UnderGround Forums

Georgia Underground >> Gainesville XFN 7

6/1/08 9:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Morgz
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overall a good night of fights. Lane really puts on great show.

Big congrats to the 4 Creighton MMA guys...great showing, going 3-1, with the only loss being a close split decision to a tough kid.

Isaac Eberle was fantastic -- Lane, I hope you had a chance to see that fight, or go back and watch it on DVD. Great BJJ finish in about a minute.

Bully Blaylock also had a pretty quick submission win as well.

Oh yeah, I would like 2 DVD's please...I can buy off the site or email you Lane...whatever is easier. Please let me know.
6/1/08 1:13 PM
Telfo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i agree with morgz

6/1/08 8:15 PM
Lightningkickbox
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/01/08 8:32 PM

The DVD's will be ready on Friday so please call my office # to order @ 770-518-9393. Thanks for coming out Morgz. I was really happy with the sportsmanship of the competitors on this event. That probably comes with having only reputable gyms competing.

I sincerely appreciate the support of fans such as yourself. Here are the Event Results.

1) 3 Rounds Mixed Martial Arts Light Heavyweight

Jason Hobbs (Viper's MMA/Altamont, TN)
versus
Anthony Green (High Power Fighting System/Ellijay, GA)

Winner: Anthony Green by Guillotene Choke at 35 seconds into round Three

2) 3 Rounds Mixed Martial Arts Welterweight

Joshua Eschochea (Team Kamikaze/Gainesville, GA)
versus
Jeremy Williams (Creighton's MMA Academy/Duluth, GA)

Winner: Johua Eschochea by Split Decision

3) 3 Rounds Low Kick Rules Welterweight

Timothy Harris (Dean Carter's US Male/Flowery Branch, GA)
versus
Patrick Barger (Team Rodriguez/Duluth, GA)

Winner: Patrick Barger by Unanimous Decision

4) 3 Rounds Mixed Martial Arts Lightweight

Mark Geralls Jr (Premeir Arts/Clayton, GA)
versus
Russell Benes (Alpha Fighting Systems/Hiram GA)

Winner: Russell Bnes by Unanimous Decision

5) 3 Rounds Mixed Martial Arts Welterweight

Andrew Ballenger (Contemporary Martial Arts/Hartwell,GA)
versus
Joshua Cutaia (Perry Athletic Karate/Perry, GA)

Winner: Andrew Ballenger by Unanimous Decision

6) 3 Rounds Low Kick Rules Bantumweight

Daniel Spain (Bulldog Kickboxing/Snellville, GA)
versus
Nick Scorpet (Haymore's United Karate/Gainesville, GA)

Winner: Daniel Spain by TKO at 1:47 of Round Three

7) 3 Rounds Mixed Martial Arts Lightweight

John Michaels (Rage MMA/Gainesville, GA)
versus
Isacc Eberle (Creighton's MMA Academy/Duluth, GA)

Winner: Isaac Eberle by Triangle Choke at 1:11 of Round One

8) 3 Rounds Mixed Martial Arts Heavyweight

Cody Bruns (Team Hammer/Cornelia GA)
versus
Jason Betsil (LA Boxing/Roswell, GA)

Winner: Cody Bruns by Keylock at 1:12 of Round Two

9) 3 Rounds Mixed Martial ArtsWelterweight

Earnest Blaise III (Dean Carter's US Male/Flowery Branch, GA)
versus
Jared Brackett (Alpha Fighting Systems/Hiram GA)

Winner: Jared Brakett  by armbar at 1:34 of Round One

10) 3 Rounds Mixed Martial Arts Lightweight

Ryan Peace (Contemporary Martial Arts/Hartwell, GA)
verus
Lance Dickson (Team Rodriguez/Duluth GA)

Fight was ruled a no contest after Lance Dickson was injured when falling out of the ring

11) 3 Rounds Mixed Martial Arts Lightweight

John Bloodworth (LA Boxing/Marietta, GA)
versus
Jason Blalock (Creighton's MMA Academy/Duluth, GA)

Winner: Jason Blalock by Guillotene Choke at 2: 50 of Round One

12) 3 Rounds Low Kick Rules Bantumweight

Ben Agnew (Contemporary Martial Arts/Hartwell, GA)
versus
Chris Williams (Palmer Kickboxing/Snellville GA)

Winner: Ben Agnew by Unanimous Decision

13) 3 Rounds Mixed Martial Arts United States Heavyweight Championship)

