UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Delicious Panda Express Takeout

3/29/08 10:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Buddhadev
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Mar-08

Had some chow mein, orange chicken, sweet and sour pork, and tangy shrimp. Everything tasted deep fried and covered with sugary sauces. I'm so going to pay for this with heartburn tonight...
3/30/08 10:08 AM
cbgrappler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Mar-08
but it was worth it, right?
3/30/08 11:49 AM
crescentwrench
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Mar-08
Barry Glassner has a chapter on the Panda Express phenomenon in The Gospel of Food.  It was one of the first non-burger non-pizza fast food chains to make it.  Their model is different from pretty much any other.  They actually train their cooks to cook and they will even put a knife to their own vegetables.   I dig Panda Express as safe, oversauced, overfried, overfat Americanized ethnic fare.

BTW everyone should read The Gospel of Food.  You may even wind up defending McDonalds.

4/20/08 1:35 AM
Buddhadev
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 20 2008 12:00A
cb grappler: it was :) Panda Express is easily my favorite takeout/fast food anywhere. When I was in DC at Andrews AFB, the panda express that was about two miles from base was every other night's dinner. They only have ONE Panda Express reasonably close to me out here in Seattle, and unfortunately, it isn't close to my work (but it is close to home)

cw: oversauced/fried is actually pretty avoidable if you choose to avoid it (which I didn't). You could actually eat pretty healthy, veggie-intense stuff there. If there were a location close to where I work, I'd practically live on the stuff.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.