UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> Have Democrats Officially F@cked Themselves???

5/2/08 4:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GirthVader
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At this point in the election? This battle between Clinton and Obama seems to just be destroying the chances of a Democratic president. The longer this goes on it seems the more dirt is being brought up. The democratic party needs to get its shit together IMHO.

Anybody else agree on this?
5/2/08 4:20 PM
Fraser
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, it will get settled. Then the general election will start, and everyone will figure out how much McCain sucks.

5/2/08 4:21 PM
Brigham
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fraser - 

No, it will get settled. Then the general election will start, and everyone will figure out how much McCain sucks.

LoL, the democrats have definitely hurt themselves. Come the general election, people will realize that this is the shittiest election in recent memory.

5/2/08 4:24 PM
bartos
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm calling it now. The country is not ready to elect a black man or a woman. We are getting McCain for prez.
5/2/08 4:24 PM
MisterFixit
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

recent memory = last 100 years
5/2/08 4:27 PM
Steve72
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The very fact that this election is still in any way in doubt should give the answer to your question.

If the Democrats were in any way a reasonable organized party, they should be able to put anyone up and be massively favored to win in the wake of the current Republican administration.

5/2/08 4:28 PM
PatK
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fraser - 

Yet still more qualified and realistic than whoever the Dems choose.

Regardless, we're fucked.
5/2/08 4:29 PM
GirthVader

I was fairly certain that I would be happy with either Clinton or Obama. Now I dont really want either in the office. I am sure i am not the only person feeling this way.
5/2/08 5:57 PM
DirkH

It is not a matter of this country being "ready" to elect a black man or not. The country was quite ready to elect a man that happened to be black, until it was revealed his pastor, church, and by right of long association, he was a flaming racist.

White guys will vote for black guys they like. White guys will not vote for black guys who rant and rave about how evil white people are.
5/2/08 6:50 PM
GirthVader

I agree with DirkH, on a sidenote, do you live in MI Dirk?
5/2/08 6:51 PM
guy1
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bartos - I'm calling it now. The country is not ready to elect a black man or a woman. We are getting McCain for prez.

Do you honestly believe these are the reasons why they are going to lose?

5/2/08 8:28 PM
Dratherbe

Obama is the only candidate that's likeable - regardless of what his pastor said.

Hillary's a power-hungry bitch and McCain is an intemperate asshole.
5/4/08 5:45 AM
apheleon

White guys will vote for black guys they like. White guys will not vote for black guys who rant and rave about how evil white people are.

he is HALF FUCKING WHITE!

so you are saying he hates half of himself?!?

that makes no sense! wake the fuck up!

more white people support Obama AFTER the Rev wright fiasco than before! (unless you belive the lying corporate media)

look at this graph from the times / cbs polls

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/05/02/opinion/column-chart5-for-web_xx.gif

"So, to sum up: Look at the damn graphs. You can see that Clinton is in a staggering free-fall among African-American voters, her favorability is down 36 points while 17 percent view her more negatively than before, while Obama’s favorable and negative ratings among whites have paired at five point increases. You can even see the small dip - about two percentage points - in his popularity among whites that can be attributed to the news cycles about his ex-pastor, and see that it has leveled out and is now on a straight horizontal line (meanwhile, Clinton’s numbers among blacks continue on an extreme downward precipice). The greater context is that even including Obama’s slight dip, he’s more popular today among white voters than he ever was prior to February.

Not since Ronald Reagan has an American presidential candidate withstood such an assault in the media and seen his popularity not hurt by it, but, rather, galvanized by it. That’s what is meant, in politics, by the term "Teflon."

Those facts won’t stop many media (and Internet) talking heads from continuing - whether out of gullibility or intentional dishonesty - to prop up the "white voters" narrative, but it ought to inoculate you, kind reader, from believing it."
5/4/08 6:02 PM
WhitebeltLifer

everyone will forget about all of this when the general election starts winding up - true story
5/9/08 1:22 PM
DirkH

GirthVader, no. I live in Arkansas.
5/20/08 5:21 PM
Dratherbe

No, BB, I'm a conservative. I've made some incredibly insightful posts here. Perhaps you've missed them. Hint: I'm the guy that likes Thomas Sowell alot.

McCain IS an intemperate, obstinate asshole - this is common knowledge in Washington. McCain-Feingold was a blatant attack on free speech. John regularly tries to court the media and the moderates rather than his own party. He a country-clubbing, blue-blood Republican.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.