UnderGround Forums

MLBGround >> What is wrong with the Tigers??

4/6/10 1:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bruddahoodaman
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark1 -  Zumaya is looking like he's back.  (knock on wood)

He hit 103 yesterday, and the rest of his fastballs were 100 and 101. 

Mark

not to mention he has a breaking ball now.
4/8/10 10:50 AM
Fugazi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Their new closer, Valverde(i think that's it), looks like shit so far in both games. Blew it last night and forgot how many outs there were in the first game.
4/8/10 10:58 AM
Mark1

Scherzer looked really sharp.

Mark
4/11/10 10:34 PM
Dr. Pepper

great start to the season
4/11/10 11:57 PM
Mark1

Yeah, they are playing well.  And Verlander is the worst pitcher on the team so far.  lol

Now, just to get Damon to starting hitting...

Mark
5/18/10 9:55 AM
Mark1

Mark1 -  Scherzer looked really sharp.

Mark

Um...  yeah...

Mark
5/18/10 9:56 AM
Mark1

Fugazi - Their new closer, Valverde(i think that's it), looks like shit so far in both games. Blew it last night and forgot how many outs there were in the first game.

Doesn't look so bad now, huh?

Mark
6/25/10 1:23 AM
adjust

valverde is THE man, after all those near heart attacks rodney gave me, we've definitely earned a guy like jose in the closer spot.

now if we could just get the rest of our pitching sorted... bad time for porcello to have a sophomore slump, always thought perry was kinda overrated, bonine makes me kick small animals, and even fu-te ni is going soft which is really a bummer because the stereotype of asian players in MLB has them somehow exempt from slumping...

i'm crossing my fingers andy oliver comes in hot, but my big question is where the hell is daniel schlereth? this guy was all the talk during the off season trades, his numbers in toledo have been more than decent, i just don't get it why he stays down there when guys like bonine (and sborz) get passes and are constantly gift wrapping games and giving them away to the other teams.
6/29/10 3:39 PM
The Pete
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

adjust - valverde is THE man, after all those near heart attacks rodney gave me, we've definitely earned a guy like jose in the closer spot.

now if we could just get the rest of our pitching sorted... bad time for porcello to have a sophomore slump, always thought perry was kinda overrated, bonine makes me kick small animals, and even fu-te ni is going soft which is really a bummer because the stereotype of asian players in MLB has them somehow exempt from slumping...

i'm crossing my fingers andy oliver comes in hot, but my big question is where the hell is daniel schlereth? this guy was all the talk during the off season trades, his numbers in toledo have been more than decent, i just don't get it why he stays down there when guys like bonine (and sborz) get passes and are constantly gift wrapping games and giving them away to the other teams.

Was going to say maybe he'll get the shot with ZOOM out for the rest of the year, but they're bringing in Fien.
7/7/10 3:31 AM
adjust

2500. so easy a caveman could do it.

johnny damon you rule. thank you for coming to detroit...
7/7/10 12:01 PM
Mark1

Olivier is struggling, but I expect that from a kid.  Hopefully, he'll get on track.

Mark
7/7/10 5:38 PM
The Pete
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think I saw this morning that Galarraga was sent down.  From perfect game to the minors in a month, ouch.
7/7/10 6:05 PM
bruddahoodaman
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah, he's down in toledo now. he got lit up his last 3-4 starts.
7/7/10 7:50 PM
Mark1

He hardly made the team this spring.  Not surprised...

Mark
7/8/10 12:13 AM
Mark1

Looks like Max has turned it around...

Mark
7/8/10 2:34 AM
The Pete

I'm still concerned about the rotation.  JV is going to be solid, hopefully Max will continue the turnaround, Oliver hasn't impressed, Bonderman is spotty, and they have no shot at landing Lee.
7/15/10 12:01 PM
The Pete

1/2 game out to start the second half.  They're getting Porcello back soon, and hopefully he can get back his form from last year.  I think the lineup will stay solid, but the rotation doesn't instill confidence.
7/15/10 2:19 PM
Mark1

Porcello had a strong second half last year, hopefully he does it again.  JV is being JV.  Max is looking good.  Bondo isn't great, but as long as he gives some solid outings, I'll be happy.  And Oliver is still young.

Mark
7/19/10 11:29 PM
Dr. Pepper

galarraga coming back over oliver, we'll see
7/21/10 2:46 AM
The Pete

7 losses in a row, Inge hurt, rotation falling apart, and lack of offense are not a good sign.  If they're more than 5 back at the deadline, they should unload Guillen, Ordonez, and Damon (if anyone will have them) and build for the future.  I'd say get rid of Inge as well, but nobody will take him now.
7/23/10 6:02 PM
The Pete

^ 2 wins in a row after this post.  More doom & gloom!
8/3/10 5:35 PM
The Pete

Send Damon and Inge through waivers please.
8/3/10 6:46 PM
bruddahoodaman

their bats have been absent except for jackson and cabrera.
8/6/10 10:11 PM
The Pete

I'm going to go ahead and call the season.
8/7/10 3:11 AM
Dr. Pepper

yep, stick a fork in that shit

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.