Bobby Peavler (Alpha Fighting Systems/Hiram GA)
versus
John McKenzie (Creighton's MMA Academy/Duluth, GA)

Winner John McKenzie by Split Decision

14) 3 Rounds Mixed Martial Arts Southeastern United States Bantumweight Championship

Jason Freeborn (One Life Krav Maga/Roswell, GA)
versus
Byron Bloodworth (LA Boxing/Roswell, GA)

Winner: Byron Bloodworth at 1:22 of the Third Round by Armbar

6/2/08 7:20 AM
CJJScout
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As always, Lane runs a quality show with no break in the action. My only suggestion would be to do away with that low kick kickboxing crap. I know that is your background and maybe I'm in the minority, but that stalls the action for the MMA and nobody really seems to be into it. Either trash it all together, or front load them to the beginning of the card so it isn't intermingled.
6/2/08 7:58 AM
Morgz
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm almost always on the same page with Scout, but I have to disagree on this one with regards to his shows in GA anyway. My ONLY complaint on this show had to do with the ammy MMA rules (not at all the promotor's fault). With there being no GNP, everything is so limited that most MMA fights go to decision (unless your name is Isaac or Bully). It's very difficult to finish someone in these MMA rules. YOu get rocked standing, then just take your guy down and stall. No danger of being punched on the ground, and submissions are way more difficult without strikes to set them up.

Anyway, back to the low kick rules...to me, some of those fights actually had MORE striking action than the MMA fights -- and they HAVE to stay standing. No getting rocked and then diving for a double leg. Maybe that is just the way this night turned out, but two of those low kick rules fights were barnburners. Many of the MMA fights suffered due to the new rules.

I wouldn't mind seeing the low kick rules fights all together at the beginning of the show, but I wouldn't want to do away with them altogether on the GA cards.
6/2/08 10:32 AM
Telfo

i agree with scout about the kickboxing fights....  my one observation would be to either use a bigger ring or switch to the cage.  that ring was very small and people were constantly being restarted because of the ropes... not to mention the guy that fell out.

great show overall!

6/2/08 10:43 AM
CJJScout
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think that there is very little doubt that the GSAC has screwed up royally with the new ammy rules.
6/2/08 12:28 PM
Lightningkickbox
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/02/08 12:49 PM

Thanks for the compliments and the suggestions guys. I do this for the love of the sport, but making money is the key to keeping my show growing like it is now (four cities now, with Tennessee coming soon)). The Kickboxing does sell a ton of tickets, probably no less than 300 of the 1700 people were there to watch those boys duke it out. And, the ring is a 20 footer with five ropes, which is supposed to keep them in the ring. I will get the Master Edited version back today and will let you know why Lance went out of the ring. I think he was actually knocked out of it with a cross, but I'm not sure. And, Kickboxing in a cage is illegal in Georgia now (GAEC), and I wouldn't put that crap on my card anyway. I know it was done by another Promoter with a sanctioning body which somehow approved it a few years ago. Regarding the rules: I have to "go with the flow" fellows and wish they would bring back the GNP (escpecially with the bigger gloves), because guys are getting hurt worse without it. You just have to have a top notch Ref in there to stop the fight before someone gets hurt. Gadsen is on June 28th and will be one of my best cards yet.

Regular rules with GNG, four oz gloves, knees to the head (standing) and elbows to the body and legs, just to name a few differences.

Pro Semi Main Event: Welterweight: Adam Morse versus Scott Sarratt (Alpha Fighting Systems)

Main Event: Chris Davis 9-0  versus "Big" John McKenzie 6-0 (Creighton's MMA Academy)

Plus a bitchin undercard including full rules MMA & Muay Thai Rules with elbows. I think big John will be selling tickets.

6/2/08 12:45 PM
Telfo

i was glad to see big john didnt get screwed out of the decision.  that guy wanted no part of him.

from what i saw it was a takedown that caused him to go through the ropes.  does this mean the creighton wagon has to travel for johns next fight?

6/2/08 12:58 PM
Lightningkickbox

Edited: 06/02/08 12:58 PM

That's what wagons were made to do man. Gadsden is about two hours drive from the ATL. The venue is really cool and is right beside the Coosa River. I'll be there at Riverfest June 13th to advertise. Riverfest is awesome. Lots of partying with a bunch of live bands jamming out. Approximately, 50,000 rednecks havin a good ole time. Whoooo!!!  I'll be posting more info on the Alabama Forum. My new home.

