06 PM
KBird

"Ok, are you first admitting that Rev. Wright is out of line? If not, why even ask me the question?" - I'm not admitting anything, I'm asking you if you are willing to use the same criteria for McCain as you do for Obama. Don't assume, you know what happens... "You equate Mccain giving a speech at a university of Falwell's to TWENTY YEARS of membership and THOUSANDS of dollars in contributions along with making him the campaign SPIRITUAL ADVISOR? Not even the OG left is that stupid." - I'm not the OG left. In fact, I'm not left at all. But using these two scenarios, I would say that what McCain did is MUCH worse. Six years ago McCain openly stated that Falwell was a hate-monger and divisive for America, yet in 2006 he SOLD OUT to that exact same fat-faced racist, anti-semite bigot so he could gain political favor with fundy christians. In my eyes, that makes him a hypocrite who is willing to side with anti-American rhetoric just so he can get elected. At least Obama is consistent. And, if you bothered to read the entire thread, you'd see that even Hillary's own pastor says that Dr. Wright shouldn't be judged by a few soundbites. "Falwell also was an asshat but no wher near as big as the openly racist, borderline mentally ill, America hater Wright." - You know so very little about either of these men that your opinion is quite worthless. Falwell was likely more racist, certainly could've been considered a megalomaniac (mentally ill) and openly stated that WE DESERVED 9/11. How much more anti-American would you like? We all know that you hate Obama, you're kinda transparent in that regard. It doesn't surprise me that you won't listen to any counter-arguments...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.