UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> Obama on Iraq

5/5/08 4:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BigEyedFish
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

attjack - 
BigEyedFish - lol ok, so no one has a source. I get it.

Google motherfucker. Multiple reports have come out each year since 911 revealing this fact. When we're talking about known facts the impetus is upon you to provide yourself with basic education.

Brains motherfucker. I am not going to debate against myself. Lets get back on track. The initial question was whether or not AQ is more capable and organized than it was pre 911. I said I didnt understand how it could be and have been met with vague claims and bizarre expectations that I source someone elses debate. Are you people for real? Show me a source that substantiates what you are saying. This is not an unreasonable request.
5/5/08 4:53 PM
attjack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You are obviously ignorant if you've missed all the reports over the last five years. Seriously ignorant.
5/5/08 4:54 PM
BigEyedFish
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Again, so you have no source. Got it.
5/5/08 4:56 PM
BigEyedFish

attjack - You are obviously ignorant if you've missed all the reports over the last five years. Seriously ignorant.

It just struck me what you wrote here. You are now claiming that for each year 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 that AQs competence and efficency as an organization has been stronger than pre 911. Im not going to even ask you to source that, Im just going to laugh at you and also at myself for even trying to discuss this with you.
5/5/08 5:02 PM
BigEyedFish

urb - I agree with BEF or at least the NIE's reports on Terrorism agree with what he is asserting.

Please be aware that you may have to provide a source for the counterpoint to your statement. :/
5/5/08 6:22 PM
cuzz63
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy Zimmerman - It's so bizarre that a "liberal" is calling for Iraqis to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and get off Uncle Sam's tit, but conservatives want us to coddle Iraqis and provide them welfare in an open ended committment.
Who is right?

Why are we still in Germany? Or Okinawa? I understand Korea since we have to keep the North out of the South but you would think after 50 years they could keep the North out themselves.
5/5/08 6:28 PM
jimmy23
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol@ those who think the problem is Iraq is Al qaeda

anyone who thinks this isthe case should watch more Ahnold movies and leave international politics to folks who read books on occasion

5/5/08 6:30 PM
Entreri

Didn't McSame want to stay in Iraq for 100 years?

WWII, 5 years...
5/5/08 8:56 PM
Respect

"When America pulls out of the region they will create a power vacuum.

Respect, you know that how?"
-- I'll admit it is a theory. When America does pull out, who do you think the Iraqis will side with, USA or Iran?

"Respect - What will happen to America's military bases/infrastructure in the event of a pullout?

"I think you are referring to over 2/3rd's of Army Units not being combat ready."

-- I was referring to America's actual military bases, and the investment in Iraqi infrastructure (roads, etc.) I'm sure most of these bases were formerly Iraqi, but America undoubtedly invested large amounts of money to refurbish these facilities. Money down the drain I guess.

"I'm not sure that pulling out of Iraq and moving to Afghanistan would help improve that."
-- I agree, I don't think it will aid the situation in any manner.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/iraq.htm

"I think that the recruitment boost caused by Iraq is almost entirely irrelovant. There was no Iraq before 9/11. The problem is institutional hatred being taught in the schools and madrassas in the Middle Eastern Region. Without addressing that, nothing will change."

-- You don't believe the Iraqi occupation gives the Islamic propagandists ammunition?
5/7/08 12:08 AM
cuzz63
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy Zimmerman - Guys, last year's National Intelligence Estimate said that Al Qaide has "regrouped to an extent not seen since 2001."

Are you saying that the NIE is lying? Or incorrect?

Are they related to the same guys who said Iraq had WMD's ready to go at any moment?
5/7/08 7:18 AM
jimmy23
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yea, i believe that NIE was thrown together in two weeks to give Bush cover when he appeared before congress

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.