UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> Opinions of SW Sigma Series?

3/29/08 1:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
spider guard
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Mar-08

I wanted to get your opinion of the SW Sigma series. A store in my area has the compact 40 for sale at $280. Worth picking it up for that price or is it a headache to begin with? I'm getting a while bunch of mixed reviews about them. People either seem to love them or hate them. Thanks.
3/29/08 2:25 AM
Skpotamus
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Mar-08
The sigma is without a doubt, the absolute WORST gun that S&W has ever made. They were S&W's answer to the glock problem (the problem being glock was kicking their ass in sales). The original sigma worked pretty well. Then glock sued them and S&W had to change the design. The changes made the gun unreliable. In the 7 years I worked at gunshops, the only guns that had more come back with problems were Jennings and Hi points. If you just want something to punch holes in paper at the range, get a .22lr. If you want a gun in a SD caliber, get something different. Stick to the guns LEO's carry for the most part (Glocks, Sigs, H&K's, Xd's, S&W M&P series).
4/6/08 9:52 AM
Backhereagain
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 6 2008 12:00A
There was a saying back in the 90s about SIGMA, last I heard it anyhow---

Same
Invention
Glock
Made
Already

Skpotamus gave the best alternatives.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.