UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> Question about Obama.....

4/30/08 11:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ABE FROMAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 30 2008 12:00A

Can we move the swifboating along please?
4/30/08 11:21 AM
LiveWire
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eh...rightly or wrongly, everything that's going on is part of the political game. You win elections by making your opponent look worse than you.

"Swiftboating" has gone on and will continue to go on for time in memoriam.

4/30/08 11:22 AM
ABE FROMAN

rufus - 

LOL @ swiftboating!  They guy has zero accomplishments.  He wants to become President through his life story and lofty rhetoric.  There needs to be an examination, no?  What are you afraid of?

I'm afraid we'll spam up the OG so much we'll have to put it on bread.

Let's not pretend we're sparring politically either, it's not NEARLY as important to me as it is you. I'm just trying to compile the Obama shit onto one thread or where it belongs....the political ground.

4/30/08 11:23 AM
Yuki

some spam sounds good right now.
4/30/08 11:26 AM
BigEyedFish
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OMG @ spamming. I was initially impressed with Obama and his way with the voters - the guy was showing to be an amazing speaker.

But he is condending for arguably the most important job in the world. It comes out that he has a close personal association with a man who says some unacceptable things and has very questionable associations. Obamas response was although the man was his spiritual mentor for decades (Obama even took the title of his book from Wrights direct quote), he wasnt listening in church, or didnt hear the radical things that were being said.

If you cannot understand why this reflects poorly on Obamas judgement, then you probably should stay home on election day. This is a very real issue that reflects on Obamas character in a very real way. Like it or not.
4/30/08 11:29 AM
Lymond
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Supposedly Obama got into it with Sharpton over Wright. That wins him a few points in my book. If only he would just come straight out and say, "Fuck you Al."
4/30/08 11:30 AM
ABE FROMAN

BigEyedFish - If you cannot understand why this reflects poorly on Obamas judgement, then you probably should stay home on election day. This is a very real issue that reflects on Obamas character in a very real way. Like it or not.

If you cannot understand that this thread is about the inordinate amount of people making threads about the same subject perhaps you shouldn't vote at all.

Dude, normally we're like 'man just landed on the moon' when people post like 5 identical threads.

4/30/08 11:30 AM
hubris
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Obama is a pussy for not backing his Reverend Wright.

Racists are upset at the way black churches are run, Obama should tell them to go fuck themselves.
4/30/08 11:34 AM
ABE FROMAN

To be fair, if a bunch of identical McCain threads showed up I'd make the same thread about him.

When news happens we don't need 800 people to make threads with their take on it. Post on the first one.

4/30/08 11:36 AM
BigEyedFish
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 
BigEyedFish - If you cannot understand why this reflects poorly on Obamas judgement, then you probably should stay home on election day. This is a very real issue that reflects on Obamas character in a very real way. Like it or not.

If you cannot understand that this thread is about the inordinate amount of people making threads about the same subject perhaps you shouldn't vote at all.

Dude, normally we're like 'man just landed on the moon' when people post like 5 identical threads.

ya ok Abe, Im sure by using the very specific term 'swiftboating', you meant repeated threads. I think it is clear what you meant, even if you did not mean to say it that way.

While were on the topic, why dont you give your opinion on Obamas affiliation with the Reverend and how it does or does not effect his legitimacy as a candidate?
4/30/08 11:37 AM
ABE FROMAN

thirdleg - Perhaps your point would be more clear, ABE, if you referred to spamming instead of swiftboating.

I think I've been quite clear. No need for 14 ways of laughing at Obama, or McCain or Hillary. Whatever day it is this week.

4/30/08 11:39 AM
ABE FROMAN

HombreMurcielago - wow this abe froman character needs to STFU. she looks like a sulky whiny bitch

lol

Learn how to spell while you're at it, you one line hooker. You do well to stick with only that line.

4/30/08 11:40 AM
ABE FROMAN

BigEyedFish -

While were on the topic, why dont you give your opinion on Obamas affiliation with the Reverend and how it does or does not effect his legitimacy as a candidate?

I don't discuss politics with this board, it's not a productive use of time. I think we all have an idea where we stand and why, so no need to debate something that will never go anywhere. Complete waste of time.

