UnderGround Forums

MLBGround >> Congrats Mr. Cub!

3/31/08 2:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hawkeyefan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Mar-08

Pretty sure Ernie Banks doesn't read the OG, but I just want to say congrats to him. Mr. Cub had a statue unveiled outside of Wrigley today. There really is no more deserving player. In watching his speech I learned a few things....Ernie was actually the first ever black manager in MLB. He took over when his manager was ejected in a game in like 1972 or something. Ernie was also the only professional athlete to ever play all of his games for one team, in one city, with one mayor, in one stadium, with one team owner and, as Ernie said, with one light...the one provided by God! Anyway...I'm at home drinking some Fat Tire with my Cub hat & shirt on (hopefully these are lucky ones, the last 30 or so in my life haven't turned out to be). The rain is letting up and we're gonna have some baseball. Fuck you fuckers!
4/1/08 8:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Cousin Eddie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Apr-08
"Pretty sure Ernie Banks doesn't read the OG" Early frontrunner for "2008 Understatement of the Year" Even Cubs haters should admire Ernie Banks. He falls into the "impossible to not like" category, IMO.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.