UnderGround Forums

Jen >> MBF and the skeptic

4/24/08 4:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shogun555
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 24 2008 12:00A

Hey everyone, I want to say a few things before I launch into this MBF topic.

First off, I am not a student of Bolo, nor do I have any gain in promoting MBF. I am seriously just too amazed not to post something.

Very quickly, I have had 3 menus in MBF from Michael and I have always been fairly impressed with the results but what happened to me 3 days ago has just blown me away. Before this last "miracle" I had always felt that I got my money's worth on MBF but wasn't one to really talk it up, you know?

Anyways, I had an urge to do some pushups, just out of the blue. No warmup, no anything, I just saw an infomercial and jumped down to the floor in the pushup position. (Did I mention I am 37 years old?)

Well, BAM! As soon as I tried to do one pushup I had this tremendous pain in the top of my right shoulder. I tried to just keep battling thru it and do more pushups but it was very very painful.

I rested, I tried again. Same pain. My shoulder felt jacked up, like I needed to see a doctor. I was thinking surgery for sure. It felt out of place or something. I tried to stretch it, relax it, move it around. It kept making these nasty popping sounds in the top of the shoulder and my shoulder blade in my back.

I lost my MBF menus a long time ago and I only remembered a few of the exercises. So, I did the one I remembered that always seemed to feel good for my shoulders.

After doing 3 sets, I felt a huge reduction in pain. The popping in the shoulder was nearly 100% gone as well. I felt better so I went to bed, kind of impressed.

The next day I went through my drawers in my desk and came across my last menu from Michael. I did the exercises, at least as many as I could remember how to do.

Well, this is now the 3rd day and I have ZERO pain. Seriously, not one bit of pain in my shoulder. I even went to the gym, just to do some light reps to see if I was really feeling 100%. I'm telling you, not one ounce of pain and this is doing the MBF program only three times.

This is really amazing. I can't say enough about MBF and what it has done for me and my ailments.

Michael, I may not be your student anymore but you are always going to be my teacher. I owe you so much thanks for the money I have saved in chiropractic/doctor care, etc.

I was skeptical at times before, only because I hadn't had any huge problems where MBF did what it could do. Not a true skeptic but when I read some posts about MBF on here I was thinking, "Come on, it can't do that!" But I can't tell you the pain I had in my shoulder. I felt that I had done something permanent. It was just so much that I thought I was going to the doctor in the morning, and without you and your pursuit of MBF, I think I would have.

Man, I can't say thanks enough. I don't believe I have ever posted before but this is just something that I had to put out there. Just look into it guys (and girls) if you have pain. Don't run to the doctor's/surgeons, etc. without at least trying MBF. It is amazing.

Thanks for reading and good health to you. Hope this helps even just one of you. Don't try surgery, don't go under the knife without looking into something a little healthier.

After all, MBF is pretty much just exercises. It's worth a shot, I promise you. I am a BIG believer now. I don't wish my shoulder pain on anyone. It made me whimper.
4/24/08 6:10 AM
easternfighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 24 2008 12:00A
Well, pain is best teacher and people really learn from their own first hand experience. Good to hear you are on MBF stuff:)
4/25/08 2:21 PM
Bolo

Edited: Apr 25 2008 12:00A
MBF can do a lot of amazing things that seem unreal and ultimately personal experience is the best teacher. Now you see why I say that I don't really feel the need to see doctors for my injuries nor do I think RICE has much benefit.
5/17/08 8:21 AM
Grappler2010

Will MBF make one taller too?

Correcting all those muscle imbalances and stoops.

G2010
5/17/08 6:04 PM
Bolo

Yes, you can get taller. I had a lot of knee flexion in the past, so once my knee flexion lessened, it would obviously make me taller.
6/13/08 10:40 PM
porvida

Bolo,

Are there MBF techniques that can help with tennis elbow/tendonitis?
6/14/08 3:06 AM
Bolo

By dealing with a person's muscular imbalances through posture, I have helped many people with numerous conditions. From my personal experience, the medical establishment tends to give various names to symptoms throughout the body, but so many of these conditions all have the same underlying cause. In a way, I feel that the medical establishment makes things more complex than it needs to be.