6/2/08 1:24 PM
CJJScout

His name isn't "Big" John, it is "Sunshine". Geez, get with the times guys.

Lane, what can you tell us about scoring criteria. I asked one of the "Inspectors" running around and he couldn't tell me which pissed me off. I felt like our first fighter got completely robbed. Clearly won the first 2 rounds and clearly lost the 3rd, but lost a split decision.

I know you have no say in the judging, but was wondering how that judge could award two 28-20 scores against 2 of our guys.
6/2/08 1:55 PM
Morgz

CJJScout - His name isn't "Big" John, it is "Sunshine". Geez, get with the times guys.

Well he is Big, and he is John. You're gonna have to tell Paul to quit calling him that too!

I would also like to know what the AC uses as criteria for scoring?
6/2/08 3:23 PM
CJJScout

Morgz -
CJJScout - His name isn't "Big" John, it is "Sunshine". Geez, get with the times guys.

Well he is Big, and he is John. You're gonna have to tell Paul to quit calling him that too!

I would also like to know what the AC uses as criteria for scoring?

Pick a side!
6/2/08 5:27 PM
Lightningkickbox

OK. How about Big Sunshine then? You call him that and see what happens.

On scoring: I doubt that anyone scored a round 28-20 and I am not allowed to see the scores, so who knows? I'm pretty sure we are talking about Jeremy Williams right? The fight was really close until the third. I was standing right by the corner where he took the count. Fortunately for him, the Ref didn't ask him to walk towards him, cause I don't think he could have. Then the round ended. I think everyone scored that round 10-8. Jeremy is a class act and I'm sure he will be back stronger than ever. FYI- When I saw him and his opponent square off, I thought he would easily win, but, looks are deceiving.

6/2/08 8:00 PM
Morgz

His opponent was a tough kid. Even if round 3 was 10-8, that still makes the fight a draw in my eyes. I had Jeremy winning the first 2 rounds pretty decisively. I can see the 10-8 arguement but mostly because of gas and not damage. I don't want to take anything away from his oponent though, he was tough.
6/2/08 11:58 PM
Lightningkickbox

Just watched the DVD and I liked it very much. Lance Dickson charged at Ryan Peace and Ryan sort of side stepped, so Lance went through the ropes onto the judges table rendering himself unable to continue.

6/3/08 7:23 AM
Morgz

Did Lance's head hit the concrete?
6/3/08 8:28 AM
CJJScout

Morgz - Did Lance's head hit the concrete?

I don't think so, just the table.

Lane, if I'm not mistaken one of the judges also gave Big Sunshine a 20, too.

And yes, I was referring to Jeremy's fight. Round 3 was tough for him, but he dominated the first 2. When that guy was holding his head and he is on the opposite side there is no danger of a choke at all, no matter how hard you squeeze. He was on the side and didn't even get put back in guard.

Round 3 was a whole other story. Can't wait to watch Morgz's DVD.
6/3/08 10:04 AM
Lightningkickbox

Morgz- No, his head did not hit the concrete, just a wood table. His whole body absorbed the blow, not just his head.

CJJScout- The lowest score anyone got for a round was an 8, and that was for getting a knockdown. The absolute lowest score anyone got for a whole fight was a 26.  And, get this. I have went into a bout, completely dominating the fight from start to finish, and  still lose a decision. Whatta ya gonna do?

DVD's are on the way to the replication store and will be mailed out on Friday if I recover from my shoulder surgery well enough to get them out.

6/3/08 1:20 PM
Telfo

the ring announcer lady kept saying twenty as a score alot, but im pretty sure it was just an error on her part

6/3/08 3:28 PM
CJJScout

I agree with you Lane, if you leave it in the hands of the judges you never know what you are going to get. That has been proven time and time again.
6/13/08 1:52 PM
rdmar

Lane I wanna fight can u get with me or John at ground zero with some dates maybe in august or the later part of July
6/16/08 9:20 AM
Lightningkickbox

July is not a good month for fights, so I stay away from that month. I do have ashow in late
Augusta. Dothan XFN II on Saturday 8/23/08.
6/16/08 4:11 PM
CJJScout

What are the ammy rules in Alabama? I think I may want to fight over there.
6/17/08 11:46 AM
Lightningkickbox

Edited: 06/17/08 12:07 PM
 There are no rules in Alabama, but I allways sanction with ISKA and use their rules. Elbows to the body and legs at any time. Knees to the head while standing OK. Slams OK, Heel Hooks OK.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.