Sonnon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 11 2008 12:00A

Sequencing Dynamic Flexibility and Joint Mobility

5/13/08 2:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jb57

can anything be done about osteoarthritis of the hip?
To increase joint mobility.
5/13/08 6:19 PM
Sonnon

jb57,

Yes.
8/8/08 8:28 PM
cdueck
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have generally poor flexibilty but I have extremely tight hips. I don't stretch as much as I should but I do stretch. My hamstring stretch improves rather quickly with yoga but my hips stay very tight.
I have other issues with my knees as well but that is another post.
I have looked at your products for awhile but I never know what would be the best for me. Can you help me out.

Thanks
Chad
8/9/08 9:49 AM
Sonnon

Chad,

Begin with Intu-Flow for general preparation, or Grapplers Toolbox Reborn for specific.

ss
8/21/08 11:40 PM
cdueck
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How long is the intu-flow dvd? Is it set up as a continuous flow through the whole body.

Is the grapplers toolbox good for increasing flexibilty and moblity?

Thanks
8/22/08 11:28 AM
Sonnon

cdueck,

The Intu-Flow DVD has 4 levels, each about an hour long though you can make the program last only 15 minutes for time-challenging days.

Grapplers Toolbox is the ideal way for fighters to increase sport specific flexibility and mobility.

SS
5/3/09 10:22 PM
cdueck

For a start would you recommend intu-flow or the grapplers tool box. I have started training kyokushin after a ten year lay off so I am looking to open my hips. Will the grapplers tool box help with this?

Thanks
chad
5/5/09 9:36 AM
Sonnon

Chad,

It sounds like the GTB would be a good entry point for you, though Intu-Flow will become your daily practice.
5/5/09 11:44 AM
cdueck

I just ordered intu-flow with the hopes that it will open me up for the grapplers tool box in the near future.
When is the best time for intu-flow. I will likely do it in the mornings before work.

Thanks for the help, I am looking forward to getting started. I am realizing that I have many issues throughout my body. I thoughy my hips were my biggest problem but I am starting to feel now that it is my shoulders.

thanks again
Chad
5/6/09 8:22 PM
MMAKO

Great exercises, thanks Coach.
5/24/09 8:27 AM
cdueck

I've been doing intu-flow for about five days now and I love it.
It feels like my hands and feet are extremly swollen since I started is this common?
5/24/09 8:39 AM
Sonnon

Cdueck,

It's hard to know precisely what you're describing.

It could be that you've just restored circulation finally. MMA athletes have terrible elbow and knee circulation due to overcompensations developing from perpetually resisting limb submissions.
5/24/09 6:59 PM
cdueck

My hands are not as bad as my feet but my feet feel like they are about a size bigger. I have no pain or discomfort they are just fat.
I'm not concerned about it I just wondered if others have experienced this.

Thanks for all the help.
6/15/09 11:40 PM
cdueck

Hey Coach,

When I am doing intu-flow there is lots of times when I reach points of exersion but not pain. Should I push through that or just go to the edge like you say on the video. I did the advanced dvd this morning and wow did it ever hit my lower back. I can't really preform some of the moves all the way but it felt wonderful on my back. I hope once my lower back(tailbone and up about 3-4 inches)opens up I hope my hips will follow as well. My goal through intu-flow is to do an ass to ankle flat foot squat.

Thanks again, I'm loving it.
Chad
6/16/09 7:53 PM
Sonnon

Chad,

Keep it 6 or below on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the hardest you've ever worked). Effort means you're facing internal bracing (fixed isometric compensation). If you continue to work against that resistance, you reinforce it - like any progressive resistance training program. However, that's not desirable. Take confidence in knowing that if you back off a bit, and stick around a rate of perceived exertion of 3, you'll gain more benefits long-term...
11/5/11 9:38 AM
cdueck

Is the Grapplers tool box a continuation of intu flow. From what I have seen in the clips you've posted it seems to be a greater level of joint mobility is this correct?
11/5/11 12:13 PM
cdueck

Would flow fit be a better progression?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.