So basically, are there special MBF exercises for tennis elbow? No. From my experience, that is just another symptom of muscular imbalance. Can reducing the imbalances in your body, help with your tendonitis? Yes, I believe it can. Have I helped other people get ride of "tendonitis' in their elbow? Yes, I have.
7/6/09 4:25 PM
petrochemical

Bolo what do you think of this discussion?:

http://www.ukskeptics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2524
7/6/09 5:26 PM
Bolo

Edited: 07/06/09 5:45 PM
I only looked at a little bit of it. I don't have the patience to read all of it.

As far as the Egoscue Method, I don't have a high opinion of it because I attempted to go through their training (quit 3/4 of the way through because they did not deliver on what they claimed they would be teaching), have spoken to many of their practitioners and clinic directors (so I am familiar with what they know or don't know), was disappointed at how they responded when I spoke them about the deficiencies in their supposed educational system, and have seen the postures of those who have used the system for many years.. I'm not saying that method hasn't helped any people as I know people who have felt they had benefited from it. I'm just saying that my opinion of it is not very high due to my personal experiences.

As far as skeptics....

There is no one solution that works for everyone. Why? Because many health related problems and solutions are not just physical issues, but mental and emotional issues. For example, some people have no interest in solving their problems through exercise. You will never convince that type of person that posture therapy will work for them because that's not how they want to resolve their issues. Posture therapy requires that they do a program every day. Maybe some people want to resolve their issues with exercise, however, they don't have the discipline to do exercises every day. Well, once again, posture therapy won't work for them. Some people's pains or problems may be a result of negative mental/emotional issues (such as stress, depression, etc..) For those people, no amount of therapy on a physical level may be able to help them until they resolve those emotional issues. I could go on and on with examples, but I think you get my point.

The other thing to understand is that pain is subjective sensation. For example, there are some people who have multiple bulging discs in their back and have no pain. On the other hand, there are other people with one bulge and they are dying of pain. Science cannot explain why some people feel pain in certain situations while others do not. There is no concrete law that says "if you have condition X, you absolutely will feel Y". I think this is one of the major misunderstandings of the medical establishment. For example, if you look at the thread entitles "MBF and spondylolsis", you will see how a forum member was diagnosed and told that his back pain was caused by spondylolsis. He did his first MBF program and his pain, which he had suffered for many years, was gone. Since MBF did not "cure" his spondylolsis, it shows that the pain he felt was not caused by that condition which the doctors had told him.

Ultimately, the only way to find out if someone works, is to try it out for yourself. Like I said, some thing work for some people and not others. I know several people who said that acupuncture worked great for them. I don't know how or why it work, but I'm not going to tell them that is didn't work because they are the ones that felt the difference in their bodies. For the health of my family and I, we do not follow the medical establishment and standard mentality. Our health is great.

What I have also found is that once the general establishment has created a certain paradigm, it is very difficult to change that paradigm because there are too many people and too much money invested into it. Unless you have billions of dollars to spend, you as an individual or small organization are not going to change the establishment. Personally, I don't bother with trying to convince people otherwise in discussions like you mentioned. Why? Have you ever see anyone actually change their minds/opinions?
7/6/09 6:07 PM
petrochemical

They would tear that argument to shreds I'd say.
7/6/09 6:15 PM
Bolo

Edited: 07/06/09 7:40 PM
It doesn't really matter if they would try to find holes in what I said because they haven't lived the life that I have lived and experienced the things I have experienced. Plus, I'm not making an argument for posture therapy, but rather pointing out that the "holes" that people view in alternative methods can also be found in the standard medical establishment. Show me a method that is argument proof. I don't believe it exists. Ultimately, I do MBF for myself and to help those who want my help. I have no interest in convincing those who don't want my help nor am I interested in changing the world.
7/6/09 8:37 PM
Hunter V
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

def truth.
7/10/09 7:32 AM
Grappler2010

Bolo and Others:

I myself can't say I've worked with MBF treatment, but I have started some new exercise with amazing results to posture.