4/30/08 11:42 AM
Up With Evil
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"But he is condending for arguably the most important job in the world. It comes out that he has a close personal association with a man who says some unacceptable things and has very questionable associations."

I agree with the sentiment - a presidential campaign is essentially a job interview with the applicant arguing that they deserve the authority to send thousands of men to their deaths.  I absolutely think that we need to be extremely thorough in vetting these applicants as well as their associates.

My concern, however, is that this newfound interest in examining the associates of candidates will be used extremely selectively, based on media narratives and bias.  We know all about Barak Obama's church now, but what do we know of John McCain's church?  We're arguing over whether it is appropriate for Barak Obama to associate with a man who makes politically incorrect statements, but where was the concern when the current president, Lord Bumblefuck, placed Rush Limbaugh on his campaign staff?

I'd like to get everything out in the open, but only if we can get *everything* out in the open.  Holding Mr. Obama to a higher standard than any other candidate is unfair and does a disservice to the electorate.

4/30/08 11:42 AM
ABE FROMAN

spell more

4/30/08 11:43 AM
Le Shat

LOL @ higher standard.
4/30/08 11:44 AM
BigEyedFish

I think Rufus on another thread pointed out something interesting about Abe, or like minded thinkers not complaining about the myriad of anti Republican threads made on this board on a weekly basis...
4/30/08 11:46 AM
ABE FROMAN

BigEyedFish - I think Rufus on another thread pointed out something interesting about Abe, or like minded thinkers not complaining about the myriad of anti Republican threads made on this board on a weekly basis...

Selective reading?

4/30/08 11:48 AM
hubris
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ anti-Republican threads
4/30/08 11:48 AM
BigEyedFish

Complaining about swiftboating is a better exercise in productivity than discussing political theories and ideas? Youre kidding, right?

I know that I have learned an awful lot from some of the discussions on this board over the years. Lets not also forget that many of the ideas and foundations of our society were born out of political oratory in Ancient (Greek mostly) times. LOL @ that answer.
4/30/08 11:52 AM
ABE FROMAN

BigEyedFish - Complaining about swiftboating is a better exercise in productivity than discussing political theories and ideas? Youre kidding, right?

I know that I have learned an awful lot from some of the discussions on this board over the years. Lets not also forget that many of the ideas and foundations of our society were born out of political oratory in Ancient (Greek mostly) times. LOL @ that answer.

Ok, you call making multiple threads like 'LOL @ Obama' with the same exact content as the 'Wright' threads and every other Obama thread productive? You look over the reference to 'spam' in favor of the current Obama attack going on to engage me in a conversation I don't want to have? Is that the idea?

I'm not defending Obama, not here on this board. No point in it.

Does that help?

4/30/08 11:59 AM
Trust
819 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Up With Evil - 

"But he is condending for arguably the most important job in the world. It comes out that he has a close personal association with a man who says some unacceptable things and has very questionable associations."

I agree with the sentiment - a presidential campaign is essentially a job interview with the applicant arguing that they deserve the authority to send thousands of men to their deaths.  I absolutely think that we need to be extremely thorough in vetting these applicants as well as their associates.

My concern, however, is that this newfound interest in examining the associates of candidates will be used extremely selectively, based on media narratives and bias.  We know all about Barak Obama's church now, but what do we know of John McCain's church?  We're arguing over whether it is appropriate for Barak Obama to associate with a man who makes politically incorrect statements, but where was the concern when the current president, Lord Bumblefuck, placed Rush Limbaugh on his campaign staff?

I'd like to get everything out in the open, but only if we can get *everything* out in the open.  Holding Mr. Obama to a higher standard than any other candidate is unfair and does a disservice to the electorate.

Absolutely McCain should be subject to the same rigorous scrutiny.  But his time is coming, the press will get to him soon enough. Right now, though, McCain is not in the running for the democratic nomination.

BigEyedFish

No it doesnt since you completely failed to acknowledge or respond to the point of my entry.
ABE FROMAN

BigEyedFish - No it doesnt since you completely failed to acknowledge or respond to the point of my entry.

Then I guess that makes us even.

4/30/08 12:04 PM
PatK
380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL@ higher standard.

I remember that the next time the press lobs a softball at him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.