UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> O.K., I give up...

4/21/08 11:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
thelorax
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 21 2008 12:00A

I play all last year, read and try every magazine tip printed, and never hit better than 95. I even got worse at the end of the year, scoring 108 in November.

So last week I pick up the clubs for the first time in 6 months, expecting the worst.

93. If I wasn't putting so shittily, I could have hit in the 80's.

What gives?
4/22/08 1:41 PM
BigKiller

Edited: Apr 22 2008 12:00A

^you weren't thinking about anything the other day.

You seem to be a case of "paralysis by analysis".

You can't go out on the course with one mechanical thought in your head and you probably had dozens.

I bet you hit the ball better on the range than on the course too. On the range you think "good swing", on the course you think "good score".

Stop over thinking, put in a little practice time and, the next time you play, head to the course with ONE FEEL THOUGHT for the day.  If you hit a shit one, let it go.

I can't give you much more if you don't tell me what you're doing exactly.

4/22/08 7:25 PM
Animal Chin
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 22 2008 12:00A

first of all, stop reading those stupid fucking magazines.  if they actually fixed your game they'd be out of business.  go get a pro to give you a lesson and check out your swing.

AND STOP SWINGING SO FUCKING HARD!

4/24/08 12:40 PM
BMF12

Edited: Apr 24 2008 12:00A
Every year, a bunch of friends and I go to Hilton Head for some golf and relaxation. After not touching the clubs for over 3 months (live in the Northeast), I always shoot in the low to mid 80s.

It seems as though, the more time I spedn at the range, the worse I get during the season. Its crazy. I know guys who are great "range players" that can't carry it over to the course. I really think I'm the opposite of that. Maybe its fatigue, hitting so many balls and losing concentration or perpetuating bad habits, I'm not sure.
4/24/08 3:36 PM
BigKiller

Edited: Apr 24 2008 12:00A

You start having mechanical thoughts on the range and then you carry them to the course.

When you haven't played, you don't have mechanical thoughts.

4/25/08 12:07 AM
thelorax

Edited: Apr 25 2008 12:00A
You guys are spot on.

I do think too much during a round.
Also, I hit with power, but get carried away with it, and catch myself trying to crush it.

I should know better, because during my years of baseball, I learned that when you try to kill the ball you hit it poorly.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.