#1 I've always had bad posture since my 30's. I'm now 40 almost. I've been working as a programmer the last 20 years, sitting 8 hour days in a chair looking at a computer, lifting weights, and playing sports like BJJ (In past anyways).

#2 I have not trained any BJJ for a long time since I had an injury and later on got married and life's plans took me in a new direction.

#3 I decided I was tired of slouching and feeling depressed, so I wanted to be taller. However, it's not height that I acquired in 2 short weeks but an incredible vertical posture. This is how I did it.

A) I decided to walk for 20 min SLOWLY with a consciously straight posture : head looking straight ahead, stomach in, chest out. I had to walk slowly because I found when walking at a faster pace my posture would worsen. After about a week of doing this 3 x week, I found I could hold the posture with less conscious effort . Now 2 weeks into this lifestyle and I can walk at a faster aerobic pace for a good 30 min this time, while keeping excellent posture.

B) I changed my diet quite a bit. I decided to adopt soy milk, chicken breast, veal, and protein powder, alongside 2 egg yolks a week , and several egg whites. My carbohydrate sources came from fruits and vegetables. My meal plan was basically fruit for breakfast, protein/carb veg for lunch, and protein/vegetable for dinner.

C) I never eat later than 7 pm. And I went to bed no later than 11 pm, most nights 10 pm. I heard this increased your HGH levels and I had deep REM sleep because I was always able to remember my VIVID dreams the next day; this was something I wasn't able to do before!

D) My exercise was limited to the walks, and SQUATS. I only did 1 set of squats 2-3 times a week with a weight I could handle for 5 reps. I was interested in developing the overall strength of my body.

E) I would perform only 3 stretches after my squats. One for my back (horizontal stretching of my lats). One of my back (veritical stretching of my lat-- called MOUNTAIN pose in yoga), and a sitting down legs in front of me, touch my toes or as far as I could. I would do several sets of these exercises.

----

In summary in 2 weeks I have come far. My back, knees, or ankle don't hurt as much as before, my body is straighter (much), and I feel more confident.

While I didn't practice MBF I know some of the segments of my program must be similar to it.

Thank you for reading, if you'd like I can answer any questions regarding my experince.

Grappler 2010
7/10/09 8:18 PM
Bolo

Edited: 07/10/09 8:22 PM
I do not tell clients to try to consciously change the way they walk. There are too many postural deviations that exist (most which people are not even aware of) and it would be impossible to consciously try to correct them all at same time. Plus, there are some postural deviations which you cannot change consciously no matter how hard you try.

When most people think of posture, they think of standing more upright and pulling their shoulders back, however, the #1 most destructive postural deviation on the body is actually rotation or counter-rotation.

It is great that you are feeling better from what you are doing. What you are doing may possibly be similar to other posture therapy systems, however, it has no similarity to MBF.
1/12/10 11:30 PM
jrv
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When most people think of posture, they think of standing more upright and pulling their shoulders back, however, the #1 most destructive postural deviation on the body is actually rotation or counter-rotation.

Hi Bolo,

Just curious, what do you mean by rotation or counter rotation in this case? If you don't mind sharing an example I would be interested in hearing more about this. Thanks!
1/13/10 12:24 AM
Bolo

Rotation is when the same side hip and shoulder is forward. for example, if your right hip and shoulder were twisted forward.

Counter-rotation is when the opposite hip and shoulder are forward. For example, left hip forward and right shoulder forward, so your upper and lower body are twisted in opposite directions.
1/13/10 12:53 AM
jrv
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool, thanks for the explanation!
3/20/11 8:15 PM
vegard
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mt
5/14/11 12:03 PM
dany_my

Hi Bolo,

I put in a word about you and your solution4pain.com website on ezseonews.com a few weeks ago. Did Andy Williams contact you? Just wondering...

BTW here was my comment,

http://ezseonews.com/internet-marketing-tips/ezseo-newsletter-307/#comments

comment number 8.

5/14/11 8:51 PM
Bolo

Thanks for the mention! No, that person did not contact me. However, at this moment, I am taking a sabbatical from working with MBF clients anyway.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.